Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I got mine today! OMG!!!! This phone is the shiznit!!!!!!!... Smartphone Reviews forum

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

I got mine today! OMG!!!! This phone is the shiznit!!!!!!!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    I got mine today! OMG!!!! This phone is the shiznit!!!!!!!
    Congrats buddy ! Enjoy, enjoy ! I´m still ecstatic of the BB. Never ceases to surprise me ! Just today I realized how fast the damn thing is (3G)... I´ve forgotten what the hour glass looks like...

fujitsubo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Just to add to this feed, my 9700, absolutely love it. No problems, tested everything, GPS, no crooked trackpad, good Very good battery life, No technical or software issues whatsoever. Only beef is keyboard is small, really small. For those of u who have avg hands, this is too small for u. U need the bold or maybe the 8520. I have small hands cuz i'm asian AND I find it hard to navigate on the keys but otherwise it's all good. I'm lucky i don't have some of the probs people have.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...don´t look back ! It´s really good !

fujitsubo no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

I agree, it's much too small to use 2 thumbs to type fast, i tend to type way slower, the way a person would type with 2 fingers on a computer, just being careful not to depress a wrong key, which slows me down. My 2 cents.

[QUOTE=mobile99;1222849]Thanks for the kind words.

The 9700 keyboard most specifically, is just too cramped. If I only did an email or two per day I could live with it, but I find the 9700 too cramped for daily usage.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi fujitsubo,
    At first, yes the kb felt cramped. I manage quite well now ! No real difference in normal usage to the 9000.The fact that the kb stills feels stiff attests well to the build quality of the 9700.
    Good luck with your phone.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fujitsubo View Post
    Only beef is keyboard is small, really small. For those of u who have avg hands, this is too small for u. U need the bold
    I concur, the keyboard is quite small. I was using an 8310 with no problems but it had larger separated keys that made it a great keyboard.

Disappointed but determined to see if the 9700 would work for me, I bought one. It's the only way really, as the " in-store " demo experience is just not enough. This is one great BlackBerry but it's no Bold by any stretch of the imagination.

If it had the old style 83xx keyboard it would be fantastic. I believe for styling and product recognition, they put the Bold 9000 keyboard in the microwave and shrunk it....ha..ha... the result is a terrible compromise. As much as I like my BlackBerrys I dumped this one.

Back with my Trusty Real Bold 9000 as a secondary device now... if only RIM would not have lied to us and said there was a new Bold coming.

Oh well, my Droid is an amazing device and I'm kind of glad that RIM referred me to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Sounds like RIM missed again with this new device. If I hear people talking about get 2, 3 or even 4 device in days or weeks makes me want to stay with what I have.
    I liked the new Curve 9700 for what it was (except the keyboard size).

I'm sure that RIM will sort out their quality control issues at some point.

As long as one has time to wait you're set. RIM makes good devices.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    I liked the new Curve 9700 for what it was (except the keyboard size).

I'm sure that RIM will sort out their quality control issues at some point.

As long as one has time to wait you're set. RIM makes good devices.
    All devices I´ve tried from RIM (and they have been more than a few) are top notch and they all wear well... I´ve also had the opportunity of owning other makes (Nokia, HTC, ASUS, Toshiba, the old QTEK, amongst others) and the experience after a few weeks is atrocious in the wear department !
    I speak for myself obviously, but RIM has always produced good model phones.
    The 9700 will not be an exception !

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    All devices I´ve tried from RIM (and they have been more than a few) are top notch and they all wear well... I´ve also had the opportunity of owning other makes (Nokia, HTC, ASUS, Toshiba, the old QTEK, amongst others) and the experience after a few weeks is atrocious in the wear department !
    I speak for myself obviously, but RIM has always produced good model phones.
    The 9700 will not be an exception !
    I believe the point of my post was misread.

I've owned over 18 new BlackBerrys in the last five years. Until last year each and every one was excellent.

However that all changed when beginning with the Bold 9000, I ended up having to exchange it three times. Also for the first time I noticed that we (the users) were silently enlisted as the beta testers for RIMS unfinished OS's.

To this day, there are special threads here that did not exist in the days when one could buy a finished BlackBerry. One that was ready to use right out of the box with no OS issues.

The 9700 is no exception. I have read posts where the very first thing users do is to upgrade the OS. Not a big deal for us, but a huge deal for the public.

Thus while I was a huge RIM supporter (using their device as my primary smartphone) I am not married to any brand. I buy what works, and is built well.

In that same period of time I have owned an equal number from Palm, Nokia, Samsung, SE, Apple, O2 and others, as I like to test and use more than one phone at any given time. I have maintained a minimum of three activated lines to use with these unlocked phones and found that many have been quite good.

I've never had your experience of a two week lifespan before any phone has become in your words "atrocious". However we all treat our phones differently.

That said, I am not being critical of RIM but simply reporting my experience. Last time I checked this was a forum of public opinion and to share experiences. That's all I'm posting.

You will note that my closing comment was positive. RIM continues to build good phones, just not excellent ones.

You will also note my vote of confidence that at some point in time they will fix the issues with the 9700.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I do not take issue with your opinion or in any way want to disagree with your personal experiences.I meant that after trying out many WM, Palm, Symbian etc my choice falls towards the OS of RIM in any form. Especially when I have to always take my work seriouly
    Regarding the hardware this is also a subjective opinion. Here, also, RIM offers in my opinion, a good quality overall product.
    I'm sorry you were lead to misundertand my statements.
    Cheers bud !

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Just forget it delfim... It's a lost case. What may work for some people may not work for others. By the way the 9700 is not a curve just so people know and get it through their heads. Sure I would've love to call it things like the BBnator or Myphone'sbetterthanyours (kinda long, I know) or even Lightning or simply Device but it's stated clearly on the back of the device and it reads "BOLD" not curve, pearl, or whatever funky stuff you wanna call it.

Now, it's up to you if you wanna call it Nancy for all we care but the phone is bold and it will be until they release the new release for it BOLD III. Till then kiddies just relax and stop blaming the phone for your mesomorph fingers. I mean, seriously if you don't like the device don't even bother. Sure, I gripe about the iphone not having camera flash...Sigh. End of rant
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    just got mine today for FREE and I am setting it up as I am writing! Thanks ATT for the great price!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Some guys have all the luck ! Congrats !

gloomywood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Thumbs up Up and Running and loving it!!

I've had my Bold 9700 for a few days now and I am loving it! I don't understand all these comments about "its not a Bold" - if people want a new identical phone, buy another 9000. I prefer the small size, but haven't quite got the hang of the keyboard yet. The buttons on the 8310 were easier to distinguish, but I'm sure in time this will feel natural. I'm impressed with the speed of the phone on wifi and the screen and camera are impressive for a mobile. So far I haven't found any really big problems. Ok so the GPS doesn't seem to pick up my location so well indoors as my 8310 did, but outside its fine. My early worries about the ringer volume have been put to rest as it is nice and loud. As a free handset, I can't fault it yet. Thanks for the advice guys. I'm glad I got mine.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well done Gloomywood - nice to know.
    Enjoy the BB.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast