Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by gloomywood I don't understand all these comments about "its not a Bold" ... Smartphone Reviews forum

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gloomywood View Post
    I don't understand all these comments about "its not a Bold"
    The explanation is simple really, the Curve/Bold 9700 is the same size as my 8900 Curve. 109mm x 60mm exactly.

There is nothing Bold about it, but the Bold name slapped on the back. Everything is small like the 8900.

Last year when RIM released the Real Bold 9000 they touted the large display and keyboard as two of it's best features, and I agree. Then this year when rumors circulated about a new upgraded Bold it was only natural to expect that same form factor. So RIM conned us with a bait and switch technique.

After all, if Toyota said they are coming out with a new Camry and it was the size of a Corolla the customers would be in an uproar.

That's the difference between the mainstream, and some BlackBerry users that will take anything RIM tells them to take and pay the price.

Slap the Bold name on it, give it 3G and they will buy it. Simply amazing.
    Last edited by mobile99; 12-06-2009 at 08:43 PM.

fujitsubo no está en línea Stack level 1
    On the first day, i was trying to change the stock 2GB to a 4GB. I did what the instruction said but I thought I had broke it. It became very very loose. I was cursing it and thinking why would a the manufacturer put it in so god darn tight. This was 30 minutes since the phone has been in my possession. AAARRGh. It is relatively loose now but still clicks into place, which i assume is ok. For now I won't touch it, it reads fine and that's all it matters.

fuji

Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    Yes it's certainly a challenge to remove it. I made a "tab" out of a very small strip of duct tape.

First I used an Exacto knife to cut it to the width of the card, and approx 25mm long.

Then I folded one end back against itself to cover the adhesive and create a "tab" to pull on.

I applied it to the card with tweezers smoothing it down for good contact.

Using the tweezers, pulling on the tab, the card came out very easily.

Hope this helps you.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    As long as it clicks in, it guarantees a good contact.
    Mine is easy, now, to replace. No problems here !

Cmac no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, I have to say I think the Bold 9700 is a great device. I do miss the large screen of the 9000, but I've gotten used to the smaller screen. I'm a big buy, with large hands and thought the keyboard would be an issue, I've gotten used to that also. If anyone out there has any doubt about this device, they shouldn't. As you can tell from previous posters and myself, you won't be disappointed.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
    Well, I have to say I think the Bold 9700 is a great device. I do miss the large screen of the 9000, but I've gotten used to the smaller screen. I'm a big buy, with large hands and thought the keyboard would be an issue, I've gotten used to that also. If anyone out there has any doubt about this device, they shouldn't. As you can tell from previous posters and myself, you won't be disappointed.
    Well, another satisfied stacker ! It's looking good for the 9700.
    Enjoy it buddy !

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    I am currently using the 3rd 9700 Ive had since November 21st-ish. Two weeks ago, my WiFi radio ceased to function. No matter what I try, it just wont stay connected to any network. It used to go about 5-10 minutes, and then lose the connection, but now nothing. I have tried every setting in the book, and even called ATT support from an ATT WiFi hotspot using my wife's phone for troubleshooting and it still wont work. Additionally, the battery door is so loose, that when I remove the phone from the OEM holster, the battery door stays behind in the holster. So, I called ATT for a warranty swap, and when #4 arrived, I didnt even get it powered on before I noticed that the zero button didnt press. Every other button pressed, and even clicked to a degree, but zero was flat. No amount of pressure got it to press.

#5 should be here tomorrow...

I'm honestly sick of this phone. I used to be excited in anticipation of a warranty swap arriving, but I really dont even want to go through the process; I want out of this phone. Having come from a 9000, I really miss the screen and keyboard real estate. I dont care that the 9700 has a 3.2 vs a 2.0 mp camera, and it does nothing better than the 9000. For my use, battery life is a wash because I charge it nightly anyway. Even the speakers on the 9000 were better than the 9700. This should have been called the Bold/2 not the Bold 2.
    I'm a born again Androider

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, what an incredible string of bad luck. Don't blame you for getting discouraged. Sincerely hope that your 5th time is the charm!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez jarowitz, did a black cat cross your path, or maybe you walked under a ladder...! Wow, bad, bad luck Bud !
    My 9700 from the start has been great ! No problems !
    But with your experience I would have ditched it long ago for something else !
    Good luck anyway! Hoping for the best !

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My 9700=the best Berry Ive owned, bar none
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    My 9700=the best Berry Ive owned, bar none
    Hear, Hear !

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    so this latest device (#5) seems to be absolutely spot on. works exactly as designed, and i have no issues with it. siderails are secure, all buttons work (and none currently squeak). no white screens, wifi works, battery door fits snugly.

all of my 9700s have been from mexico 4, as is this one... too much variability in the builds, but im glad i have a good one now.

as to the comment about ditching it long ago, if i had known in november that nexus one was to be launched in jan, believe you me, i would be a tmobile customer now and never ever have looked at getting this device.
    I'm a born again Androider

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Glad to here it, JZ!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Glad you stuck it out! I Hope this one Will give reason to why you chose it in the first place...

mschoonie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    Wow sounds like att gave you a real run around on this one. I had a similar problem with an LG phone i had through them about a year ago and i ended up going through six of them and two samsung phones before i decided to go back to a blackberry. Hope this one gives you some better results.

mobi900 no está en línea Stack Professional
    i had just the same problem but after 10-20 times inserting and removing the card its better now.
    first i thought it had a problem but then ok..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast