Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by hybrid1976 Coming from the 8900, it was a smooth transition. Had to ... Smartphone Reviews forum

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1976 View Post
    Coming from the 8900, it was a smooth transition. Had to just get use to the keyboard and learn the new OS(chose not to download 5.0 on the 8900).
    What about the keyboard did you need to become accustomed to?

Thanks

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    gloomywood, Hi Buddy.

From my experience with the Bold 1 (I had sound problems on an early model) the 9700 is equal to it. The only problem is with the little speaker at the back which gets a bit muffled if you rest the phone on a soft cloth surface. The sound is, otherwise, fine and clear.
    The OS 5.0 also has a drop down menu from the options list which allows you to activate and adjust for your hearing aid, if that is the case... I hope yours is contemplated.
    Regarding keyboard - it´s comfortably the right size (my opinion, since I always favoured the 8900 keyboard over the Bold 1), ergonomic and compared to the 8310 it´s more solid, no noises. Easy to adapt to.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Delfim; 11-22-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Corrections and added text

DCorrea702 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I juuuuuuuuuust got home with my new bold and juuuuuust restored my info...
    loving every little thing about it so far...

its a great phone.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    9520? o.O
    Nope, I ment 9520. You see 9520 is full GSM. So if I were to unlock it to use on Tmo and don't have to worry abut the issues having a CDMA is the priority, over GSM; 9520 will be the best move rather than the 9550. For example: I am using the 9530. If i update to any 5.0 OS that is .191 and larger; everything else work "email, web, text etc." but when it comes to making calls; "No circuit/Channel error"
    Last edited by planneau; 11-22-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    I thought there was a difference in the camera between the 9000 and 9700 - the 9000 has a 2.0 Mp camera and the 9700 a 3.2, is this correct? How about the processor speed? Can anyone tell us if the processor in the 9700 is the same or faster than in the 9000?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by tessitori View Post
    I thought there was a difference in the camera between the 9000 and 9700 - the 9000 has a 2.0 Mp camera and the 9700 a 3.2, is this correct? How about the processor speed? Can anyone tell us if the processor in the 9700 is the same or faster than in the 9000?
    The camera is 3.2 ! It has image stabilizer as well.
    The speed of the processor is definitely faster than the original Bold - in my opinion it has to do more with the OS 5.0 and the inboard memory available (256Mb)than with the processor capacity ! I say this because accessing folders on the media card is faster...

Now that I've had my 9700 for a short while, I'm pleased to report it's working well as the secondary device I hoped it would be.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, could it become the 1st ? Happy days with it mobile99 !

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Well, could it become the 1st ? Happy days with it mobile99 !
    Thanks for the kind words.

The only reason I was forced to relegate it to a secondary device (after my iPhone3Gs, & Droid) is the size.

I've enjoyed many BB's over the years as my primary, much loved smartphone, most recently a BOLD 9000 for the last year.

Now, I'm extremely disappointed that RIM has chosen to take away our large display and keyboard. The very "features they bragged about last year".

The 9700 keyboard most specifically, is just too cramped. If I only did an email or two per day I could live with it, but I find the 9700 too cramped for daily usage.

Since my existing Bold 9000 is well worn from much use, I cannot justify buying another of the same, and having to disassemble the unit to clean the trackball every six months as I have in the past.

If only RIM would have done what they said and given us a new updated 9000 size Bold and the splendid new trackpad I would have remained a very happy BB user.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    The camera is 3.2 ! It has image stabilizer as well.
    The speed of the processor is definitely faster than the original Bold - in my opinion it has to do more with the OS 5.0 and the inboard memory available (256Mb)than with the processor capacity ! I say this because accessing folders on the media card is faster...
    9700 has the same processor as the bold.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    Does anyone know how to delete games or applications that came with it its not letting me do it on the phone or on dm via mac.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    Does anyone know how to delete games or applications that came with it its not letting me do it on the phone or on dm via mac.
    . Depending on the game/app you may just be able to press the bb key when hovering and select delete... Att pushes thru some game service books that result in icons that are really just links. Those can be hidden without further issue. Otherwise, just use dm on a pc and you can delete 'em.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    like for example brian challenge it lets me delete after i download the trial then i can delete and it goes away but the link is still there so i can hide those no issues?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    like for example brian challenge it lets me delete after i download the trial then i can delete and it goes away but the link is still there so i can hide those no issues?
    Those are just shortcut icons. Can be hidden and no problem. Just like the other att icons (media mall, etc.)

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    ohh ok well i guess i can hide those thanks for your help i am trying to work on my own review but you guys got it dead on great great phone.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast