Anyone tried EQO yet? It's a free app, works on all Blackberrys and offers mobile ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jhorocks no está en línea Stack level 1

EQO - mobile VoIP, free IM and texting

Advertisement

Anyone tried EQO yet? It's a free app, works on all Blackberrys and offers mobile VoIP to over 200 countries/mobile roaming, free mobile IM with MSN/Yahoo!/Google Talk/ICQ/Jabber/AIM/QQ, and free/cheap texts.

We'd love to hear what you think.

Check it out:

www.EQO.com
    Last edited by jhorocks; 06-05-2008 at 06:05 PM.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    I never used it for VoIP, but QQ. As the only IM app that handles QQ, I gave it shot again recently when a new version came out. It doesn't have fancy interface like JiveTalk, but it gets job done. I still prefer Jivetalk for its UI.

BTW, anyone who use QQ and blackberry outside of China, you should try eqo as normal QQ mobile won't work out of China (because QQ chooses chinamobile APN strictly)

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    i used to use it before i switched to nimbuzz. then i switched from nimbuzz to web messenger. EQO kind of lagged my device and nimbuzz was ok until i discovered web messenger.

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    whats web messanger

ksat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c75507
    I've got EQO loaded and have used it. Like what was already said, it's nothing fancy...but, then again, it's just an IM and VoIP app.

One thing that I have noticed using these apps - my battery gets KILLED! Battery drain is massive running any kind of applet that constantly updates status and maintains connectivity with the internet.
    KSAT
    BB 8830 User/Abuser
    PIN: 32C75505

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Having problems setting this up. It won't accept the password or my phone number.

curienpowder no está en línea Stack level 1
    i got a ATT 8310 curve and it works great on mine. i only use it for IM. it charges data not text. i love it, but i do have to keep checking my data used to make sure i dont go over. i hoped it used text, i have unlimited.