TGIF!!! If you are a BlackBerry user, you have to be drooling over the leaked ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

Thumbs up PinStack Week in Review: Smartphone News, Reviews for September 11, 2009

TGIF!!! If you are a BlackBerry user, you have to be drooling over the leaked images of the new 9700 Bold. Slated to be launched on T-Mobile, and now today screenshots emerged showing a Rogers release as well. I have to say congrats to the TMO subscribers ... its been a long time coming for a new device from the folks at RIM. Also in BB news, the leak of the new Desktop Manager for Mac. I have also been extremely excited about this bit of information, but after reading the forums, decided to opt out for an official release before I go installing it on my precious Macbook Palm showed this week that they have HUGE plans to take over the smartphone world by announcing the release of the Pre's little brother, the Pixi. While the Pixi can do everything his big brother can do, he is thinner in design and weighs a tad bit less. Still no wifi and still sporting only a 2mp camera, this is the Pre without the slide out keyboard.

BlackBerry Rumors & News
    Desktop Manager for Mac leaks
    First Official BlackBerry "Bold 9700/Onyx" (T-Mobile) Image
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 and Curve 8520 show up in Rogers upgrade system

iPhone Rumors & News
    Half of All iPhone Users Do Mobile Banking Today

Palm OS Rumors & News
    Sprint Offers $99 Palm Pre
    Palm Introduces the Pixi

Windows Mobile Rumors & News

Android Rumors & News
    Android Market Now Over 10,000 Apps
    HTC Tattoo to be first customizable Android handset
    LG Demos Mysterious Android Smartphone

Other Smartphone Rumors & News
    T-Mobile and Orange to merge
    Sprint Offers Unlimited Everything For $69 A Month
    AT&T's New A-List Program
    Ads, Apps, & Updates

Smartphone Applications/Accessories
    Flickr Finally Goes Native With iPhone App
    Despite having one of the most popular online photo services in the world, Flickr has done things the hard way on the iPhone. That is to say, for browsing photos they’ve made you go through their optimized website, and for uploading you had to do it through email. Both worked fine, but were not as seamless as a native iPhone application. Now they have that as well. Yahoo’s Flickr app has just gone live in the App Store. After only a little bit of time using it, I can tell that I’m going to like it. The main screen is a fairly mesmerizing slideshow of photos from your contacts on Flickr. There is an upload button that is easily accessible right on the main page, and the upload process is nice and easy. You can obviously name your picture and give it a description, but you can also easily manage what set to put it in, and what tags to give it. And the privacy settings are very clearly displayed on the upload page. iTunes Link:

Facebook For Android Released
    Ok folks, I teased you several weeks ago with the rumors of an upcoming FB app for the Android community and today, it's here. The application is now up and available for download from the Android Market. The official statement from Facebook concerning the app is, "Facebook for Android™ makes it easy to stay connected and share information with friends. You can share status updates from your home screen, check out your news feed, look at your friends’ walls and user info. Share photos from your phone and can even look up up to 125 friends’ phone numbers from the home screen." Be sure to go here to grab the app, search for Facebook in the Market, or scan the barcode.

Yahoo! Released Finance and Fantasy Football Apps for iPhone & BlackBerry

Y! Finance available for the BlackBerry 8900, 9000, and 9630 and the iPhone/iPod Touch: "You’ve come to expect the highest quality financial coverage from Yahoo! Finance. Now you can get it all in an app built for you. Ranging from broad market indices to the details on a specific commodity, it’s all here. This app has something for everyone, no matter what your need of financial detail may be." I can't test it on my BlackBerry since my device is not compatible, but the iPhone version looks good and it's a great way to keep track of the financial world on-the-go!

Yahoo! Fantasy Football '09 also limited to the BlackBerry 8900, 9000, and 9630 and the iPhone/iPod Touch: "Stay on top of your team wherever you are with the Yahoo! Fantasy Football ’09 app for BlackBerry. From checking league and player stats to making changes to your roster, the Y! Fantasy Football ’09 app brings this season right to the palm of your hand." For all you crazy football fans you now have a great mobile way to track and manage your fantasy football team.

Pandora Has Now Launched an Android App
    Pandora has now launched an Android application, and it’s pretty darn cool. Unlike the new Facebook for Android, it doesn’t skimp on features. In fact, it’s the first mobile Pandora application that integrates with the built in music player so that you can create stations from the artists and songs in your local collection. It also integrates with the Android home screen widget system.

Google Voice App For Palm Pre
    It looks like it isn't just bluster from Palm when it comes to thinking differently about its app approval policy. Besides taking a pretty healthy stance on applications that deviate from its current standards, today 10 new titles have shown up for download... a Google Voice app being one of them. gDial Pro, a piece of software which started its life as a homebrew application, is now an official part of the beta store. The program lets you access Google Voice's full feature set (including a dialer), and no one seems very bothered by it. Here's hoping Palm keeps up the flow of new software to the Catalog (they're eating for two now) and they keep a healthy distance from rejection letters.

Vringo + Marvel Entertainment = Superhero Video Ringtones

Vringo, the next-generation ringtone pioneer, has collaborated with Marvel Entertainment to create and distribute mobile videos and video ringtones based on Marvel's legendary library of Super Heroes. The store features editable raw footage and pre-cut video ringtones from newer Marvel properties like the animated Wolverine & The X-Men, and classics like theme songs from the fan-favorite animated 1966 Marvel Super Heroes series, with new content coming each month. All Marvel fans with video-ready phones can use the store to view and send bite-sized Marvel videos to their devices. Fans with Vringo application-compatible phones can take it to the next level, turning their clips into video ringtones and taking advantage of Vringo's VringForward technology, which lets them choose which Super Hero (or villain) they want their friends to see when they call. Fans can visit to get their first mobile video free and additional clips will be priced at USD $2.00. The Vringo application is available for BlackBerry Bold, Symbian, Windows Mobile and J2ME devices, with support for additional platforms coming later this year.

Socialtext Mobile Brings Enterprise Social Software to SmartPhone Devices
    Socialtext, today announced the availability of Socialtext Mobile, a web-based mobile version of the Socialtext platform that allows users to connect and collaborate within their workspaces while on the go. Socialtext Mobile provides a seamless user interface (UI) across smartphone devices, allowing for constant connectivity and collaboration. Socialtext Mobile automatically detects when you are logging on from a mobile phone and provides an optimized mobile application. Socialtext Mobile is currently in Beta, with support enabled for Blackberry, iPhone and Android devices.

PinStacker Reviews

Review: Landscape Tweeting! for iPhone and iPod Touch
    : Definitely worth the $1.99, especially for those who love landscape mode and seeing things big and clear.
    Pros: Nice UI, tons of options, customizable font sizes and theme colors, post status to facebook and twitter if you wish, support for two twitter accounts, create a focus group for your favorite tweeters and much more.
    Cons: Couple crashes but new version just released seems better, still far fewer crashes than the other twitter apps I have used. No option to get more tweets, can't just tap links from list view, but requires 2-3 taps. In favorites, you can't view profiles or access links, this is the biggest thing I would like fixed.
    Price: $1.99
    Overall Rating: I give it 4 stars, needs a few tweaks, but still a favorite
    Compatible Devices: iPhone or iPod Touch running OS 3.0

Have a GREAT weekend! Keep on Stackin'

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Another great WIR, thanks Cherri!

Carpe Diem!!

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    Drooling is a very good word. I haven't been this anxious since late 2008 when all the 8900 info was floating around.
    BlackBerry8900/ Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100