TGIF!! (and its almost over by the time of my posting .. sigh, where does ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

PinStack Week in Review: Smartphone News, Reviews for June 12, 2009

TGIF!! (and its almost over by the time of my posting .. sigh, where does the day go?) I think the biggest news to come out in the smartphone world this week is the announcement of the new iPhone 3G S. The biggest "WOW" from this announcement is that its not a "we are launching this really cool device in six months and here's a teaser" but rather "OMG OMG its going to be available in less than a week and pre-orders are already being accepted!!". It's always the long engagement that deters my interests; the premature excitement long gone after having to wait FORever for something Will I get the new iPhone? Probably not, but I definitely look forward to some interesting reviews very very soon.

BlackBerry Rumors & News
    Review: Facebook v1.6 for BlackBerry

iPhone Rumors & News
    AT&T to Offer iPhone 3G S on June 19
    T-Mobile Accidentally Posts Secret iPhone 3G S Specs
    Apple’s iPhone Security Gets Better, But Still Not BlackBerry Strong

Palm OS Rumors & News
    Pre can deliver the goods
    Jon Rubinstein Appointed CEO of Palm

Nokia News

Android Rumors & News

Other Smartphone Rumors & News
    Bad text messaging, e-mailing manners can be costly

Smartphone Applications/Accessories

Yellow Pages Mobile for BlackBerry & iPhone
    Discover poplular local events in your hometown or in locations you're visiting, from concerts, games and plays to festivals and community affairs. With events added daily in hundreds of towns and metros, the options are endless. You can also find the most popluar Yellow Pages businesses, scan ratings, read reviews, get maps and access useful business details. Reportedly only available on select ATT devices, but confirmed working on a TMO 8900 (screenshots). I can personally vouch that it DOES NOT work on my 9530 on the ATT network. I received a page that said "your device is unsupported".

Download Shortcovers for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone or Pre
    Add eBook Reader to the long list of features for the highly-anticipated Palm Pre phone. Shortcovers by Indigo Books & Music, Inc. today announced the service will available on the newest phone from Palm, the Palm Pre. Shortcovers ( is an integrated online and mobile service that provides access to eBooks from any mobile device. Shortcovers’ catalogue of popular books includes titles from major publishers including Random House, Harper Collins, Hachette, Simon & Schuster, Penguin and Harlequin. “We’re excited to make Shortcovers available on Palm Pre. Pre’s high resolution screen and innovative design make it a great eReading choice for consumers,” said Michael Serbinis, President of Shortcovers. “We are committed to providing eBooks to consumers on the mobile device they already own.”

Tired of long lines at Disney? Now, there's an app for that
    From the Orlando Sentinel: "Like most people, Brent Pope of Jacksonville gets annoyed by long lines at Walt Disney World. So after Pope, 44, was laid off from his job at an ad agency few months ago, he decided to do something about it. He developed "Wait Times" — an iPhone application that will tell you how long the lines are at the Magic Kingdom. Approved for sale by Apple on Tuesday, the "app" depends on other users to supply wait-time information. They choose from a list of rides and then enter or view the wait for that ride. The more information people report, the more useful Pope's 99-cent app becomes."

iSkin Debuts Vibes & VibesFX for BlackBerry
    Taking its styling cues from the successful iSkin solo/solo FX for iPhone, the iSkin Vibes/Vibes FX are form-fitting BodyGuards that perfectly encapsulate the BlackBerry and shields it from everyday hazards. Its impressive list of design and protective features includes: a protective ultra-clear screen film, built-in button and port coverage, and a non-slip surface finish that feels comfortable and helps stabilize the device when placed on angled surfaces. It’s also the first product of its kind to feature Microban antimicrobial protection (to inhibit the growth of odor and stain causing bacteria on the product).

Opera Mobile 9.7 beta is ready to rev up your phone
    Opera Mobile 9.7 beta is now available to accelerate the mobile browsing experience for Windows Mobile-based phones. Speed is at the heart of this beta release due to the addition of Opera’s recently launched technology for faster surfing, Opera Turbo. Opera has also included its newly upgraded browser engine, called Opera Presto 2.2, for faster page loads and better overall performance. With the added bonus of Opera Widgets, Opera Mobile 9.7 gets you the Web content you want in fewer clicks and less time.

Nectar Accessories for iPhone and BlackBerry Featured on GMA
    The nation caught a sneak peek at Nectar Accessories' brand new Cell Phone Purse as CEO Renee Cleary was featured on Thursday morning during Good Morning America on ABC. Providing "functional fashion" for the mobile lifestyle, Nectar incorporates its Cell Phone Window that allows the phone's keypad or touch screen to be viewed and used from the outside of the handbag. View caller id, emails and texts while the phone remains secure in the bag. The Cell Phone Window is universal and works with iPhone, BlackBerry, and flip phone products. The Cell Phone Purse retails from $100 - $250.

Software lets you turn your iPhone or Blackberry into a very expensive pen
    Worldmate Live launched for iPhone

PinStacker Reviews

Review: Slim line pull strap leather case for Bold and 8900
    Review: Facebook v1.6 for BlackBerry

PScast: Episode 18 ... Weekly Catch-Up -- Facebook finally released 1.6!

This episode includes:
    WIR recap
    Site Announcements (Top Posters Contest)
    Smartphone Discussions

Episode 18
    standard bitrate (24mb) -- don't forget accessible on your Berry thru Opera Mini
    low bitrate (12mb) -- accessible through default BlackBerry browser

Link to add feed to Podcast

Listen on iTunes (if you are subscribed to the podcast, then it will update in itunes automatically)

Have a GREAT weekend! Cya on the 'Stacks

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    ask me
    nice review Cherri, i've already ordered an iskin for my blackberry
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)