Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by MotoUp Helps keep the peace, right Gary? LOL ya'll know me too ... PScast: PinStack Weekly Podcast forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Helps keep the peace, right Gary? LOL
    ya'll know me too well

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    We like to let her think that anyway....
    +1 haha

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I just went back and got all the previous podcasts just to see how they've gotten better since starting.
    So what yiou think ?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    [quote=cherrichiodo;1077965]sorry bassman, honest mistake right

No worries!

Its all great, like a bowl full of cherries, J/K

nah no offense taken!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jonberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Podcast Size

How about making this podcast a little more mobile friendly?

160 kbps seems a little excessive for a podcast with little or no music.

64kbps would be more than enough and would be less than half the size.

Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonberry View Post
    How about making this podcast a little more mobile friendly?

160 kbps seems a little excessive for a podcast with little or no music.

64kbps would be more than enough and would be less than half the size.

Thanks.
    It's basically an hour podcast, it downloads to your media card, you can start the DL and forget it, listen when it's downloaded and delete it. I don't see the issue and I disagree that it's not "mobile friendly."

I listen to a number of podcasts daily on my phone - nearly all of them are an hour long. If listening "mobile" doesn't suit you you have the option to DL via iTunes and listen on your P-C or your iPod, etc. if you do that. You can also probably find a way to transfer the iTunes version to your media card if you want to do that.

Maybe you can try this program,Podcasts, by cwrchris on your phone - maybe that would help. I use it too and find it perfect for my needs. You can get it here.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-06-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    +1 haha

So what yiou think ?
    They have gotten better over time.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    It's basically an hour podcast, it downloads to your media card, you can start the DL and forget it, listen when it's downloaded and delete it. I don't see the issue and I disagree that it's not "mobile friendly."

I listen to a number of podcasts daily on my phone - nearly all of them are an hour long. If listening "mobile" doesn't suit you you have the option to DL via iTunes and listen on your P-C or your iPod, etc. if you do that. You can also probably find a way to transfer the iTunes version to your media card if you want to do that.

Maybe you can try this program,Podcasts, by cwrchris on your phone - maybe that would help. I use it too and find it perfect for my needs. You can get it here.
    Honestly, I think it would be a good idea to either lower the bitrate or just have two links to the cast. High bitrate and low bitrate...

I've been trying to dload ep2 for 2 days now and it keeps getting cut off half way...

Basically what I'm saying is, for some people, connectivity just isn't that great...

And if let's say, we take my example, I have no internet access past my bold and tethering service is miserable... Therefore I do all that I can do from my device... The only option that remains is to try try again...

This isn't a complaint... Merely a suggestion... Some of us just don't live in a 3g era, or a reliable data service for download era...

Just my 2 cents...

jonberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's not the fact that it's an hour long - it's the bitrate!

I guess you don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonberry View Post
    It's not the fact that it's an hour long - it's the bitrate!

I guess you don't get it.
    Relax, Jon. I got it. Maybe they can reduce the bitrate - I don't know - the guys in charge of the podcast all read this thread and I'm sure that they'll do everthing they can to make it easy and available to as many as possible.

Reddrvgon, got your point too and it's a good one! (Thanks for not yelling at me.)

Let's see how they respond to your request/needs. So far they've responded to every suggestion adequately IMO.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ask me
    So far so good with the pinstack team... I've been seeing improvements across the board... I know for a fact that hayden n all the mods are making things better for us...

I think constrictive suggestions are best... Suggest something... Give a scenario and reasoning... Give a possible solution...

That way everyone knows you're not just blabbering...

Great job with the PSCast Cherry n Ranx... Lovin it...

N btw, I'm from texas too jblack...

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    ...........btw, I'm from texas too jblack...
    Good man. It's a big state and I've run into Texans all over the place. Even when we were checking into a little hotel in the "historic district" of Paris (FR) we ran into a couple from Plano, Texas.

We'll try to NOT be prejudiced against those poor souls who are from other places.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    we are constantly looking for ways to streamline the podcast. if you have any suggestions as to how to lower the bitrate, then by all means please suggest away. if you haven't noticed, we are all amateurs at this this is just one added feature that we have acknowledged as a "wave of the future" in blogging and hope that everyone else enjoys it as much as we do

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Lol, I'm thinking its so big because cherri is from Texas. Like all us true Texans know we like everything bigger. Changing the bit rate would help some but not much. If cherri,ranx and Gary want me to mess with it I will see how small I can get it without killing the quality.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Good man. It's a big state and I've run into Texans all over the place. Even when we were checking into a little hotel in the "historic district" of Paris (FR) we ran into a couple from Plano, Texas.

We'll try to NOT be prejudiced against those poor souls who are from other places.
    Haha... Well if you ever drop by pakistan in a town called Lahore, you'll find me in a tavern somewhere with a hoodie n my bold...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Lol, I'm thinking its so big because cherri is from Texas. Like all us true Texans know we like everything bigger. Changing the bit rate would help some but not much. If cherri,ranx and Gary want me to mess with it I will see how small I can get it without killing the quality.
    Lol.. That's the beauty of amatuers... We can try anything...

I guess if you're up for posting another link for each pscast with a lower bitrate, just get "free audio converter" from www.download.com and you can set the bitrate as low as you want and convert...

Cherri n jblack add me on bbm... 255bbbfd...

N if ya'll are still latitudin... Add me up... Fouad.khawaja...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast