Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my post I've got a ... PinStack Marketplace forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Smile FT/FS Verizon BlackBerry Storm2; Clean ESN & Unlocked

Advertisement

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my post

I've got a BlackBerry Storm2 that I am looking to trade or to sell outright for $100 OBO

The Storm2 is in working condition, clean ESN, unlocked, has OS 5.0 and does have SIM & SD card slots. It does show signs of wear and the screen has two small cracks near the edge (upper left & lower right; see bottom pic), but it doesn't affect operation and they're really only noticeable when the backlight is off.

I never used it myself as I only got it to beta test my themes on, so all I have is the device, battery & battery cover.

If anyone is interested in a trade or purchasing it outright, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by JavaBratt; 06-27-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: sale fell through
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You're joining the growing ranks of disgruntled BlackBerry users, Dee! Hopefully RIM will bring some of us back into the fold with their BB10 OS and devices, but we shall see!

Good luck with the sale/trade!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    You're joining the growing ranks of disgruntled BlackBerry users, Dee! Hopefully RIM will bring some of us back into the fold with their BB10 OS and devices, but we shall see!

Good luck with the sale/trade!
    I know! I never thought I would get tired of BlackBerry, but it seems like every app I want/need is for Android or iPhone only, not to mention the fact that I don't plan on developing anymore themes since it's not really worth all the time and effort any more. But hopefully I can find someone who is willing to trade or buy because I'd REALLY LOVE to get an Android to see what I'm missing
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

So what do you have against iPhone?

So what do you have against iPhone?
    LOL! I've got nothing against iPhone, I just know more people with Android's is all, so I've seen them in action. Plus Android is the only one I've been told I can sneak and tether to my laptop without VZW knowing But if I can do that too, then I would even consider an older model iPhone
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

No, you can tether with iPhone, too. Just needs to be jailbroken, which we can certainly help you with here.

No, you can tether with iPhone, too. Just needs to be jailbroken, which we can certainly help you with here.
    See, I learn something new everyday LOL

Either way I will end up being on here a LOT more because I know absolutely nothing about iPhone or Android, which already hurts me because I don't know which I would actually be better off with. Only thing I do know is to buy either one, even refurbed from VZW with my discount, is WAY more than I want to spend
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

You can get an i4 for less than 100 bucks, can't you?

As to which one to get, we'll all have differing opinions here. Best advice for you is to go into the store and play around with both to see which fits your needs best.

You can get an i4 for less than 100 bucks, can't you?
    With my discount it would still cost me $100 for the 8Gb iPhone 4, plus an additional $30 upgrade fee, which is a lot more than I can afford right now

As to which one to get, we'll all have differing opinions here. Best advice for you is to go into the store and play around with both to see which fits your needs best.
    For now I just want an older model just to see how I will like the touch screen and OS. BlackBerry is the only smartphone I've ever had, so I want to go as cheap as possible for now. Then once I know if I like another device I can save up to get something better
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Yeah, I just meant that you can get a feel for 'Droid vs. iPhone by playing with them in a store.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Will be waiting if you need android help.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Will be waiting if you need android help.
    Thanks! I'm sure I will need all kinds of help LOL! I only wish someone were willing to trade devices with me or take this one off my hands so I could get a new one
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Over the weekend I found someone who is interested in trading my BlackBerry Storm2 for their HTC Wildfire, but I want to make sure I will be able to use their device before I go ahead and agree to the switch. But if I can, I would like to switch ASAP

First question... the person states that the HTC has a bad ESN which can be fixed by "flashing" it. Is this true? I've tried to read up on "flashing", but it doesn't make a lot of sense and I get conflicting answers

Second... their HTC is with US Cellular, but again the person states that by "flashing" it I can use it with my existing Verizon Wireless contract. Is this true?

Third... if both of the above statements are true, is "flashing" something I can do for free or at least really cheap?

Lastly... does anyone here have personal experience with this device because reviews and whatnot that I find seem rather vague? My biggest concern is whether or not I can get an app to tether it to my laptop without Verizon knowing since they charge for this. I currently do this with my BB using Fixmo Extend, so I need to make sure I will somehow be able to do the same with the HTC.

But if anyone has any answers to these questions and can get back to me as quickly as possible, I would REALLY appreciate it!! Thanks a bunch
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm not sure Dee. A bad ESN means it was stolen doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast