Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

You would think they could just make his account go negative and give you back ... PinStack Marketplace forum

PENorwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

You would think they could just make his account go negative and give you back your money ... whatever happened to PayPal's guarantees?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    You are more than likely out of luck. This is probably resulted this way because the user cancelled the account or changed account numbers to which his paypal account was connected to. Anyone can do it and get away with it. Just sad that they actually go through the trouble in doing so.

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had this happen to me already and I got back zilch, nada, nothing. Of course these people know how to beat the system but they need to be stopped, use his IP address to trace him or something.

Paypal needs to put in a system where funds are not released until the items are delivered. It may sound onerous but if there is no confidence in the system then it will fail and paypal's buyer protection guarantee comes with so much fine print it may as well not be there.

I've started asking sellers to send me a picture of the item along with a piece of paper with a message of my choosing which at least reassures me a tad bit that they have the particular item in their hand. My request is no guarantee but then if they're not straight up you start hearing all the excuses from that point.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Members that conduct dishonest transactions on PinStack such as this will pay the price by losing their posting privileges as well as the right to even visit PinStack anymore.

We simply cannot and will not allow it here.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    wow sorry for you ppl. That just sucks big time.... but just a question, cant he just make a new username, like he has multiple email addresses ? I have 3 computers in my house, he may be in this thread right now with a different name
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    I would contact IC3 as suggested. I would also file a report with your DA....Not sure of the way it works in the states with minimum amounts etc. You could also contact your bank or credit card company and see what they can do on their end.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Bonelafide,

If you paid Paypal with a credit card, contact the card-issuer immediately if you haven't already! Dispute the item with them and let them go to work on it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7
    but sadly, i transfered the money from my bank account to my paypal then i paid.
    I know ive heard from some, to go and contact my band.. but im not sure what they could or would do or if they would even believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by bonelafide View Post
    but sadly, i transfered the money from my bank account to my paypal then i paid.
    I know ive heard from some, to go and contact my band.. but im not sure what they could or would do or if they would even believe me.
    My advise is to stop being concerned about what "they" (anyone) can or will do and report this transaction to anyone who will listen. You might be surprised in the end at what some of these agencies CAN do if you get them to "work" for you...and why wouldn't your bank believe you?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

beckymae42 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I received a message from paypal last night saying that they were able to collect my money and I should see the credit. I haven't looked yet but they did say it can take a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by beckymae42 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I received a message from paypal last night saying that they were able to collect my money and I should see the credit. I haven't looked yet but they did say it can take a couple days.
    Congratulations, Becky. Now let's hope for the same results for Bonelafide soon.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Members that conduct dishonest transactions on PinStack such as this will pay the price by losing their posting privileges as well as the right to even visit PinStack anymore.

We simply cannot and will not allow it here.
    Just wondering.... when you guys enforce things like this can you block IPs as well?
    "Who Dares Wins"

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    Just wondering.... when you guys enforce things like this can you block IPs as well?
    I'm sure they can. You would be amazed @ what mods on these sites can do!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Heavy Fluid no está en línea Stack level 2
    Admins and Moderators on forums can and usually do enforce the IP ban for problematic members.

bonelafide, you should also contact your local law enforcement agency. I had a problem a few years ago where I got scammed on another forum, and of course, I sent a USPS postal money order, and did not use Paypal. I contacted my local law enforcement agency, who happens to have an internet loss prevention division. The officer simply contacted the local police department in the offenders town, and they just made a courtesy stop at the persons house. Turns out it was some 17 year old kid looking to make enough money to get new wheels for his truck. His parents ended up sending me a return USPS money order overnight to pay me back.

Do as the mods here say, and use all of your options. Contact your bank, the ic3 that was mentioned, and continue to contact Paypal regarding the money.

Hopefully you will get your money returned to you.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    Yes, they can block the IP. So regardless of what username they choose to use they would be blocked.

However, if they create a username and password from another computer there is no way of knowing. We as a member of the Pinstack community just need to keep a watch out for everyone.

bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7
    I contacted my bank, they told me there was nothing they could really do. The only way they would've been able to assist me was if i didnt authorize the transaction from my bank to paypal.

ill do the Ic3 now though.

edit: i filed a complaint via IC3... mm i didnt realize how little information i had about him. but i should've known something was fishy when everytime i would ask for his location he would just say canada or his timezone he would never answer. and when one would ask for his number he claimed he couldnt give his number out online!! i feel stupid.

i just thought ok all i have to do is send the money and he will do his part.
    Last edited by bonelafide; 08-23-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast