I have an unlocked, unbranded, Blackberry Bold in mint condition that I am looking to ... PinStack Marketplace forum

jtekt no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow WTT: Unlocked BB Bold for AT&T BB Bold

Advertisement

I have an unlocked, unbranded, Blackberry Bold in mint condition that I am looking to trade for an AT&T Branded Blackberry Bold. The phone is in perfect condition, not one scratch or ding, and works perfectly. Call me weird, nerdy, or whatever but I would prefer to have a Bold that has the AT&T logo on the splash screen and browser (etc.).

I do not care if the phone I trade for is locked or unlocked, as long as it is an AT&T Blackberry Bold.

Anyone interested?

will post pics soon

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but why? what gives?

HUMM I SAY

iLord is DEAD!

Like I said before, just a weird personal preference that I would like my phone to be AT&T branded and not some wireless company I have never heard of.

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is wrong with the phone ? I guess there has to be something wrong if you wanna trade 1 bold for another bold.
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    why don't you wipe it and install the at&t OS....???

Quote Originally Posted by Trongod View Post
    What is wrong with the phone ? I guess there has to be something wrong if you wanna trade 1 bold for another bold.

I don't see what is so hard to understand about this? I have a bold that works PERFECTLY FINE. When it boots up, or when I go to Media Net it has the splash screen of another phone company. I would prefer it say AT&T since that is my phone company. Just a small, weird little preference that I would like to have. If this was something I could change myself via installing a new OS or something I would, but I have researched it and found out that is not a possibility.

I saw that people do trades on here and figured maybe someone with an AT&T phone looking to sell, but not wanting to buy an unlock code, would want to trade so they can sell to people other than those with their carrier. Giving them more options. Honestly, it's not that big a deal to me, but I figured it's worth a shot. If someone is worried that the phone is faulty, we can put together whatever kind of contract you are comfortable with to guarantee you are not scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose06 View Post
    why don't you wipe it and install the at&t OS....???

I've been doing some research on this and heard it wasn't possible. That the splash screens and other things are built into the phones from the factory and can't be changed (unlike the themes the phones come with that can be unlocked)

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    ^^^when you wipe a device using Jl cmdr it wipes the whole thing. so if you were to wipe it then install the newest at&t OS that should get you to where you want to be. Wait are you talking about the boot screen?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    What company's splash screen you have?
    And a os reinstall have nothing to do with splash screens that is something deeper
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

When I say splash screen, I am talking about the boot up screen. Mine is currently PCCW mobile, a provider for Hong Kong and Asia Pacific.

I will try your suggestions caboose06. I really don't care about the boot up screen as I rarely see it, I would prefer to have everything else possible (Media Net loading screens, other downloading icons, etc.) to be AT&T specific. If this works I will have no need to trade after all. Thanks for your help guys

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jtekt View Post
    When I say splash screen, I am talking about the boot up screen. Mine is currently PCCW mobile, a provider for Hong Kong and Asia Pacific.

I will try your suggestions caboose06. I really don't care about the boot up screen as I rarely see it, I would prefer to have everything else possible (Media Net loading screens, other downloading icons, etc.) to be AT&T specific. If this works I will have no need to trade after all. Thanks for your help guys
    That won't work, splash screens are not OS related that's why you can put any carrier's OS on any phone just need to be same for wich the OS was designed for
    The debranding or rebranding process is something different than the OS upgrade or downgrade
    Once your phone is branded to a specific carrier the OS won't change that
    Like I said before is something deeper that you have to do

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    That won't work, splash screens are not OS related that's why you can put any carrier's OS on any phone just need to be same for wich the OS was designed for
    The debranding or rebranding process is something different than the OS upgrade or downgrade
    kk, i was confused as to what he was describing. thanks for the clarification.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose06 View Post
    kk, i was confused as to what he was describing. thanks for the clarification.
    No problem
    Back to the point I'm using a bold o tmobile and the att splash screen I have (for 2 or 3 seconds) is the one at boot up, my browser shows the bb logo.
    TMobile Bold OS 5.0.0.90 BETA

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    you are correct. I updated my OS to AT&T's most recent official OS and still didn't change anything. Thanks for the help. If anyone is interested in making a trade, my offer still stands. Once again, the Bold is in PERFECT WORKING CONDITION and there are absolutely no problems with it.

ljacob1026 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do u unbrand a tmobile bold 9700 ? im using att and i want this phone unbranded....ne ideas?