This CDMA Blackberry 8130 is like new and NEVER been used (in Australia) (Verizon CDMA ... PinStack Marketplace forum

GT4steve no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    246CE52B

Thumbs up great phone, great bargain?

Advertisement

This CDMA Blackberry 8130 is like new and NEVER been used (in Australia) (Verizon CDMA phone)
    I was thinking it would be such a great deal for American buyers since our dollar has dropped from 92c to 67c to your dollar! making this a VERY affordable Blackberry. I cannot use it in Australia since our "Telstra" has switched off the onky CDMA network here. There are a lot of people who are VERY annoyed/disgruntled as the "Next G" and such services do not offer the same coverage and that I s big thing here in Australia as we don't have the population to support extensive coverage.

too good to just go un-noticed sorry...

I've only been registered here for a matter of 1 or 2 weeks and unfortunately I cannot link to the ebay sale...so search .com.au for + car chargR and you'll find it there in Aussie dollars (AUS$100) plus free express postage to the US

****SOLD FOR AUD$100*****

THANKS, Steve.
    Last edited by GT4steve; 10-23-2008 at 01:51 AM. Reason: to infom that it is now sold

ghostshell no está en línea Stack level 2
    you will have to get it unlocked, besides that since its Ebay they have to live by whats written or you get your doe back, i would check to see what the tag is for a new one and refurb one and compare.

PIN/ID
    246CE52B
    I puchased it when my 7100v was stolen/then found (by management)/compensated.

It was from America and is Verizon but the guy said it was unlocked. I have proof of that so if anyone does buy and find different, let me know!
    I have since then actually clued myself up on the latest blackberries and such as I wasn't a web trawler back then, not that I am now (-; and after my new 8110 was smashed recently decided to buy an 8120 for the WiFi as the GPS NEVER worked on the 8110 and by the time I had amAze and such Or just the knowledge about GPS on Blackberries as the maps in Australia for BBmaps really suck) the refund/dispute period was over )-;

so, as far as I know it is fully unlocked as it has been nearly 2 years since this guy had it connected and Aus. has no CDMA networks anymore.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But you cannot unlock a CDMA phone.

If you want to use the phone with a CDMA provider, you must call the provider and give them the ESN number. This should be located under the battery.

If the phone is from Verizon US, then they have the number registered on their network. So it should be good for anyone on Verizon US.

I doubt that Telstra turned off their CDMA network. Call them and ask if you can register the ESN.

PIN/ID
    246CE52B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I doubt that Telstra turned off their CDMA network. Call them and ask if you can register the ESN.
    Telstra switched off many months ago now to make room for the "NEXT-G" network which offers high speed net traffic, voice calls etc. Meanwhile the Aussie rural sector (and a S*L of people who live outside or any providers coverage (which is not hard over here at all!) are quite furious and still seek compensation) The "free Next_G phones that people got were supposed to be "even better coverage" than the CDMA phones. Not to be. My Mum lives 20mins out of a good sized town (6000) and needs service/ had service/ and can no longer get service. Next G is better than any Vodafone service that I get, but you have to drive 5 mins from her house to pick upa signal

Thanks for clarifying that about CDMA. I do however realise that there is no "unlock" code as such as CDMA phones don't take a SIM, hence being locked down to the actual provider so that really makes your choice of provider all the more important