Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

hope it all works out for you bonelafide, fingers crossed.... PinStack Marketplace forum

calie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25536C9D

Advertisement

hope it all works out for you bonelafide,
    fingers crossed.

bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7
    Sadly, it seems i wont be getting my money back.

He closed his account... i contacted my bank and they cant give me my money back since i "authorized" the transaction from my bank account into my paypal account, ive also filed complaints with IC3.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That stinks!! Sorry it didn't work out as you hoped.......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's too bad

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bonelafide View Post

He closed his account... i contacted my bank and they cant give me my money back since i "authorized" the transaction from my bank account into my paypal account, ive also filed complaints with IC3.
    Have you heard from Paypal? Have they closed your case? Have you pursued any of the other places where you've filed a report?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

beckymae42 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bonelafide View Post

Hey Bonelafide,

I havent been keeping up. Why wont you get your money back. What did paypal respond with?

This seems weird because honestly I used my bank account to transfer funds into paypal to pay for this transaction. And I opened my dispute after you did ... so I am confused.

Gunjinn no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sadly you are a victim of a very common internet crime, usually perpetrated by people who are in fact not residents of the US. The offer of cars, jewelry, collectables, etc via ebay, craigs list, or even fraudulent websites, at a low price should always be suspect these days. When a seller such as this mutt pressures you to send money "today" it's time to back up and rethink what is going on.

A common fraud, usually committed by Nigerian nationals... which includes the 419 fraud (google it for info).. they use multiple email addresses usually free ones out of the country. In your case googlemail.com .. it could well have been others.

Reporting to IC3 is a waste of time as is your local DA who will not and cannot prosecute the individual since he resides outside of the US.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I am experienced in dealing with these scammers on a professional level. You NEVER see your money again.

Luckily it was not thousands for a car <wink>
    You can never have too much gas, unless you are on fire.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    good post Gunjinn. sorry to hear that as for now you wont be reimbursed bonelafide, keep us posted about what Paypal intends to do

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    you know what is said is scum always get away because good people dont want to deal with it or persue it and what i mean is they dont have the time or money and most scum no that so the circle goes on

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7
    yah i agree with Gunjinn... i filed complaints with IC3, talked to my bank, i know report this to the police here wouldnt solve anything... all i really had hope in was paypal. but they say they cant recover my 203 dollars! im guessing he cleaned his account out, closed it or something.

dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjinn View Post
    Sadly you are a victim of a very common internet crime, usually perpetrated by people who are in fact not residents of the US. The offer of cars, jewelry, collectables, etc via ebay, craigs list, or even fraudulent websites, at a low price should always be suspect these days. When a seller such as this mutt pressures you to send money "today" it's time to back up and rethink what is going on.

A common fraud, usually committed by Nigerian nationals... which includes the 419 fraud (google it for info).. they use multiple email addresses usually free ones out of the country. In your case googlemail.com .. it could well have been others.

Reporting to IC3 is a waste of time as is your local DA who will not and cannot prosecute the individual since he resides outside of the US.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I am experienced in dealing with these scammers on a professional level. You NEVER see your money again.

Luckily it was not thousands for a car <wink>

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Bonelafide I'm very sorry to hear about this. I have always been very uneasy about buying electronics off ebay. Thanks for the heads up on this guy, now hopefully someone else will not be scammed by him. Sorry again.

bunky1971 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22F29DE1
    Hey guys - check this out - maybe you can become involved....www.steelesettlement.com It is a class action suit fighting for transactions that went down bad with bank funding.....
    Ohhh BTW........just what exactly is a Bunky?

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7
    hmm interesting. ill check it out.

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7
    i filled out one of their forms and im going to be mailing it out one of these days.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Ever hear anything more?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast