Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got one of these the other day to replace my aging and no longer ... Smartphone Reviews forum

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Aliph Jawbone bluetooth headset - a review

Advertisement

I got one of these the other day to replace my aging and no longer functional motorola H500. I was debating going with the H700, which is what my boyfriend uses and he's been very happy with it. I was in my cingular store the other day and saw the jawbone so decided to try it out. I'm in love with this thing.

First off, it comes with four different ear hooks and five different ear buds, so a completly customizable fit is ensured. This is the first headset i've ever owned that actually stays on my ear. I have always had a problem with that because i have rather small ears and head (i'm not exactly a big person lol) and the one size fits all headsets never quite fit me. This earpiece however stays in place and is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

The sound quality is also amazing. It has built-in noise filters that ensure that whatever noise i have going on in the car isn't transmitted over the headset, so there's none of that "what did you say?" from the other end. The person on the other end is also amazingly clear and it's relitively loud so that I have no problems hearing them.

Charging is also very easy. The unit comes with a usb adapter as well as a standard plug so you can charge it however you want. It goes from completly dead to fully charged in about two hours, and battery life has been good so far. i'm going on three days use right now with no charging and it's still going strong. Websites say that the battery life is 120 hours standby and 6 hours talk time, and i believe it.

Overall I'm extremly pleased with this unit. It's important that I have a functional headset because I spend a lot of time in the car and we have hands-free laws here, so I must use a headset. I will never go back to the older units that are out there after using this for only a few days.

If you have the opportunity to pick up one of these and are in the market for a new unit, i highly recommend giving it a try. it's a little pricey at $120 in stores, but i'm sure that it can be found cheaper online or on ebay. I have the silver version, however a black and a red version are going to be released at the end of the month from what i hear.

Just thought i would pass along my experiences with this unit as i have not seen any reviews of it yet.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Aliph Jawbone bluetooth headset - a review

thanks for ths great contribution. Good read.

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes it was a excellent review. I am thinking about getting one myself. I have found that www.jawbone.com allows you to order black, red and silver. I will probably be getting one next week. I have read a few reviews on this item and everyone loves it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hypnotic31 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, this is helpful. I've got a Plantronics Voyager 510 right now that I love, but I need to get one for my mother, and she likes the smaller headsets. I might have to give this one a try.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Great review - thnx for the insight!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    I got one of these the other day to replace my aging and no longer functional motorola H500. I was debating going with the H700, which is what my boyfriend uses and he's been very happy with it. I was in my cingular store the other day and saw the jawbone so decided to try it out. I'm in love with this thing.

First off, it comes with four different ear hooks and five different ear buds, so a completly customizable fit is ensured. This is the first headset i've ever owned that actually stays on my ear. I have always had a problem with that because i have rather small ears and head (i'm not exactly a big person lol) and the one size fits all headsets never quite fit me. This earpiece however stays in place and is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
    LOL This is my problem with my Moto H500. It's comfortable but I find myself reaching for it every few minutes to make sure it's still there. I would love to give the following BT headset a go and see how it acts http://direct.motorola.com/ens/H9/H9...A&language=ENS (Motorola's newest BlueTooth Headset, the Mini H9)

An added bonus to the H9 is the charger it comes with. I am always forgetting to charge my H500 until I need it and then I have to do without it or either charge it in a rush (it uses the same charger as my phone LOL). I can see myself not having that problem with the Mini H9.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-31-2007 at 06:02 AM.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had this headset and returned it within a week. It just wasn't comfortable and wouldn't fit right. When I was either in my living room or car people would ask if I was in the bathroom. They said that there was a horrible tinny sound which makes it echo as if you were speaking in a bathroom. After I heard that I found that I had better things to spend my 130$ on.

This is just my opinion of this headset. Is it worth 130$ not at all. 50$ maybe.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Thumbs up Re: Aliph Jawbone bluetooth headset - a review

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had this headset and returned it within a week. It just wasn't comfortable and wouldn't fit right. When I was either in my living room or car people would ask if I was in the bathroom. They said that there was a horrible tinny sound which makes it echo as if you were speaking in a bathroom. After I heard that I found that I had better things to spend my 130$ on.

This is just my opinion of this headset. Is it worth 130$ not at all. 50$ maybe.

Stacy - Are you referring to the Jawbone, or the H9? We tested the Jawbone, and it performed great. One of the best we have been able to find. The Jawbone has a 'Noise Shield' feature built in that can be enabled and disabled. When enabled, this headset is a great buy.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the jawbone. It was horrible, there is another person on this forum that had the same issues as I did. Mind you I had mine in either Jan or Feb.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Here's one of the earlier threads on the Jawbone: http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...l?t-14281.html. I also sent mine back after a week because I could not get a good fit no matter what I tried.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

I also had the Jawbone earpiece and although i loved it, the earpieces just would not fit right. I took it back and got a Motorola H700.

jarrod@oxane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E4FEF0

Mine was cool once i got the noiseshield enabled yet i have small ears and it took awhile for me to get it comfortable in my ear.
    Don't matter at this point, I lost it somewhere oOOO $120 down the drain,,,,
    sigh

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

that H9 seems pretty nice, but does it stay in???? i would be reaching for it every 5 seconds to make sure it's still there lol

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

The Jawbone is extraordinary. I went to radio shack and bought a pack of Jabra replacement ear buds. With a little creative engineering, I was able to remove the little round locking frame frome the Jawbone ear piece and secure it in the Jabra ear gel, that is MUCH more comfortable and locks in the ear. I no longer use the ear loop, it stays in so well. This is a keeper for me....it does what it says.
    Andy

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

I just bought the Motorola H800 and I love it! Sure, the push button to have it slide is kinda fun to play with (hopefully, I won't break it) and it cost the same amount as the Jawbone.

While I've not tried the jawbone, the noise cancelling on the 800 is fantastic!!! I was walking my dog today with all kinds of wind blowing and my fiance said she couldn't hear it at all and that I was coming in clear. Same was said when other friends were talking to me on it!

Sure, the Jawbone is the "in" thing right now, but if you want to spend $130.00, check this one out before you decide either way. The 800 is definitely comfortable!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast