Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

One thing that I haven't seen anyone comment on about this device yet is the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Advertisement

One thing that I haven't seen anyone comment on about this device yet is the SD card slot. When iteration #1 showed up last week, I tried to remove the card that shipped and replace it with the card that was in my Bold. I had the darnedest time getting the included card out of the 9700. I actually ended up using a set of rubber coated needle nose pliers to remove it. (Yes, I did push it in to release the lock mechanism first...but it was still unruly.). When I swapped cards with devices 2 and 3, I didn't have as tough a time, but it was certainly not easy. Without fingernails and with large fingers, it tested my patience.

Anyone else have trouble?

Also, considering the location of the card, its not very friendly as a hot swappable item. I used to swap my card out of my Bold to transfer media but now I have to remove the cover and battery (for the removal angle) to get the card not. Not a great design in that aspect.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    One thing that I haven't seen anyone comment on about this device yet is the SD card slot. When iteration #1 showed up last week, I tried to remove the card that shipped and replace it with the card that was in my Bold. I had the darnedest time getting the included card out of the 9700. I actually ended up using a set of rubber coated needle nose pliers to remove it. (Yes, I did push it in to release the lock mechanism first...but it was still unruly.). When I swapped cards with devices 2 and 3, I didn't have as tough a time, but it was certainly not easy. Without fingernails and with large fingers, it tested my patience.

Also, considering the location of the card, its not very friendly as a hot swappable item. I used to swap my card out of my Bold to transfer media but now I have to remove the cover and battery (for the removal angle) to get the card not. Not a great design in that aspect.
    Yes it's certainly a challenge to remove it. I made a "tab" out of a very small strip of duct tape.

First I used an Exacto knife to cut it to the width of the card, and approx 25mm long.

Then I folded one end back against itself to cover the adhesive and create a "tab" to pull on.

I applied it to the card with tweezers smoothing it down for good contact.

Using the tweezers, pulling on the tab, the card came out very easily.

Hope this helps you.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    GRRRRR.....I have this problem on the 8120 everytime I have to remove the SIM card. I have to use tweezers to get the SIM card out of it. Looks like I'll have the same problem again :cry:

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I love my bell bold 9700....works like a charm!
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post

Besides being defrauded on the screen (we expected better) the sd card slot is a real bummer - wonder who designed it ?
    I just went ballistic and stuck a 16Gb into it hoping I don't have to take it out again...

alcaponr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2163908E
    i had just the same problem but after 10-20 times inserting and removing the card its better now.
    first i thought it had a problem but then ok..

alcaponr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2163908E
    hello guys i have bought my new bb 9700 about a week now and its my first bb but a have lots of problems with the programs applications gps messengers etc.. can anyone help me?

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    GRRRRR.....I have this problem on the 8120 everytime I have to remove the SIM card. I have to use tweezers to get the SIM card out of it. Looks like I'll have the same problem again :cry:
    The way the SD card slot is located and used can't be compared to a SIM card slot at all. I had problems getting it out the first time and used my tweezers to get it out. It seems to be okay now. I think it just needs to loosen up a bit and probably the 2 GB card was inserted by an overpowered machine.

Battery life on the 9700 is awesome. I am beta testing apps, bbm all day long, texting all day, had an hour long call and multiple other calls, listened to music, Shopped on the internet, running BT and WIFI, BW updating every 30 minutes. It's been off the charger for about 14 hours now and I still have 45% battery. I never could have done that with my Bold 1. I could go a half day maybe

My biggest complaint with the 9000 was it's size and how Masculine it looked. It felt bulky in my hands and it was hard for me to type on the keyboard with just one hand. I love the new smaller size. It fits perfectly in my hand. The weight feels the same as the 9000.

The trackpad is sensitive and runs smoothly. It reminds me of the touchpad on a laptop that everyone turns off but being in the middle of the phone, it works ideally. I won't miss having to clean my trackball anymore.

The Screen seems to be an issue to everyone but even though it is smaller on the sides, the resolution makes up for it. I've shown my phone to my friends and compared the resolution to their phones and they can't even compare to this. The colors are bright and vivid.

I was the first person at the door Monday when TMO launched it. I switched service for this phone. I was in the store the week before and scoping it out. The guy at the store knew what I was there for and had it in his hands.

I love my new phone. Call it the perfect Curve, the new Bold, the 9700 or whatever you like. It's mine and I ain't giving it back.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    The way the SD card slot is located and used can't be compared to a SIM card slot at all. I had problems getting it out the first time and used my tweezers to get it out. It seems to be okay now. I think it just needs to loosen up a bit and probably the 2 GB card was inserted by an overpowered machine.

Battery life on the 9700 is awesome. I am beta testing apps, bbm all day long, texting all day, had an hour long call and multiple other calls, listened to music, Shopped on the internet, running BT and WIFI, BW updating every 30 minutes. It's been off the charger for about 14 hours now and I still have 45% battery. I never could have done that with my Bold 1. I could go a half day maybe

My biggest complaint with the 9000 was it's size and how Masculine it looked. It felt bulky in my hands and it was hard for me to type on the keyboard with just one hand. I love the new smaller size. It fits perfectly in my hand. The weight feels the same as the 9000.

The trackpad is sensitive and runs smoothly. It reminds me of the touchpad on a laptop that everyone turns off but being in the middle of the phone, it works ideally. I won't miss having to clean my trackball anymore.

The Screen seems to be an issue to everyone but even though it is smaller on the sides, the resolution makes up for it. I've shown my phone to my friends and compared the resolution to their phones and they can't even compare to this. The colors are bright and vivid.

I was the first person at the door Monday when TMO launched it. I switched service for this phone. I was in the store the week before and scoping it out. The guy at the store knew what I was there for and had it in his hands.

I love my new phone. Call it the perfect Curve, the new Bold, the 9700 or whatever you like. It's mine and I ain't giving it back.

Amen!!!...Hey Morgase, guess what?

I need the username/pw for my 9700 to run berrrybuzz and popupberry lol. J/k but not really :cry:
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post

I know the slots are different. I was just referring to your process of removing the media card as being the same as what I have to do now for the SIM card.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-26-2009 at 10:52 AM.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have the BOLD, the 8900 and the 9700 and there are lots of differences but the biggest one is:

When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I know the slots are different. I was just referring to your process of removing the card as being the same as what I have to do now for the media card.

I don't believe it is same at all. The card slides in at an angle and pops into place. You push it in to make it release. They moved it from the outer edge of the 9000 body to underneath the battery cover but not under the battery. No more metal tabs to lock into place.

~Morgase~

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Amen!!!...Hey Morgase, guess what?

I need the username/pw for my 9700 to run berrrybuzz and popupberry lol. J/k but not really :cry:

You would Raton Did bassman send you my PIN? Reminds me.. I need new ones for Berrysilent.

~Morgase~

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Morgase, thanks for the input. The 9700 is really a good BB ! And the speeds of 3G are great to have around ...
    Yesterday I picked up the Bold 1, a week after receiving the 9700. Went to work with it and did what I usually do day in day out. I must say it was great, again, but as soon as I got home I switched to the 9700 straight away. It's too good!

PIN/ID
    Nope!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by alcaponr View Post
    hello guys i have bought my new bb 9700 about a week now and its my first bb but a have lots of problems with the programs applications gps messengers etc.. can anyone help me?
    What´s up ? Give details and we´ll see if we can help !

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast