Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wanted to make everyone aware of a deal I did here that I believe was ... PinStack Marketplace forum

TimmyT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A23F41

Forum members beware of this guy - jackmorris1976

Advertisement

Wanted to make everyone aware of a deal I did here that I believe was a scam. I traded for a Apple iPhone 3Gs 32gb that jackmorris1976 had up for sale or trade. I offered him a 8gb itouch NIB factory sealed, leather case and $140 by M/O which he accepted. I shipped Monday the 24th by USPS Express at my own cost, he said he would ship the iphone as soon as he verified the condition of the touch. Package delivered Tuesday the 25th right before noon. No response from him that he received until Weds by PM here only after I sent him a PM. He said in that PM the iphone would be sent that day. Original agreement was that he would ship by USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation and supply me that number. Here we are today, me with no iphone and no contact from him, I worry because his email address he supplied me is no longer valid and he doesnot respond to my PM's. Oi hope I'm wrong about this and if so will apologize to him, but I think I'm dead on on this one. His name is Patrick Sullivan and lives supposedly in Casselberry FL. If anyone here has dealt with him or maybe lives in that area, please contact me. I have sent an email to two MODS here awaiting response.

kateramsey7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I know, i almost bought the phone off of him, but he was a little shady, and the price was too good to be true

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    :-/ I hope something works out for you.

Here's a link with info that might be his http://www.whitepages.com/search/Rep...ype=findperson but of course he could have been lying about his name, or this could be the wrong person but it's a start.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hope this all turns out to be a misunderstanding, otherwise I feel for you.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    File for mail fraud: http://reviews.ebay.com/HOW-TO-FILE-...00000003448709

Using the USPS and an M/O puts you into a pretty good position for actually getting a positive outcome for you.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ditto to what Thyth said, sorry to heard you ran into this...
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Very sorry this happened to you. A good rule of thumb-buy only from someone on here who has bought/sold on here OR-someone who has a good feedback record and deals on ebay or is PayPal verified/confirmed.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Also, do you have a receipt or the number for the M/O? If so, you contact the issuing company to see if it's been cashed and whereabouts. If it hasn't, I've put stop payments on them before when I've lost them.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

scmurphy13 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I almost made the deal with him, too. He says in the ad he has no use for the phone but in the PM he sent me, he claims that he wouldn't ship first because it's the only phone he has. After receiving that PM, I stopped communicating with him.
    Practicing without a degree
    .44 caliber brain surgery

PIN/ID
    24A23F41
    Yep, shame on me, I do a lot of buying and trading on other forums and should have been a little more alert on this one, lesson learned, with that said any honest person here have a 3Gs Iphone they wanna sell, as you can see I pay, haha

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    So what's the update? What did you get done? I would have found that guy and got my money back.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

PIN/ID
    24A23F41
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    So what's the update? What did you get done? I would have found that guy and got my money back.

Wish it were that easy, I live in Virginia, he lives in Florida, would love to have my stuff back. I'm trying to call in some favors with the local L/E's. Going to Post Office Monday to check status of M/O

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Keep us updated. We all want to know how this turns out. We're on your side.

PIN/ID
    24A23F41
    Admins, just ban this clown, I have had no communications since Wednesday and he shut his email off. Its obvious he is a troll lurking to steal from people.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sorry for your trouble, Timmy. There are a few bad apples in every situation that ruin it for the rest of the good folks. Sometimes it can't be avoided. I sympathize with you. I had a similar situation with a BB purchase less than two years ago right after I first joined PS and, as luck would have it, I got my money back. Good luck in calling in your favors - I hope that gives you an advantage in the situation and you catch this thief.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast