Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

45 minutes was his last visit.... PinStack Marketplace forum

PIN/ID
    LESS

Advertisement

45 minutes was his last visit.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    oh wow ... so sorry to hear that ... god there are people in the world that just dont deserve to be dealt with ... i really hope it works out!

kwues no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks guys for the support, so I decided to try emailing him again this morning and surprisingly he replied, he stated that he did not have internet access and that the iphone was his means of going online...hmmmm....he also staes that he dropped it off at the post office and was wanting an explanation why $375 was deducted from his PayPal accnt...I checked my PayPal accnt. And nothing had been refunded and told him that my dispute was only for $350 and don't know where the other $25 is from. He thinks that I was refunded the money and I have the phone...if I had any remote intention of scamming him I sure wouldn't be here posting...do you guys think I should go try and go through my cerdit card company cause PayPal is now sayong that he has no funds in his acct. and can't do much right now other than suspend activity in his acct. unless he's putting money back to refund me...sent him emails updating the staus and waiting to here back...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

apologize for the typos :/

Wow a wopping $1.59 was recoverd from PayPal from this scammers acct. This guy Brandon won't even return anymore of my emails..planning on filing a police report with his local authorities...any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated, thanks...

offroadnredneck no está en línea Stack level 1
    that sucks dude. Thats why I never buy from a forum. I only buy stuff from websites and ebay. I know this is no help to you, but I just felt like saying it. Best of luck getting this resolved.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    If the payment made via Pay Pal was charged to a credit card, advise them to reverse the charges immediately and that they are in dispute.
    Being that this fraud was perpetrated over the internet, you can get the Feds involved. As you've suggested, contact local law enforcement wherever this crook is from.
    Continue to try and develope further information on him. You have my utmost sympathy regarding this disgusting matter.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yeah that is weird. But any bad experience was from ebay and they always refunded me my money. This is a very different experience for me.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You can print a label through Paypal and it automatically sends an email to the buyer with a tracking number, but, it doesn't mean that the sender really sent it out. I looked up that tracking number and that is exactly what he did. That is why the post office does not have a record of it. They were just notified electronically through Paypal that a label was generated. I am sorry that he robbed you. It looks like Paypal tried to recover your funds, but he withdrew the money out before they could get it back. His balance would show a negative balance now, so if he sold anything now it would go back to you. Obviously, I would not count on that.

You MUST call your credit card company and do a chargeback as merchandise not received and that you feel that you have been frauded. They will send a chargeback to Paypal and the charges should be reversed by Paypal. Your credit card company should protect you. Please give that a try and let us know.

To everyone lending their time/help/advice/support, I grealty appreicate it...I am aware of filing a chargeback from my credit card company, however the reason I waited a while is because a fellow stacker informed me that once I do that the PayPal investigation gets copletely closed, and is handed off to the credit card...I don't really lnow if that may allow him (Brandon) to use his acct. again and pull off another scam to another unsuspecting victim...but I guess. I have no choice since PayPal seemed to already have closed the dispute even though they still say they will try to collect still (I doubt that's priority to them :/)...at least his address was on the PayPal info when I paid and maybe the local authorities can investigate further...(worth a shot)thanks again and I'll keep you guys posted, have a good one stackers...)

Also hope the moderators can put this guy and his PinStack acct. On the their fraud/scammers list

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just a note to all who have been following this, the Moderation Team tries to keep track of as much as we can, but don't always see everything. I just saw this this morning and we will be investigating. Whenever there is an issue like this please use the Report Post button, right next to the trust button.

This sends a message to the Moderation Team and makes us aware of what has been happening. When you click that button it will bring up a comment box where you type why you are reporting it so we can begin to take action.

So sorry that you are dealing with this kwues
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Kwues, By all means report your transaction on this site. It's the Internet Crime Complaint Center. Also, if you pay your Paypal account with a credit card, report that to you credit card issuing back immeciately and dispute the amount. (You have 90 days to dispute a credit card charge whether you've paid the bill or not!) Also, as someone encouraged, report the transaction to your local authorities.

Good luck. As Azstar said, we'll be doing what we can on Pinstack to help you try to resolve this issue.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

@ azstar and jblackfish

thank you guys for your help, I do believe I filed this report already via the "report" button, but understand if it may have been overlooked, I'm sure you guys are busy enough keeping up this great site/community, I'm just thankful for this great community of awesome people that lend their time, advice, and support thus making it a bit easier to deal unfortunate situations. Thanks again.

Also re: filing a police report, it should just be w/his local police right? Or do you guys recommend one file with my local authorities as well?

@ jblackfish

Thanks for the link as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast