Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

www.jawbone.com I was wondering if anyone else has seen this product. Has anyone any knowledge ... Smartphone Reviews forum

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

BT wireless Jawbone is a sleek, futuristic-looking gadge.....

www.jawbone.com

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this product.

Has anyone any knowledge if this links up with a blackberry?

For those of you that use a BT, we all know that Rimm is particular in BT products playing well with a Blackberry.

Also it has been a while since I have visited this topic here. So on this product and any other you would recommend as a good BT compliant product to use with your Blackberry, please post a reply.

Thank you in advance.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    I like the looks of this BT. I use a Nokia BH200 (i think that is right...not next to it right now). It's very comfortable and has great range!

I have to admit that if this device is reasonably priced (<$100) I might just have to make the switch

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thats kind of a sexy little BT headset.. 100 bucks retail? if it pairs up well with a BB might be fun to have...
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

PIN/ID
    3G
    Here's a link from engadget dealing with the jawbone!

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/17/a...rade-noise-ca/

PIN/ID
    3G
    I just added my name for the free gound shipping option when the online colors become available. We'll see what happens if the device is affordabel. I'll post a review once/if I actually get the jawbone.

hermdog no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4010EE0A
    You can buy these at your local Cingular retailer $119. The Silver color only. I bought one yesterday.
    It pairs fine with my 7100i.
    And as in their video demo at www.jawbone.com this baby delivers. I was in a server room with lots of Cisco switches and Dell servers which have noisy fans and this thing canceled all of the noise. I would disable the noise canceling and there was a considerable amount of noise. Turning it back on would elimniate the backround noise. Totally amazing!!! The person I was testing this with was so convinced that he immediately went out to buy one. This product delivers on it's claims.

My next test will be driving in the car and having a conversation with the road noise. Which reminds me of one more thing I like about the jawbone. With the HS850 there were times I couldn't here the caller and would have to press the ear piece up against my ear. Not an issue with the jawbone since the earpiece goes right in the ear.

Some minor cons. I use a moto HS850, which turns on by flipping open the microphone. The jawbone you have to hit a button to turn on and off. Not a big deal, it just became second nature to close the mic and know it was off.

2nd con is my moto has a nice case that goes on my belt when not in use. As of yet there is no case for the jawbone. Both these things are not show stoppers.

If your looking for noise cancellation headset. I would recommend the jawbone without hesitation.

hermdog
    Last edited by hermdog; 12-22-2006 at 04:26 PM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I might have to swing by the local Cingular store to have a look. Thanks for the review Hermdog.

hermdog no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4010EE0A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You may want to call first. When I went they were out, but lucky for me they called another store and they had one left.

zeenaught no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E28A3D
    I picked up my silver Jawbone at my local Cingular today. I hit three stores before I found someone who knew what it was and had one to sell me.

I think it's a good looking device although bigger than other units on the market. That's okay though considering how well it works. It is not as comfortable as my last headset which had a custom earmold made by the company I work for, Starkey Laboratories. I will see if a custom mold can be adapted to this headset.

The noise canceller works well, and of course that's the reason for its existance. I have made a couple calls on it today and the caller on the other end can hear me very well even with the windows down and radio on in my car. I think its worth the $130 it cost.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by zeenaught
    I picked up my silver Jawbone at my local Cingular today. I hit three stores before I found someone who knew what it was and had one to sell me.
    I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I stopped by two Cingular stores on my way home and neither of them had even heard of the Jawbone. I am very interested to try out this unit because I still haven't found a BT headset that I like (loud enough for me with background noise).

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a
    HermDog, I appreciate your valuation of the jawbone. Great job!! When I find one, I'll report back hopefully with the same sucess.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I just picked one up today at a Cingular store. Many thanks to Hermdog for recommending that I call a few stores first. I only found one store (out of 5 calls) that even heard of it and yes they had 3, still in their shipping boxes.

It's charging up now. I will try it out tomorrow and report back.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well, I finally had a chance to check this baby out. And as Herdog said "It delivers"! Noise cancelling is excellent and earpiece volume is the loudest I've heard to date. I took it out for a quick drive with the windows down. Called the wife (without the Noise Cancelling on first) who couldn't even hear me with all the noise. Then I hit the NC switch and presto, she thought I had rolled up the windows and stopped the car. I could also hear her very well even with the windows down.

However........(isn't there always one?)

This unit only comes with two ear loops (well, actually 4, two for each ear) and only 4 ear pieces. I have tried every combination of loop and earpiece (twice) and can not find a comfortable fit that'll stay put when I move my head. This is very troubling to me. If the unit moves around at will, it kind of defeats the purpose for me if I have to keep reaching up to straighten it out.

I will be contacting Jawbone to see if they have other options. If not, this one is probably going back, unfortunately.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    OK, well after sleeping on it, I decided to try one more thing before I returned yet another BT headset. I found that I was able to bend the earpiece in order to get it to mold to my ear. I have now found that it actually stays put (so far). The main body of the earpiece is made of metal that (with enough pressure) can be molded. That being said, it is a lot more difficult to get the unit over my ear. But, once it's there, it stays put. I will also say that this is a pretty lightweight unit. When it is properly fitted to your ear, you hardly know it's there.

faisal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242DF783
    I have had this headset for 3 days. I really like it alot. Very comfortable...one issue; i wish the volume in my ear could be louder.

Also i have found the fit to be well, however it could use a tad bit improvment to make sure it stays in place...i do not want to give the impression to others that this get real loose. It does not but just0 slightly need to readjust to insure its snug..not a big deal. I have the 8703e. Pairs very well. Great noise cancelling..thats why i got this. Im in airports all the time and it supressed background noise very well!!! Better than plantronics 510...
    For me it is definatley worth it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast