Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Thanks for the review. But honestly I had to uninstall this program ... Smartphone Reviews forum

tj2311111 Guest

Re: CES 08': Yahoo! Go 3.0 Hands on.

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the review.

But honestly I had to uninstall this program just like the previous version.

Whats with this program and eating up space? I think there underestimating the space this program takes up. Before this program I was at 28.5MB's after a restart and after I added Yahoo! Go 3.0 I'm down to 24MB's after a restart. I have programs that do the same thing while taking up less space. Also its not as fast as other apps, still slow loading/navigating widgets. It looks nice but that's about it.

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C

This program was a waste of hype. Just like V1 and V2.

Slow and Clunky

thewildside no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by nvisi0n View Post
    This program was a waste of hype. Just like V1 and V2.

Slow and Clunky
    I agree with you 100% this applet is not worth the hype at all and i will never use it
    all help given is free, and as is. I'd hate for someone to try and sue me for a mobile bill
    Help Me grow my website by spreading the word!
    http://gadgetworld4u.com

fwellers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242219FB

I used to use version 2.0, for a quick look at weather and headlines.
    Since I found bbweather, and some other news sources, I don't really see a use for yahoo go anymore.
    I checked out version 3 out of curiosity, and found I liked the interface less than version 2, and that it was slower also.
    As others have said, it uses precious memory, so I deleted it. I don't need it at all.
    People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
    Peace,
    Floyd

tsatsut no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24294af1

Thumbs down Re: CES 08': Yahoo! Go 3.0 Hands on.

this version is wack cuz i can't sync my contacts with my yahoo address book like the version 2, plus it got slower too....

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I don't find it to be the total waste that many of you have asserted...

it's fine to ck my yahoo mail and if i'm in there can browse news, stocks, feeds, etc without going to another app... is it the first thing i open, NO.... but, it's not terrible IMO

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Fixxer00 no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't get it to start up either. I don't have a data plan but I do have Wifi so I'm not sure if you need both to get it to connect for the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
    Too bad mines work get past the "internet connection not found" prompt. Yes I have full access to the internet, yes I am BES and I have full function of my phone, yes I have other applications that use the internet that work as well.

thisisphil03 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer00 View Post
    I can't get it to start up either. I don't have a data plan but I do have Wifi so I'm not sure if you need both to get it to connect for the first time...
    me neither... checked everywhere, did everything forums told me to do... finally got my opera 4 mini to work tho :/ , but I really want to check this out. any ideas anyone????

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Slow, slow and slow. Last version is slightly better

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I can't get this to work on my 8300 -- the install locks up and I have to do a battery pull.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Thanks for the review Hayden!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Downloaded, installed and it works fine....but...

I also don't like the interface quite as much as the last version. I find that, in at least a couple of the widgets, it's hard to tell what keystroke will back me up a menu level, or dump me at the carousel again - or take me out of the application altogether.

I found the last version a bit annoying in some respects -- such as not being able to REMOVE widgets that hold no interest for me in this context. For example: I do NOT need a "sports" or "hollywodd" widget in this application. But I have no way of removing them. That's really irritating, and they carried this through to the new version as well.

On top of that irritation, the new UI is actually LESS well thought out, and LESS consistent and intuitively obvious. Their design team is going in the wrong direction.

As impressive as the overall application is on a blackberry, I actually find that it's more cumbersome than having a few key mini applications right on my desktop. For example: I can open Viigo for a quick view of RSS feeds that interest me, and I can open BB weather for a forecast. Also: applets like Viigo and BBWeather are very lightweight, and can operate in the background - I do not mind leaving them running around the clock. But something like Y! Go is big: it uses a good chunk of memory when running, and takes a significant amount of time to start up, making it less appealing overall.

I suspect that apps like Y! Go may make more sense when we have more working memory and faster processors -- perhaps like the upcoming 9xxx series is rumored to have.

I may keep the application loaded for now, just to explore when I have a bit of spare time, but I suspect I'll be deleting it pretty soon. It doesn't do anything for me that I don't already get another way, faster and more intuitively. It's pretty - but it's big and bloated, and not worth the overhead -- at least that's how I feel today. I'll give it another day or two before deleting...

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Thumbs up Re: CES 08': Yahoo! Go 3.0 Hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    Downloaded, installed and it works fine....but...

I also don't like the interface quite as much as the last version. I find that, in at least a couple of the widgets, it's hard to tell what keystroke will back me up a menu level, or dump me at the carousel again - or take me out of the application altogether.

I found the last version a bit annoying in some respects -- such as not being able to REMOVE widgets that hold no interest for me in this context. For example: I do NOT need a "sports" or "hollywodd" widget in this application. But I have no way of removing them. That's really irritating, and they carried this through to the new version as well.

On top of that irritation, the new UI is actually LESS well thought out, and LESS consistent and intuitively obvious. Their design team is going in the wrong direction.

As impressive as the overall application is on a blackberry, I actually find that it's more cumbersome than having a few key mini applications right on my desktop. For example: I can open Viigo for a quick view of RSS feeds that interest me, and I can open BB weather for a forecast. Also: applets like Viigo and BBWeather are very lightweight, and can operate in the background - I do not mind leaving them running around the clock. But something like Y! Go is big: it uses a good chunk of memory when running, and takes a significant amount of time to start up, making it less appealing overall.

I suspect that apps like Y! Go may make more sense when we have more working memory and faster processors -- perhaps like the upcoming 9xxx series is rumored to have.

I may keep the application loaded for now, just to explore when I have a bit of spare time, but I suspect I'll be deleting it pretty soon. It doesn't do anything for me that I don't already get another way, faster and more intuitively. It's pretty - but it's big and bloated, and not worth the overhead -- at least that's how I feel today. I'll give it another day or two before deleting...

ditto ditto and triple ditto.

couldn't have said it better.

crackberryist no está en línea Stack level 3

hayden 437 unread mails . if you should need an assistant i will bit the bullet and come over to antigua to help you out i will work for free, just need a ticket istanbul-antigua, bed and 3 meals a day. and, finally, an unlimited data plan
    WHY USE DRUGS IF YOU GOT A CRACKBERRY
    UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I'M THE ONLY "ACTIVE" STACKER IN TURKEY

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~It can't find my internet connection for some reason, even though both wifi and my network connection are more than fine. Oh well, in the trash bin it goes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12