I wanted to post this just as a general caution when buying a BB online ... PinStack Marketplace forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Post Hopefully this will save a headach or two.

Advertisement

I wanted to post this just as a general caution when buying a BB online or from someone you don't know. My story had a happy ending but others might not be as lucky.

Yesterday I received a used BB Pearl from a fellow stacker. I got it took it out of the box and it looked wonderful so within minutes I was on the phone with Alltel to get it switched to my wife's account. I got on the line with the tech support and he asked for the PIN # so he could verify it was able to be switched. After giving him the PIN and sitting there for a minute he comes back and says buddy don't buy this phone. It is from a past due account and there is nothing you can do.

Trying to stay calm and hoping it was a mistake I Pm'ed the seller and after a couple of back and fourths we figured out that the box which I had given the PIN from was to a totally different phone I called back and in 5 minutes the phone was good to go. So my story ended happy. It did however make me think. What if it hadn't worked out and that's why I am posting this.

My fellow stacker's if you ever buy a used BB from another stacker or anyone else. Before you close the deal ask the seller for the PIN. Tell them you want to check on it before you send the money or close the deal. If the seller is honest and the phone is not stolen I believe if they want to make the sell they will be happy to give it to you. On the other hand if they won't give it to you or try and make excuses of why they can't give it to you stop it right there and tell them thanks but no thanks.

I am sure a lot of you guys who have been around awhile have already thought of this. I didn't and thought I had gotten screwed...but maybe some of the newbies or even oldies who are like me and it never crossed there minds will be saved a headache if they do this when they want to buy. I also want to thank the seller who was very understanding and helpful for being so honest and trustworthy and a person I am glad is a fellow stacker. Bottom line is always protect yourself you don't buy a car with out a test drive or a house without checking it out. Our BB's are not cheap and we have the right to ask questions and feel safe before we shell out our cash.

Thanks for reading hope it helps at least one person avoid a headache
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 05-30-2009 at 10:02 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks Mod team for moving my post to the correct place now imma go talk to the mod who told me the other place was right..... . Thanks guys ya'll are awesome!!