Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish You take it right. I'm still waiting for paypal to tell ... PinStack Marketplace forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: WTS Blackberry Curve 8320 Gold

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    You take it right. I'm still waiting for paypal to tell me that they're sorry but their attempts to resolve the issue have failed but I haven't heard anything from them either. If I knew what agency to contact in Charlotte, NC, I'd do that but I don't know who, at this point, would investigate it.

Thanks,
    John
    I live in Charlotte and am a member of the Mod Team. If I can be of any help, feel free to send me a PM

thetimekeeper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205064C7

So sorry to hear about that, jblackfish. From what I have seen of this community, it is an upstanding one. I have never seen such a friendly, selfless community. If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to BB message me (my pin is in my profile), or send me an email.

Aaron

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by thetimekeeper View Post
    So sorry to hear about that, jblackfish. From what I have seen of this community, it is an upstanding one. I have never seen such a friendly, selfless community. If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to BB message me (my pin is in my profile), or send me an email.

Aaron
    Thanks for the comments, timekeeper. There are a few rotten apples everywhere - it doesn't have to spoil the bunch...and certainly can't overshadow the great support that I've gotten here in Pinstack.

You're rignt about the overall friendly and helpful attitude here at Pinstack. THAT's "selfless" behavior is what infects this group with goodwill, a willingness to help and sharing the BB love. I've really enjoyed being a member and hope to continue wandering the stacks and learning.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I've really enjoyed being a member and hope to continue wandering the stacks and learning.
    and i think i can speak for everyone that we hope you do continue to visit pinstack

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    and i think i can speak for everyone that we hope you do continue to visit pinstack
    Thanks glehman, it'd take someone with a big stick to keep me out of here - a failed buy attempt caused by a little crooked person won't do it.

As I've said before, I'll post some final results after all the dust has settled on this thing. It will probably be a couple of weeks (when I'm pretty sure all the processes are complete) and we can bury this thread and move on to the fun stuff. Later....

This will be the final status report on this transaction (my attempt to buy a 8320) and the status is good. After all the procedures have played out, I am out no money! The bank informed me that PayPal credited the entire amount back to my account and the matter is settled.

I don’t know any details. I asked the bank whether PayPal recovered their money from Tamara or wrote it off – they didn’t have that information. I also don’t know whether tamaraa is out there somewhere floating another “deal” but, if she isn’t, someone else is…so you guys learn a lesson from me and be more careful than I was - go slow in your online person-to-person purchases where ever you are - it’ll pay off in an honest buy in the long run. I still maintain that this site is a great site and full of great folks!

Thanks again to all of you for your support and encouraging words…and thanks to the Pinstack staff for their great support as well. Happy stacking!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm glad everything was straightened out and you got your money back. My question is -- are you still going to get a Curve?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    I'm glad everything was straightened out and you got your money back. My question is -- are you still going to get a Curve?
    Probably will - I'm in no hurry but I want to try wi-fi and, if I come across something, I'll do it.
    Thanks,
    J

Update: Also love suretype but want to try a full keyboard. My thumbs don't get along on the pearl's, so I type with one thumb and fore finger - it's still crowded on the kb that way too.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-20-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

There you go,good job on paypal!
    I'm glad you came out ok J

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TeritaM no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm so glad you got your money back.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    thats so awesome that you finally settled it ! sorry if im posting so late but just noticed and as i had read your first posts back then i always wondered what happened and i just saw your final one lol.
    Pays to be honest huh

Yep. It turned out good and I was very lucky to come out of it with my money. The staff here was great too. i hope no one else has to deal with that on Pinstack. FYI, I've just bought something from a Pinstack user and he couldn't have been nicer or more honest so keep the faith. Most folks are good ones.

Thanks for the reply.

handolo no está en línea Stack level 1
    interesting

Quote Originally Posted by handolo View Post
    interesting
    Yes, it IS interesting and so is your comment.

In a way, it's miraculous considering my luck!

domesticated no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ew this sucks. I was ripped off somehow similar, but through Craigslist. Definitely isn't a fun process. Especially losing about $800 :|

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast