i read my email today and i found that this dude said that the storm ... Smartphone Reviews forum

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb BlackBerry Storm "by far the worst product RIM ever produced"

Advertisement

i read my email today and i found that this dude said that the storm sucked and most buyers regret that they bought it.

"Harsh words from Mr. Pogue-O-Matic himself at the New York Times. A letter from tech god David Pogue appeared yesterday that spelled out not why he had problems with the Storm’s concept, clicky touch screen, speed, and bugs (which the company refused to acknowledge, he says). That’s in his review.
    Instead, it detailed the anger of the roughly 100 readers who wrote to say that they had bought the Storm and now regretted it.
    Ouch."

the website>>

http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=601&tag=nl.e550

my opinion, i don't really know that this is true, but i am kind of shocked to hear about this. i expected that the Storm would be a new generation of BlackBerry's smartphone's maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right.

What do you think?

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    your right its a new device for a newer user, meant to draw folkd fromt he i phone over to blackberry, intention marketing for a specific user. Storms allright but my fingers are thick and curve just works better for me

kk thanks cause im still deciding to buy it and i got time to think about it b/c im with att just waiting

dsw274 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    its not a mistake but i did think i would be happier with it. it can do more then the curve and pearl tho, its next gen. but i think your right they really *^*( came across a master piece when they added the trackball to the blackberry, this is a whole new take on the phone.
    all in all, i am disappointed with the design of the phone. but there is a bread of people out their and this is there fist blackberry and those are the people that are the happiest because they are unaware of the simplicity and perfections of past models.

bottom line

its lacking a trackball (i dont care if its touch screen we need that trackball)

and if they wanted to go nuts and actually make everyone happy ,
    a fold out keyboard would make it perfect.

but fine if they wont put a trackball on it, put the old click wheel on the side.
    the touch screen is good for quick moves with your finders but for fine and defined selecting and pointing the touch screen is worthless

i am not upset i bought it but i might change my mind when i drop it and it brakes the first time...

DANIEL WIDMAN

9530 owner
    Last edited by dsw274; 12-11-2008 at 05:19 PM.

yea i would miss my pearl's disco ball, i guess only way for me to like it if i had it in my own hands. cuz every1 has ther like and dislikes thanks

jjnoahjames no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think this problem goes for all touch screens.I love next gen technology but I tried to type w Iphone and could not even type hi. I gave up after about 5 tries.

I agree with comment above-alot oftouch screens are accompinied with an additional keyboard.That would have put the storm above the iphone but due to the popularity of the iphone many companies have been mislead into thinking touch screens are the future and they are still very limited. RIM knew this that's why they made the storm click but that doesn't replace the trackball.

I also agree with the trackball idea! Why lose your signature!? Think about how cool the storm would have been w/ a trackball on the middle bottom of the screen or if it slid out like a slide out keyboard.

duilsko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25675D70
    My girlfriend works for a big phone retailer, she told me the storm is selling fast but most are being returned.
    What were rim thinking, I would expect more from them.
    Its a fantastic concept, well done on that. But why release it when its not as close to perfect as you can get it!
    If they had got this one right they would have conqured Europe, the sales are fantastic everyone wants one, only problem is they are returning them after a day or two.
    The damage this is doing is destroying the Blackberry image, which is such a shame.
    I upgraded from a Pearl to a Bold today, and now reckon, if RIM have any sense they will fire whoever was responsible for the storm and give the job to the people who created this fantastic phone!
    In total contrast to all the poor people who bought a Storm, I am very happy :-)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by duilsko View Post
    My girlfriend works for a big phone retailer, she told me the storm is selling fast but most are being returned.
    What were rim thinking, I would expect more from them.
    Its a fantastic concept, well done on that. But why release it when its not as close to perfect as you can get it!
    If they had got this one right they would have conqured Europe, the sales are fantastic everyone wants one, only problem is they are returning them after a day or two.
    The damage this is doing is destroying the Blackberry image, which is such a shame.
    I upgraded from a Pearl to a Bold today, and now reckon, if RIM have any sense they will fire whoever was responsible for the storm and give the job to the people who created this fantastic phone!
    In total contrast to all the poor people who bought a Storm, I am very happy :-)
    Just to make it in time for the holiday

servantman no está en línea Stack level 1

servantman no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am a long time Blackberry user and I am enjoying my Storm. It does take some getting used to but the more you get to know it the more you like it. Any new concept has a learning curve. As for the trackball, that would have been a sweet addition.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    There isn't a single thing in the NY Times worth quoting. When is that rag going to go under?

duilsko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25675D70
    From what I am hearing its the newbies who are having the problems not the people who have experience with a blackberry.
    When I got my first pearl it took a long time to get used to the keyboard, it was really annoying for the first week or so but I got used to it, I have a feeling most new bb users making the transition from a regular mobile phone keyboard had similar problems.
    - have to wonder how much more difficult this is for first time bb users who have started out with a storm, from what I am hearing this is the number one issue people are having.

thats funny cause when i got my pearl i got used to it in a day so i thought others would too.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    There isn't a single thing in the NY Times worth quoting.
    I could not agree more!

To make matters worse, it's got the "name" New York Times" that convinces so many of those who are less aware, that it's the authority on many topics. Further fueling the fire in the case of this Anti_Storm article, is the author. Again to the uninitiated, and otherwise unaware, the name David Pogue means nothing to them, other than they have read his articles. When I have brought up the facts about this man here in this very forum, I've been attacked by the Apple Zealots. For you see, David Pogue is an Apple Evangelist of the highest order. He's Steve Job's personal journalist, that works "outside" of Apple and is given special consideration (read into that whatever come$ to mind) for writing glowing reports of any and every product that Apple places in his hands.

Industry insiders know him as the man who gets special treatment from Apple. In fact the only journalist that does. When the iPhone was being prepped for release and introduction at MacWorld SF, a certain Steve Jobs insured that the "only" person to actually see the phone and try it out was Mr Pogue who was sequestered in a room in the convention hall, just a few hours prior to the Keynote. Given an iPhone to evaluated, he did what he does best, he wrote an article of high praise, made his contact with the S.F. Chronicle Newspaper and by that evening the report was published in both the NY Times and the SF Chronicle. The article created mass hysteria for the iPhone, as the man is very good at what he does.

Fast forward to his"review of the Storm", one in which he trashes it simply because of one reason - it's a direct competitor to the iPhone. And of course he's not about to admit that. Thus he used every bit of his expertise to spew vitriolic hatred at the Storm. Spreading lies about how many people claimed the could not make a phone call with it because of it's complexity, the article went on and on. Frankly it was one of the most twisted articles I've ever read.

Enough said about the author and the article, the bottom line is unfortunately the national press got a hold of that and it set a tone of suspicion, a cloud over the Storm, which was further exacerbated by the poor job RIM & Verizon did on the initial OS that it came with. The rest as they say is history for those of you who are well informed and know just what happened. For those of you that were not following it, suffice to say that it's best to leave it alone and ignore it.

Finally from my perspective as a very enthusiastic BlackBerry advocate, I'm simply disappointed that RIM and Verizon did indeed make such a mess of the launch. Had that not happened. Had RIM done their very best work on a good stable OS, we in the BlackBerry community could have said "I told you so" to the naysayers. RIM & Verizon could have delivered a home run product that worked as advertised without the very damaging problems that cropped up immediately with the newly launched BlackBerry Storm.

If there ever was a time for RIM to get it right it was then. To have them fall on their face was an embarrassment that was completely preventable.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Absolutely agree with everything put forth by Arch.