TGIF Everyone!! Today marks the end of a VERY LONG two week Spring Break for ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: Smartphone News & Rumors, Applications & Reviews

Advertisement

TGIF Everyone!! Today marks the end of a VERY LONG two week Spring Break for me and I am soo glad it's over. Next week will be here before we know it and I'll be arriving in Las Vegas on Tuesday afternoon, ready to be your STAR reporter bringing you all the latest news and rumors from International CTIA! As some of you may remember from last year, I will be doing video demos, interviews with developers and keeping you up-to-date with all of the latest information as it is delivered to us! I hope you all are as excited as I am!! Until next week ...

BlackBerry News & Rumors
    BIS 2.6 has been released today!!
    BlackBerry App World, Launch April 1st?
    BlackBerry Media Sync now has Windows Media Player Support!

Iphone News & Rumors

Windows Mobile News & Rumors

Android News & Rumors
    Lenovo's Android phone skinned to look like iPhone
    T-Mobile Branded HTC Magic Appears
    BSquare to port Adobe Flash to Android

Other Smartphone News & Rumors
    Opera Deals with US Carriers, Announcement coming at CTIA
    CTIA: Opera Mobile 9.7 with Opera Turbo To Be Unveiled at CTIA Next Week

Smartphone Applications/Accessories

TwitterBerry 0.9 Beta Available for Download
    New Features include: OS 4.2.1+: Includes improved TwitPic support. Look for the 'Send to TwitterBerry' menu in the Media application when viewing images. TwitPic uploads are sent over direct TCP connections, see 'Connection Help' in the Settings page, OS 4.2.1+: TwitPic progress bar, to show the progress of the upload, OS 4.3.0+: WiFi support for all connections, Full tweets on the list screen. No need to click to open new tweets, Improved network connectivity, adding support for WAP 2.0, Hyperlink "@username" in tweets to visit their timeline, Re-Tweet tweets from timelines or tweet views, Optional HTTPS SSL support on all authenticated requests, Background on close under 'Configure'

Nobex Radio Companion Updated, Many New Features Added!
    The people at Nobex Radio Companion let me know that their newest version has gone live today and is available for download. I have been testing this and they have added some great new features, improved the stream, added stations....it just keeps getting better. I am loving this newest version. As you all know there have been several new radio apps released for BlackBerry lately, each one having it's own pros and cons. Nobex has some really different features and is definitely worth trying out!

New Storm & Bold Cases from Case-Mate
    The Barely There is Case-mate's new line of sporty cases for the BlackBerry Storm. These cases are designed to protect the design of the BlackBerry Storm while allowing more of it to show.
    The Smart Skin is Case-mate's new line of revolutionary cases for the BlackBerry Bold (9000). This Bold Case is the world's first with a laser cut keyboard cover, allowing the keyboard to remain protected while the backlight still shines through. The Silicone material has even been printed with the stylish Carbon Fiber pattern.

Pocket Informant for BlackBerry 1.5
    Version 1.5 with some major improvements all around. First up is full BlackBerry Storm support with toolbars, touch screen gestures (swipe the months to move between them) and many other Storm specific user interface features. This interface was drafted by our interface experts and then polished by our private and public beta testers over three months and we hope you enjoy it. Next we've added Direct USB Outlook Sync to Pocket Informant so that all the extra fields that Pocket Informant supports can be synched directly to Outlook! This is an exciting feature as some of the things we are doing for 1.6 (full Franklin Covey support) are based off this. We've also added integration with the BlackBerry email view, smart URLs, and many more features - all of which solidify Pocket Informant's place as the best PIM you can find on the BlackBerry today.

Google Mobile App 3.3.38 for Blackberry with Search by voice & My Location
    Remember the last time you tried to search for "Marks & Spencers London SW1W" on your Blackberry and ended up with 10 extra characters in the spelling of "Spencers" before you gave up on the "London" bit? If you're like us and hate typing on that tiny keyboard, you'll be glad to hear that Google Mobile App on your Blackberry will let you search with your voice and with My Location. Give it a try by visiting http://m.google.com on your Blackberry. (Blackberry Storm is not supported at this time.) Your fingers will thank you for it.

SugarSync Now Available for BlackBerry
    SugarSync for BlackBerry is the ultimate mobile application for people on the go. Using the BlackBerry, all files and folders can be remotely accessed from home or office PCs / Macs and shared with friends and colleagues. In addition, many file types can be edited in real-time from the BlackBerry and synced back to the Internet and other devices. Snap photos from the BlackBerry phone and sync and share them instantly.

SlingPlayer Mobile Out of Beta
    SlingBox users, SlingPlayer Mobile for BlackBerry is out of beta and available for download and the iPhone version has been submitted to the App Store and is awaiting approval. It's initial release is available for a limited number of BlackBerry devices, the Bold, 8900, 8350i and the 8x20 series devices but compatibility for more devices is in the works. No love for CDMA devices like the Storm or 8x30 devices outside Sprint's 8350i. Check out the site for full details, system and device requirements and to find out how to download SlingPlayer Mobile right to your BlackBerry. Warning though, it requires a large portion of device memory, 2.5mb device memory required!

Conference Calling and Voice Broadcast Functions Coupled in a Free Download
    Ifbyphone today announced its first BlackBerry application – conference calling and voice-broadcast messaging combined in a free download – enhancing the functionality of the popular communications devices from Research In Motion. Enjoy the advantages of Ifbyphone's technology on the iPhone, BlackBerry and more using the apps & plugins. The Ifbyphone application utilizes BlackBerry users’ existing contacts lists, allowing users to create groups of contacts for conference calls or voice-broadcast messages. Ifbyphone will provide the first 100 minutes of use per month free to users of the application, which is available now at http://www.ifbyphone.com/blackberry and via Handango at http://www.handango.com.

Glu Mobile Announces Expanded Global Partnership with Activision Publishing
    Today at GDC, Glu Mobile Inc., a leading global publisher of mobile games, announced an expanded partnership with Activision Publishing, Inc. to bring five blockbuster Activision titles to the mobile platform. The upcoming titles will be published worldwide for carriers and application stores that support Android, Blackberry, BREW, J2ME and Windows Mobile.

PinStacker Reviews
    Review: PodTrapper(My First Paid App)
    Let me start off by saying that I am addicted to Podcasts. I listen to about 15-20 Podcasts per week and usually just download them through iTunes and load them on to my Berry, I went through the 30 day trial and didn't think I would buy it but the second my trial ran out, I purchased the app cuz I love it so much! PodTrapper is an amazing application!
    You can either enter manual addresses or you can use their VERY nice Podcast search feature to look up podcasts which is awesome if you want say Video Game podcasts but don't know where to go for a podcast. The app is very easy to use and set up with all kinds of settings. You can pause 1 podcast and start another one and go back and forth if you want. It runs smoothly in the background. Doesn't kill your battery either. It has a very nice UI and keeps everything in order. If you like listening to Podcasts on your Berry, you should give this app a try, at least the 30 day trial as it is as addictive as the berry itself!!!!

Review: LG Solar Bluetooth Car Kit
    This is something my wife and I found at Best Buy on Monday, March 23, 2009 - a bluetooth speakerphone by LG that not only has excellent quality voice, voice dialing, multi connection (2 phones) AND easy pairing - The LG Speakerphone Car Kit. This little beauty weighs in at 0.51 lbs, including the plastic suction cup mounting unit. It is 94.3 mm L x 50.5 mm W x 14.4 mm H, and is easily removable from the mounting unit. The unit is Green, meaning that you do NOT need to use the car charging cable to charge the speakerphone (even though the cable is included). On the back of the speakerphone is a solar panel, so there is constant power to the speakerphone as long as there is daylight!

---------------------------------------------------------------

This week's episode includes:
    Tips to enhance your PinStack experience >> using the photo albums
    WIR Recaps
    Site Announcements
    To G1 or NOT to G1 -- that is the question ...
    >> Ranx and Gary discuss their time on the G1 Smartphone
    Apple Iphone 3.0 upgrade with Ranx

PSCast: Episode 10 ... To G1 or Not to G1

---------------------------------------------------------------

Have a GREAT weekend! Cya on the 'Stacks

-c2

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Great week in review.

Thanks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Great review. I look forward to hearing your reports from CTIA. Have a safe trip, and have fun!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks C, can't wait to hear about CTIA...good stuff is coming!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nice job as always, Cherri! Safe travels to you, Hayden and all the other CTIA attendees! Looking forward to your reports from the scene!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Just curious, who else from Pinstack is going to CTIA?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ill be here to wellcome you c, and all other stacker coming to las vegas
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    next week is gonna be great! sweet review as always!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for another great one C.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    awesome information... as always...
    i see RED...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks for the review, wish I was attending, I will be in Vegas as well it appears anyway

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

miberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks cherrichiodo, good review to read for my weekend.
    And god creates the BlackBerry.

Simply revolutionize

http://mindberry.net

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/luongdat

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Nice review cherri-time to catch up!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

RicClark no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have an 8350i. Can someone advise me on how to stop the green light from blinking?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicClark View Post
    I have an 8350i. Can someone advise me on how to stop the green light from blinking?
    If you go to Options/Screen & Keyboard and change LED Coverage Indicator to "Off"
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~