Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verdict: The rubberized Blackberry Pearl Case by Case-Mate is a great accessory for all Pearl ... Smartphone Reviews forum

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro

First Hands-On Review: Rubberized Pearl Case by Case-Mate - Coming Soon!

Advertisement

Verdict: The rubberized Blackberry Pearl Case by Case-Mate is a great accessory for all Pearl users.
    Pros: Tight fit around device, Illuminating Keypad, Unhindered Device Usage, Precise Cut-Outs & Water Resistant Keypad.
    Cons: Lacks Holster/Belt Clip (possibly to be offered by Case-Mate.com in the future)
    URL:
    www.case-mate.com
    Price:
    (Coming Soon)
    Overall Rating:
    5 out of 5

To start, the design of this case is impeccable. All buttons are precisely covered by the case, so there is absolute ease of device usage. Additionally, the snug fit of the case, along with the exact placement of the cut-outs, allows unhindered usage of the many ports on the device. In turn, you will never have to adjust the case after putting it on the phone.

The illuminating keypad is a plus for this case too. When the phone is lit, the keypad on the case illuminates via the light from the device. This allows your keypad to be visible even though it is completely covered.

Another great attribute of this case is that it gives additional protection to the phone. The case offers a water resistant keypad and it protects the device from scratches when dropped. The case is made with two different surfaces, grip and non-grip. The non-grip surface is ideal for those who prefer to keep their phone in their pocket because it would be easier to remove. On the other hand, the grip surface is for those who prefer to carry their phone in their hand or in a bag.

As you can tell, at this point, this case lacks a holster/belt-clip, which is its only downfall. In conclusion, the rubberized Blackberry Pearl Case by Case-Mate is a great accessory for all Pearl users. The flawless design says it all.

*Black with the shine finish is the non-grip version

*Black with the matted finish is the grip version

Note: Empty Pearl 8120 replacement shell is present inside case in the photos.
    Last edited by apmartin; 07-23-2008 at 11:17 AM.

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    I like the button covers...but not for me... Looks a little bulky

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really hope these are better than the Curve cases that CaseMate put out. They were "cardboard" leather and lasted myself and several of my friends only about a month. The holster clips were also poor quality. Maybe being rubberized, these will last longer.

If you decide to give these a try, make sure that you purchase them directly from CaseMate as, unlike OtterBox, they do not honor any warranty if you purchase them from what they consider an "unauthorized" source - even then, it's a 90-day warranty; OtterBox is lifetime.
    Last edited by finder216; 07-23-2008 at 12:32 PM.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Those are really sweet. Great idea. That caught my attention. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Wow- looks hot- and I agree, the clip is a must!

Great review- thank you.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    How much would one of these cases set me back?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    give me 7
    Mike

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Looks pretty ugly

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I might like it for the grip on the phone, like drop protection.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fuentes01a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188C681
    I have to say for me a belt clip is a must.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

soulmedic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Any idea if this will fit in the Seidio holster?

I currently use the hard rubberized shell and the belt clipped holster from Seidio.

KrymsynDragon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    318AAAFB
    I like it but the ? I have... Does it come in clear? I love the burgundy color of my pearl... Great review! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ferfious no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks for the review
    i really like the idea of protecting my keys. i am so OCD about my phone, this may be right up my alley. i may have to try the white one of these. i love pink, but that pink is reminding me of my mamaw (yes i am southern originally, LOL)

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3
    this is a good case i think it will also protect the berry from dust the gripping is a nice and would make the pearl more durable i would buy it as soon as i get my pearl

asif9t9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    That pattern is tres ugly!! I use one of those "screen guards" over the screen, and I have the Blackberry rubber case, which does not cover the keys. I am about as rough as it gets with my BB Pearl. In and out of my pocket with keys, coins, etc. I haven't had a problem.

And my rubber case has a "grip" but still slides in and out nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast