Anyone in the Stacker Review tried an application called EQO Mobile? (EQO.com) I got an ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Question Eqo

Advertisement

Anyone in the Stacker Review tried an application called EQO Mobile? (EQO.com) I got an email out of the blue the other day advertising "free or cheap" international calls, etc. Although the site doesn't say it, it looks like a voip application because it uses your cell's data plan for calls, text msgs. etc.

If anyone knows about it I'd appreciate the info. I'm interested in international calls that work and don't cost much.

Thanks in advance,
    jb
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-19-2007 at 11:23 AM.

manolo_mnz no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: Eqo

Yea it pretty much is a VOIP for your phone that can call other countries for pretty cheap. It also has text messaging and of course IM. When you register they give you $2.50 credit and after that you can either buy $10.00 or $20.00 worth of credit. Try It Out...I like it.

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990

Re: Eqo

yeah, i used it, and it is pretty cool. i liked it for the IMing, but it slowed down my blackberry tremendously! i used it on a pearl.... but all and all, this is a nice poece of software.....

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is it true VOIP (100% data) or does it ring your blackberry with the and use your cell plan minutes?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Good question, nealpolshuk. I don't know the answer - maybe one of the other EQO user/repliers can explain how incoming calls work on a VOIP cell phone setup...I assume that the outgoing simply access your data plan for the call. I don't really understand VOIP to well - that ought to be obvious. I guess I need to do some research and reading.
    Thanks,
    jb

Last edited by jblackfish; 01-02-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

yea i just got it myself, and i love it for the IM part more than the calling, and texing, but its cool, the IM part is free, and everything has a small of cheap charge, but i love it...