Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Kwues, I'd file a complaint with your local police (if they have a division for ... PinStack Marketplace forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Kwues, I'd file a complaint with your local police (if they have a division for that) simply because they might have the capability to contact the local police where the seller lives and make a connection and/or inquiry that way. Everything at this point is worth a try. Be sure to contact your credit card bank though - that's VERY important to get their protection - they will do everything they can to help resolve this for you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    I'm sorry that you have to go through this issue. There are a lot of crooks out there, but remember what goes around comes around. I hope the authorities deal with this the right way. You have my sympathy.

kwues no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by drice30721 View Post
    I'm sorry that you have to go through this issue. There are a lot of crooks out there, but remember what goes around comes around. I hope the authorities deal with this the right way. You have my sympathy.
    thanks for the support, greatly appreciate it....

agband no está en línea Stack level 1
    Dang crooks! I hope you get this resolved kwues. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    That is awful. I was looking to buy something off PS, but now I'm scared!

Kyo0demon,

You can buy from a PS user. Just exercise caution - that's true anywhere - and use your instincts. If something feels wrong, it probably is. Ask for pictures of what you're buying, even ask for references from the seller (like people he's sold to before, eBay feedback, etc.) - not every good seller has them but a good seller won't mind trying to satisfy your feelings of anxiety before the sale. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

@Kyo0tdemon
    thanks you for the support, I second everything jblackfish, just make sure you excercise all your options in learning as much about the history of the seller and make sure to try and get as many forms of contact information as possible. It' a shame low life scumbags prey on innocent unsuspecting victims in such a great blackberry community.
    @ jblackfish*?

I did take your advice and filed a claim with IC3 as well as my local authorities and contacted my credit card company as well (issued a refund while they investigate)...I also acquired help/asistance from my good buddy in the FBI to help me out with the local authorities of the seller's hometown.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by kwues View Post
    ............@ jblackfish*?

I did take your advice and filed a claim with IC3 as well as my local authorities and contacted my credit card company as well (issued a refund while they investigate)...I also acquired help/asistance from my good buddy in the FBI to help me out with the local authorities of the seller's hometown.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Good going, Kwues! Hopefully, you won't have to suffer any more because of a dishonest user. It's alway good to keep your cool and explore every possibilty. Keep us posted on how it goes.

thank you...I was pretty sure I was on top of things as far as communications, proper steps to research on the seller, but I guess one slimy one has to be able slide through once in a while :/...I always felt that added secirity since I paid w/my cerdit card but I really just wanted to get that guy caught to try and prevent him from doing it again in the future...but I'll keep everyone posted on any new findings...since they do have an address from PayPal, hopefully the uathorities will be able to try and and get in touch with him...thanks again evryone for your time and help, especially jblackfish*?

-via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

agband no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good work kwues! Hopefully they find that SOB

Quote Originally Posted by agband View Post
    Good work kwues! Hopefully they find that SOB
    Oh believe me I hope they do as well...wonder if the mods are having any luck...
    Last edited by kwues; 11-08-2008 at 11:20 AM.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Man this sucks. I'm sorry this happened to you dude. I'm looking to buy items off this forum as well, now i'm all jittery.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

bajan, As stated by many users previously, you have to be careful when you buy on ANY site on the internet. There are a few "bad eggs" in every group and they spoil the honesty of the majority of people.

Just be cautious, take your time and check everything out that you can. If it feels bad/wrong/too good to be true, it probably is. If you miss a good deal because you were too cautious there are plenty more deals waiting in the wings. One thing we don't have to worry about on the internet is a shortage of stuff!

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah the person i've been dealing with seems pretty cool so i'm confident about dealing with him.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Another PinStack user gets his money stolen. This seems eerily familiar to the Bond47 incident..... Glad to see the PS Moderation Team doing what they can to help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123