Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My Updates added at the end: Just got mine today and talked around the house, ... Smartphone Reviews forum

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

Good but not the best yet.....

Advertisement

My Updates added at the end:

Just got mine today and talked around the house, in the car and at the store. My opinion is this:

In comparison to my Jabra 250

Upside:
    Noise reduction for the person listening to me is 100% spot on. Best out there. I was in a crowded store and my wife thought I was in my car with the door shut it was so quiet to her. Even my 1 yr old baby crying in front of me couldn't be heard to the other person.

My Jabra is nice and works well but noise reduction is just okay to below average. Typical really.

Downside: (Upside to my Jabra 250)
    The downsides to the Jawbone add up to me but I'm spoiled.

1. The 250 fits my ear perfectly and is litterally the easiest one to slide on and begin using. I don't even wear it, I simply slide it in my pocket and pop it on when a call comes in. This way I don't have to be a geek and wear it all around.

2. The 250 is slim and litterally fits in my shirt pocket and compliments my 8800 in many ways in terms of look, feel and size. The Jawbone is much more ackward to store in my pocket due to its size and ear-loop.

3. The sound quality in my ear of the other caller is way below that of the Jabra. The Jabra teamed with my 8800 is almost too loud. I actually have the Jabra turned up to high and keep my phone on a low volume level. Nice though as when things get loud around me, I can turn up the volume on the phone easily. The Jawbone is weak. I have it up to level 6 and my 8800 all the way up and it's about 1/2 that of the Jabra. Part of it is fitment, but even when I press it in my ear all the way, the volume doesn't compare.

The quality is also lower. Much more tinny and thin vs the full rich sound of the Jabra. The 250 sounds very close to reality vs the small speaker tin that the Jawbone produces. I cut a little larger hole in the rubber fitting on the earpiece I'm using and it has slightly helped the volume issue, but the quality thing won't change.

4. Vibration.....I love that feature of the Jabra. I can have my phone in my computer back and the jabra in my pocket and it will vibrate alerting me of the call. It's also nice when I do wear it say in the car and have the radio up in volume. It vibrates on my ear, whereas the phone ringer is more easily drowned out.

In the end, I'll likely keep it for a couple weeks and return it if I don't like it. I will give it a fair shake to see if anyone notices or says anything about my sound quality. I'm especially interested on how it performs on my next long car trip where I take/make a lot of calls. Battery life will be tested there for sure.

Worst case, I may just use it in the car where I make a lot of calls. The Jabra may still end up being my daily carry though. Time will tell. If Jabra were on the ball, they would put the same technology in their unit and have big hit on their hands.

Update:
    After having this for two days now, I've finally been able to manipulate and bend the ear piece to fit my ear in a very stable and comfortable position. No different than the in-the-ear fit of the Jabra, it will likely take a bit of getting used to. I never thought I'd like the Jabra but quickly did.

I also have reverted back to the smaller round ear bud vs the oblong one I had installed. The reason being is that it seems to give me a much better fit after manipulating the ear piece and also the volume is now much better. Still about 20% lower than my Jabra/Preference, but it's not troubling or bothersome.

My wife still things they are all funny looking and this one while a bit larger actually feels like you're not wearing it at all really. The noise reduction is really doing extremely well. I talked on the phone with my wife while in a small bathroom, water running and fan on and I even flushed the toilet to see if she noticed anything and she stated that it sounded like I was in a quiet room. Only a slight hint of background noise when my son was talking like 3yr olds do....

I'll continue the updates for those that are interested.
    Last edited by pdqgp; 03-18-2007 at 02:43 PM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: BT wireless Jawbone is a sleek, futuristic-looking gadge.....

pdqgp, excellent review. I agree 100% with your take on the Jawbone. For me, the fact that I could not get it to fit comfortably in my ear made it a take back.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Great review. I've been debating with myslef since bews of the Jawbone hit the street. This review has solidified my decision to stick with my Nokia...

Again, thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

I tried the jawbone at a cingular store, although sound was quite impressive, I did not find it comfortable for extended use nor too secure. Maybe because I use glasses.
    Waiting for new bluetooth, stay tuned, will post review soon (expected delivery tomorrow) OF course, I did not pay the MSRP for it but its supposed to be one of the best bluetooth headsets..not the most "stylish" one but I am looking more for funtionality, loudness and able to use it with glasses rather than great looks..
    http://www.soundid.com/web-content/products.html
    Last edited by likefre; 03-18-2007 at 12:15 PM.

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Smile Re: BT wireless Jawbone is a sleek, futuristic-looking gadge.....

I finally broke down and got a jawbone. It seems to have paired up with my 8703e fine, but after talking for a short time, the person on the other end gets a lot of static. Has anyone else had this problem???

I really like the fit, and I wonder if I have done something wrong when I paired it.

Z06_Pilot no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B34C42

I know I'm piling on, but the Jawbone is just fantastic. I can have my windows down and AC/DC on the stereo and my callers hear just a faint background noise(this was done as a test....I don't typcially talk on the phone with the windows down and radio blasting!)

You can try it from Cingular for 30 days with a full return policy....love it....technology that works as advertised.

very cool how it does it's thing. there is a small nub on the set that makes contact with, you guessed it, your jawbone, and can tell via vibrations I suppose, when you are talking so it knows when to activate the noise cancelling circuits...very nice...

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

x2 on that. I did the same thing...radio litterally blasting. the only thing that tended to cause some background noise was the factory subwoofer in the car I've had mine for several weeks and like any ear piece, it did take a little time getting used to, but now it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06_Pilot
    I know I'm piling on, but the Jawbone is just fantastic. I can have my windows down and AC/DC on the stereo and my callers hear just a faint background noise(this was done as a test....I don't typcially talk on the phone with the windows down and radio blasting!)

You can try it from Cingular for 30 days with a full return policy....love it....technology that works as advertised.

very cool how it does it's thing. there is a small nub on the set that makes contact with, you guessed it, your jawbone, and can tell via vibrations I suppose, when you are talking so it knows when to activate the noise cancelling circuits...very nice...

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

Hermdog... you get the find of the month with the Jabra Eargels... work far beter than the ear loop that comes with it. Only if i didn't drop my jawbone on the floor of my truck and stepted on it. :S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123