If you listened to last week's PScast you would have found out that I am ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: Smartphone News, Reviews for May 1, 2009

Advertisement

If you listened to last week's PScast you would have found out that I am sporting a brand new white 16gb iPhone 3G now I know, don't hate me. I am not a traitor... just someone who is curious. So far it's been a love/hate relationship. I feel like me and my BlackBerry broke up abruptly and I jumped into a relationship with the iPhone on a rebound I miss some things about my BlackBerry, but I also like the "new" factor of my iPhone (I've been using a BlackBerry exclusively for going on 4 years). Only time will tell ... well, time = 30 days.

BlackBerry Rumors & News
    Research in Motion’s Co-CEO Files for Sale of 4 Million Shares
    Skyfire Web Browser on the Way to BlackBerry!
    BlackBerry 9630 to be BlackBerry Tour?
    CNET: How I got my BlackBerry Bold for $30

iPhone Rumors & News
    Google Product Search for Android and iPhone
    Why AT&T Wants to Keep the iPhone away from Verizon
    Amazon Buys Maker Of iPhone E-Book Reader
    iPhone App Developers Threaten To Sue Apple Over Late Payments
    Could Apple Secretly Be Working On An iPhone Camcorder?
    Want To Avoid Swine Flu? There's An App For That Too
    Google just put ninjas into your iPhone

Windows Mobile Rumors & News
    Acer DX900 dual-SIM Windows smartphone

Palm OS Rumors & News
    Palm Pre: screen shots, sightings, and other rumors
    New Palm Pre WebOS screenshots

Android Rumors & News
    Android “cupcake” 1.5 has arrived for T-Mobile G1s
    Google Product Search for Android and iPhone
    Cupcake for G1? Looks like May
    Samsung Presents The i7500, its First Android Smartphone

Other Smartphone Rumors & News
    doubleTwist 2.0 -- "iTunes for all your gadgets"
    New Apple Gizmos Coming to Exclusively to Verizon?
    Microsoft Denies Secret Smartphone Talks with Verizon

---------------------------------------------------------

Smartphone Applications/Accessories

Lenovo Constant Connect for BlackBerry
    In February, Lenovo announced a new product called Constant Connect, that lets IBM ThinkPad laptop users with BlackBerry smartphones employ a Bluetooth-enabled ExpressCard to synchronize corporate e-mail between their notebooks and smartphones--even if those computers are powered off. Today, the company informed me that Constant Connect is now available for purchase.

The Iterative Webapp - Gmail for mobile (iPhone & Android) Gets Mute
    On April 7th, Google announced a new version of Gmail for mobile for iPhone and Android-powered devices. Among the improvements was a complete redesign of the web application's underlying code which allows them to more rapidly develop and release new features that users have been asking for, as explained in their first post. Google today announced "The Iterative Webapp", a series where they will continue to release features for Gmail for mobile. First new feature: Mute.

Case-mate: Get dressed or get naked?
    Signature Case/Holster Combo for the BlackBerry 9500 Storm & 8900 Curve
    premium italian leather
    form fitting design
    impact resistant shell
    screen protection kit included

Naked Case for the BlackBerry 8900 Curve
    2-piece polycarbonate casing
    sturdy "click-snap" back closure

PinStacker Reviews

REVIEW: iSkin solo for the iPhone
    I've made a few posts here and there about iSkin since meeting them at MacWorld in January. Honestly, I was jealous that they didn't make skins for the BlackBerry. I am no longer jealous

From the website:
    Delivering fashionable everyday protection against impact, scratches, dirt, dust, and everyday hazards, the form-fitting solo and solo FX are also hot/cold temperature resistant, odorless, and available in a range of stunning high-gloss color options

Product: solo or solo FX
    Price: solo = $29.99 US or solo FX = $32.99 US
    Shipping: $4.99 (to US from Canada) ** I ordered mine on Sunday and it arrived today (Wednesday)
    Rating: 5 out of 5

Review: BerryPopup from Bellshare
    REVIEW: After a fun and sometimes aggravating week in Beta Testing by the members of the Pinstack community, this great application is being released by Bellshare. It allows you to view your incoming email and sms messages in a Customized preview pane. You can also Reply To, Forward and Delete your email messages without going into your inbox. SMS messages can be replied to from the Popup window as well. This application works well with BerryBuzz and the soon to be released SmartAlerts from BellShare. There are even rumors of a possible link with BerryWeather *fingers crossed*.

PinStack Private Betas, Contest Giveaways & Discount Codes

Reply To Enter: BerryPopup - New BlackBerry App Giveaway, 25 Free Copies!

The BerryPopup Winners are!!!

PScast: Episode 13 ... Who Moved My Cheese?

This episode includes:
    WIR recap
    Site Announcements
    Smartphone Discussions

Episode 13
    low bitrate (9mb) -- download straight from your BB browser
    standard bitrate (43mb) -- don't forget accessible on your Berry thru Opera Mini

Link to add feed to Podcast

Listen on iTunes (if you are subscribed to the podcast, then it will update in itunes automatically)

Be sure and listen in the upcoming weeks for iPhone and G1 device/apps reviews from both Gary and myself ...

Have a GREAT weekend ya'll

-c2
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 05-01-2009 at 04:59 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Great review Cherri! Thanks again for all the time you take to do this!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Hey Cherri. Hope you begin to really enjoy your iphone. I've used every kind of smartphone out there and keep coming back to the blackberry. Are you using that me.com mail that offers push email on the iphone. A friend of mine has it and loves it. If the iphone had background notifications for instant messenging I would be all over it. Keep us posted as to how it's going.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Hey Cherri. Hope you begin to really enjoy your iphone. I've used every kind of smartphone out there and keep coming back to the blackberry. Are you using that me.com mail that offers push email on the iphone. A friend of mine has it and loves it. If the iphone had background notifications for instant messenging I would be all over it. Keep us posted as to how it's going.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    i've been told that once i jailbreak it, some of the things i'm missing will work. also, with iphone 3.0 coming out soon, the rest will prob be addressed. i've been reading up on doing the jailbreak, but i think i will prob wait until i decide whether i will be keeping the whitey or not