Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This review is for anyone considering purchasing a smartphone. I blew it off for years ... Smartphone Reviews forum

The Juice no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Pearl (New user review)

Advertisement

This review is for anyone considering purchasing a smartphone. I blew it off for years because I thought there was no way I could possibly need anything with so many things to do. I figure a phone is just to talk to people.

In this day & age of the internet & other hi tech forms of communication after using so many basic phones that I thought were really cool just because I could download a song that was as a ringtone, the Blackberry puts you above the crowd of basic phone users & their crappy ringtones.

Now, I did very little comparisons before I bought it except comparing the Blackberry to the Sidekick & with the opportunity to get the D-Wade version of the Sidekick, I never though there could be any better.

The features: Playing videos, playing music, surfing the net, checking emails, making personal emails, taking pictures, using GPS, watching traffic conditions, getting directions, finding restaurants, gas stations, getting my news & sports updates, voice dialing, blue tooth, playing games & instant messaging just to name a few of the cool features I use on a regular basis. Now if this isn't enough to make you want one, I don't know what will, besides the fact that the pearl looks sexy as hell.

It's small, compact & cool looking. Something I added to make it look even cooler is making the trackball change colors which definitely makes people who don't & do own one do a double-take.

On a regular basis I shove movies or videos in peoples faces which make them want to grab it.

All the above is everything I learned about the Pearl after I purchased it. I started doing my comparisons afterward. After looking at other versions of the BlackBerrys, the Pearl stood out in the looks department.

For the most there aren't many complaints but after they are so few, I won't complain. If you are like me & are jumping out of the free phone zone, this is a big jump up so why knock it.

I give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Peace!
    Last edited by The Juice; 09-19-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    Hit me on my BlackBerry-Rass Kass

blowupj no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry Pearl (New user review)

I agree to the fullest I have my BB pearl on one of the things you put on you neck & I would have a movie on it & have the trackball on cycle mode. People ask me what kind of phone I have & with a big smile a BB pearl I also love the chrome on the phone. When I be in the sun I love the shine. This is my first BB & not the last I would buy this phone again ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Welcome to Pinstack Juice. Remember "once you go Stack, you don't go back".

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ welcome to the stacks Juice (your not O.J.are you?)I agree with you, I love my Pearl, and my wife loves her Pearl! This is my first BB, and I can't wait to get my next BB! I am hooked on BB's now. Its just an awesome product.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Welcome to the Stacks Juice I'm glad you have decided to join us and become a BB user. BlackBerry's rock and will only continue to get even better in the future

EBaNga

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

Welcome Juice I'm glad your enjoying your blackberry. We are all happy blackbery addicts here

Tonto116 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204b3bce

Welcome to the Stacks Juice. The pearl is the first smartphone I ever owned and I'm hooked. I do everything on this bad boy. Enjoy your pearl. (can't wait for the 8130 to hit the stores!!!) ~via BlackBerry Pearl (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have to agree with you Juice. I got my pearl about 5 weeks ago and can't seem to put it down, the best little device I ever had & then I found this site and now Im totally hooked!! You ever have a problem with your BB you will find an answer here for sure!!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The pearl has changed my life! I had no idea what I was getting when I purchased it, I just thought it looked cool, but now I can't imagine life without it. I was just like you juice "a phone is a phone" now I listen to my friends tell me that exact same thing! I respond if you only knew. Oh well I'm about to use my pearl as a modem with my laptop and surf the net! Ha amazing!

I haven't gotten a holster for it yet because I carry it around & am usuaully playing with it.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by The Juice
    I haven't gotten a holster for it yet because I carry it around & am usuaully playing with it.
    As long as you are not just sticking it in your pocket. If you do you will get lint in the trackball and it will stop functioning. I have had to pull my trackball apart twice to pick the lint out of the rollers. Since i got the holster, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    As long as you are not just sticking it in your pocket. If you do you will get lint in the trackball and it will stop functioning. I have had to pull my trackball apart twice to pick the lint out of the rollers. Since i got the holster, no issues.
    So far I have kept canned air in arms length cuz I am always cleaning it & shiting it up all the time. I have a case that I keep clipped to my belt but I can never seem to get my phone in it. plus it is not for my BB even thouse it fits in it.

At work & at home it is usually sitting on a table, in the car I have a phone slot in my center console.

MKhora no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AAFB7

Quote Originally Posted by The Juice
    This review is for anyone considering purchasing a smartphone. I blew it off for years because I thought there was no way I could possibly need anything with so many things to do. I figure a phone is just to talk to people.

In this day & age of the internet & other hi tech forms of communication after using so many basic phones that I thought were really cool just because I could download a song that was as a ringtone, the Blackberry puts you above the crowd of basic phone users & their crappy ringtones.

Now, I did very little comparisons before I bought it except comparing the Blackberry to the Sidekick & with the opportunity to get the D-Wade version of the Sidekick, I never though there could be any better.

The features: Playing videos, playing music, surfing the net, checking emails, making personal emails, taking pictures, using GPS, watching traffic conditions, getting directions, finding restaurants, gas stations, getting my news & sports updates, voice dialing, blue tooth, playing games & instant messaging just to name a few of the cool features I use on a regular basis. Now if this isn't enough to make you want one, I don't know what will, besides the fact that the pearl looks sexy as hell.

It's small, compact & cool looking. Something I added to make it look even cooler is making the trackball change colors which definitely makes people who don't & do own one do a double-take.

On a regular basis I shove movies or videos in peoples faces which make them want to grab it.

All the above is everything I learned about the Pearl after I purchased it. I started doing my comparisons afterward. After looking at other versions of the BlackBerrys, the Pearl stood out in the looks department.

For the most there aren't many complaints but after they are so few, I won't complain. If you are like me & are jumping out of the free phone zone, this is a big jump up so why knock it.

I give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Peace!
    I agree to a point. I'll give my rating a 10 out of 10.
    The pre-installed ringers are quiet; But I have all the recording sotware I need, so I can make the ringtones louder before I put them on the phone. I am %20 deaf and I think the Pearl is almost as loud as My old Razr. about 5db quieter mayebe around 3db; I had used this phone today, My first day.
    The battery cover is thin; But I've had worse...EX: the Sanyo QCP 3100. I have the "Pristine Zen" theme, and after I configured the icons. I love it! I have 5 E mail addresses on my phone. Now I'll never miss a beat. Thanks to My new Blackberry Pearl.

Michael Khora BKA SIN - Sinista Beatz
    PIN - 241F9360
    AIM/Yahoo Messenger - SinistaMusic
    Google - SinistaBeatz

conejotx no está en línea Stack level 1

What can i do with my bb pearl i just got?

Quote Originally Posted by conejotx
    What can i do with my bb pearl i just got?

I listed a bunch of items above.

I gave it a 8.5 because I wish there was streaming, a way to rotate photos (I hate having to go back & hit next.), programs should close automatically, no video recording just to name a few items. Not a complaint but with that and few other very minor issues, I think it is the best phone I have ever had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast