Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by delfim What´s up ? Give details and we´ll see if we can ... Smartphone Reviews forum

alcaponr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2163908E

9700 problems

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    What´s up ? Give details and we´ll see if we can help !
    first of all i'm from Greece and the bold 2 will be released here in January. I bought it from an e-shop from UK.
    so i cant find the BB maps in it more over when i go to the bb site and download them there appears a message and says tha my bb is not supported. And the same message appears in all applications from bb official
    i have downloaded the msn messenger and when i login it says my handheld is not supported again.
    when i tried to enter my email address the only option i have is the bb enteprise to activate it but i want to add my hotmail.
    and the bb is not locket toany service i use it with Vodafone.
    to conclude the bb messenger i added a couple of friends using their pin but the request never appeared and vise Vera .

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I got my 9700 from the UK as well, and I am in PortugaL.
    I can hazard a guess from what you say: Vodafone GR must send you the BB Service Books. If these are missing (BIS)nothing really works, except for normal GSM usage. If this is the case phone them up and enquire about the account set up specific to Blackberry (at this point it doesn't matter which BB you are using) - once you have the service books sent to your phone you should be cruising.
    Vodafone GR should also provide you with a new GSM SIM Card, tuned to the model's specs. They did it for me here. Good luck !

alcaponr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2163908E
    thanx men i will try it and will inform you.

paulyman no está en línea Stack level 2

My 2 bits on the 9700

Let me give the two negatives first;
    1) On my 2nd device and going this evening for my 3rd (loose trackpads and creaky frames)
    2) Ear piece volume is barely adequate compared to the 9000 (my opinion)

Now for the good!
    1) Fabulous battery life
    2) Solid OS
    3) Perfect size
    4) Trackpad is great

Enjoy, you'll love it!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You know, looks like it's important the fact where the phone has been put together, as well as where the parts are manufactured.
    I only have to say that the Hungarians did a great job, as my 9700 has no, absolutely none of the problems your phones have. And I've seen at least 2O more (I was a great influence and the buddies I know here all bought the BB) and all of them are good.
    In the Americas, the manufacturers in Mexico, seem to be the problem from what I have heard and read !
    Anyway, congratulations !

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    It has been 4 days since I took my 9700 home from the AT&T store and have yet to have a single issue. One thing I have been looking for is the memory leak and this baby has been stingy....I haven't lost any at all where as with my 9000 I would go from 40mb to 22 in less than 24hrs. So far this is the best phone yet

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...Another feature of the OS 5 we have, that others don't !

gloomywood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me
    Hi Delfim

When you say "the 9700 is equal to the 9000", did you mean it had the same sound problems?

The Bold 9000s that my relatives have are all quiet, even if you hold them up so they're not resting on anything. There is no way I would hear a phone ring at the volume of the 9000.
    The sound from ring tones and music files is atrocious on all the Bold 9000s I've seen.

It's not the call volume that is an issue, it is hearing the phone ring or mail notifications that seem very bad.

This is THE major issue I need to find an answer to before I commit to a new phone and unlike the USA, the shops here won't let us try them without commiting to the contract.

Can anyone let me know how they compare please.

G

"gloomywood, Hi Buddy.

From my experience with the Bold 1 (I had sound problems on an early model) the 9700 is equal to it. The only problem is with the little speaker at the back which gets a bit muffled if you rest the phone on a soft cloth surface. The sound is, otherwise, fine and clear."

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi
    Sorry I got you muddled up bud ! I´ll be clear now !

Ringtones are clear and loud.
    Conversations at 50% volume level are clear. In noisy surroundings 75% is sufficient.
    The outside speaker is very clear as well, volume control also !
    The fact that the speaker is at the back, as opposed to the 9000 (on the sides), and if you lie it down on soft material, the sound is slightly muffled, but really, no big deal.

Let me add - the profile settings (OS 5.0) give you multiple choices and you´ll find it easy to edit all of them (Volume, sounds, vibrations, sound and vibe (simultaneous if you wish) etc. Lot´s of options.

I hope this helps, this time...

PIN/ID
    PM me
    Hi Delfim

Thanks for the reply. Good news that the ringer is better.
    I have an 8310 and sounds played on mine are far louder than on the 9000s I've tried here.
    The 9000 my aunt has is so awful she misses every call...

I've just been told my carrier is not going to be supporting the 9700 - so it's change carrier or opt for the 8900 or 9500. But I fancied the touch pad - which we can only get here on the 9700 or the baby BB8520.

Hmm choices choices eh!

I doubt the stores here have even heard of the 9520!!

Cheers

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Tell you what buddy, the 8900 is a great phone. It hasn´t got 3G, a minor factor. Everything else is there ...!
    The Storm will take a bit of getting used to ! It´s not as easy as the traditional BB´s.
    Good luck anyway!!

PIN/ID
    PM me
    Hi Delfim and All

Just to let you know I have today been and switched networks and walked away with a Bold 9700.
    The sound in terms of ringers and notifications is much better than expected so thanks for all your help.

It is currently charging so I haven't been able to play much yet!

I did get to try out a 9520, but decided I didn't like the idea of typing 200 emails a day on the touchscreen.

Cheers

PIN/ID
    Nope!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gloomywood View Post
    Hi Delfim and All

Just to let you know I have today been and switched networks and walked away with a Bold 9700.
    The sound in terms of ringers and notifications is much better than expected so thanks for all your help.

It is currently charging so I haven't been able to play much yet!

I did get to try out a 9520, but decided I didn't like the idea of typing 200 emails a day on the touchscreen.

Cheers
    Congrats Buddy, the 9700 is KING! You´ll be discovering new things for quite a while !
    ....200 mails a day (pheew !) on any touch phone, I consider a no-no.
    Enjoy ! ... and stay in touch !
    Feel free to PIN me anytime or add me to your BB Messenger !

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sounds like RIM missed again with this new device. If I hear people talking about get 2, 3 or even 4 device in days or weeks makes me want to stay with what I have. Also sounds like the Bold is a better unit with the bigger display and keyboard. Why do they think poeple want a device they could wear on their finger like a ring. Make them big enough for use to type on without hitting the wrong key all the time and a screen we can see without needing to make the font size bigger.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Sounds like RIM missed again with this new device. If I hear people talking about get 2, 3 or even 4 device in days or weeks makes me want to stay with what I have. Also sounds like the Bold is a better unit with the bigger display and keyboard. Why do they think poeple want a device they could wear on their finger like a ring. Make them big enough for use to type on without hitting the wrong key all the time and a screen we can see without needing to make the font size bigger.
    I hear you buddy, but the 9700 will come to stand out on its own. It's a good BB - the screen, as I have said, is the first deception, but after using the phone extensively it's just as comfortable as the 9000. The illusion the original Bold creates (screen and top piece) in one continuous unbroken surface is misleading also ...screen size, the real hoopla, is almost the same.
    The keyboard is smaller definitely, but I adjusted to it perfectly.
    Regards.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast