Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i know you want a droid but pass on this. A bad ESN is a ... PinStack Marketplace forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

i know you want a droid but pass on this.
    A bad ESN is a bad ESN, what the person is doing is flashing the ESN from a valid Verizon phone to the HTC. This is similar to how folks flash a Sprint phone to Boost. Most of the time the Boost ESN they are using is from one they bought.

I'm skeptical as to the history of the HTC. ESNs are blocked if stolen rarely, and mostly because of non payment on the bill.

Once bad, always bad. While the process would work, it's long and lengthy. Not as easy as flashing a custom ROM or the like.
    The owner of the HTC may be a good person, but to me it sounds like they are shorting you on this deal.

Forgive spelling. Just woke up and on a computer.....my spelling sucks.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My .02. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole, no matter how attractive it sounds. To me, its not worth it. Be patient, and you will do a lot better than this. Just my opinion.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm not sure Dee. A bad ESN means it was stolen doesn't it?
    I read somewhere that there are several reasons a ESN could be bad... it's either stolen, the person didn't pay their bill, or canceled without paying the early termination fee. But as to how accurate that is, I'm not sure :-s

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    i know you want a droid but pass on this.
    A bad ESN is a bad ESN, what the person is doing is flashing the ESN from a valid Verizon phone to the HTC. This is similar to how folks flash a Sprint phone to Boost. Most of the time the Boost ESN they are using is from one they bought.

I'm skeptical as to the history of the HTC. ESNs are blocked if stolen rarely, and mostly because of non payment on the bill.

Once bad, always bad. While the process would work, it's long and lengthy. Not as easy as flashing a custom ROM or the like.
    The owner of the HTC may be a good person, but to me it sounds like they are shorting you on this deal.

Forgive spelling. Just woke up and on a computer.....my spelling sucks.
    Hmm maybe I will go ahead and pass then I thought that would be an easy way to get a device at a price I can afford, but in the end if its something that flashing may or may not fix, I don't want to risk being out two phones

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    My .02. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole, no matter how attractive it sounds. To me, its not worth it. Be patient, and you will do a lot better than this. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, I'm sure you're right, I just have no patience LOL! When I want something I unfortunately want it like yesterday! LOL

Thanks for all the advice guys! I know I can trust you guys to never steer me wrong, so even though it kinda kills me, I will follow your advice and just pass on this one. Hopefully another good trade will come along soon though

Thanks again, and I hope you all have a great day!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well there ya go. Move on and hopefully something else will come up soon, Dee.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1679351

Look at that and through that market.
    Wouldn't bother making an account and contacting sellers. XDA is very nervous about scammers and folks with less than a year can't do trades or buys.

however I am granfathered in, and I have a trade. So if you find something let me know and I will contact seller and see if I can act as a go between. If Roger agrees we can use Pinstack as our proof of validity and maybe add some confidence to the seller.

It's a long shot, but may work.

I have to work today from 1-9:30 so will be unable to move on it if you do find something.

Yeah, I have no problem with that.

The device in reference is currently on hold pending purchase as of today and is no longer available at this time.

Thank you!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Woohoo! Shall I close the thread? Don't be a stranger, Dee! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Woohoo! Shall I close the thread? Don't be a stranger, Dee! :-)
    Yeah that's fine. If the sale falls through for some reason I can always post it again

I'll try to come back more often. Hopefully I'll get an Android here soon, IF I can get lucky these next few days. If so I'll be on a LOT because I will need tons of help learning it I'm sure LOL
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

It's been almost three weeks and the "buyer" of this device still hasn't purchased it, so I'm reopening this thread if anyone else is interested in buying or trading.

I'm not looking for anything specific as far as a trade, and am open to all reasonable offers OR I will sell outright for $100 OBO.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12