Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Originally Posted by domesticated Ew this sucks. I was ripped off somehow similar, but through ... PinStack Marketplace forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by domesticated View Post
    Ew this sucks. I was ripped off somehow similar, but through Craigslist. Definitely isn't a fun process. Especially losing about $800 :|
    Yep. I've advertised a few things on Craigslist and I get more spam inquiries, about 10 to 1, than real ones. I don't know if it's just that my email is everywhere and a target for spammers or what. I almost can't advertise anywhere without getting a gob of the "Nigerian" jerks inquiring about buy the item and sending it overseas.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

domesticated no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Yep. I've advertised a few things on Craigslist and I get more spam inquiries, about 10 to 1, than real ones. I don't know if it's just that my email is everywhere and a target for spammers or what. I almost can't advertise anywhere without getting a gob of the "Nigerian" jerks inquiring about buy the item and sending it overseas.
    That's exactly what happened to me. Unfortunately, when you're desperate for the money, you'll fall for it . Luckily I finally smartened up and researched it when they requested a $1200 money order, just so I could get my "paypal" money into my account. The email had more errors than if a child had typed it out. Oh well though... like I said at the time, you live and learn...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by domesticated View Post
    That's exactly what happened to me. Unfortunately, when you're desperate for the money, you'll fall for it . Luckily I finally smartened up and researched it when they requested a $1200 money order, just so I could get my "paypal" money into my account. The email had more errors than if a child had typed it out. Oh well though... like I said at the time, you live and learn...
    Right you are, domesticated. I've got four, $750 bogus, (souvenir) money orders in a file in my desk for a ridiculous order of one of my paintings that the buyer wanted sent to S Africa. Although they are bogus, BOTH the post office AND my bank failed to recognize it!
    Live and learn was never truer!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

sydney no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is really common nowadays. Whether selling or buying you have to be aware of scammers everywhere around:/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567