I recently bought an 8300 locked to AT&T. I paid a guy on ebay (who ... PinStack Marketplace forum

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3

WTB: Unlock Code for AT&T 8300

Advertisement

I recently bought an 8300 locked to AT&T. I paid a guy on ebay (who I've used with success before) and his search came up with the message NOT FOUND. I've asked him what my options are but he's yet to respond however I need to get this unlock code ASAP! I need someone who would be able to get me the code. Please pm me for the IMEI and any suggestions would be welcomed.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Here's some hints right here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=60209

You can always look at some third party cell phone providers and see if they unlock phone as well. You are usually looking around $25-40 to get it unlocked.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another hint,
    Call at&t, they will give it to you and it won't cost a thing.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    Another hint,
    Call at&t, they will give it to you and it won't cost a thing.

You must of not clicked on my link.... and they don't just give it to you. You have to state a specific reason such as traveling abroad and need phone unlocked for third party sim card. Most importantly, you gotta know someone with an att account before they'll even give you the time of day.

I have a friend who has at&t and she called and they referred the case to RIM for the code.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    They don't need to do that just have your friend call again and say that the phone is hers. Give the att rep as less information as possible. Only tell them that you need the unlock code for a specified IMEI number for int'l travel and that is it. They should be able to provide that for you without requesting to get information. You must have gotten a rookie that didn't know what they were talking about. Trust me this works I do this at least 3 or 4 times a week.

The customer service rep came back with the same response I had gotten from the unlocking service. At&T can't find the IMEI in their system, checking RIM's system for the code was the best solution the guy said so he opened a case about it. At&t should get back to my friend by tomorrow afternoon, hopefully that works.