I know we are all very anxious sitting on the news that the US release ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: Product Updates, Free Downloads and MORE!

Advertisement

I know we are all very anxious sitting on the news that the US release of the Bold is just next week, not to mention that come Wednesday morning we will have a new President (well, sort of) but I am thankful that this week has been quiet.

Its been a little over a week since I switched from the 8310 to the 8220. I can say that aside from re-acclimating myself to SureType has been the only challenge. I figured out that Google Maps KNOWS my location, so no missing the internal GPS -- or the telenav subscription (note to self, call ATT to cancel that ). I hope BSE comes out with an external skin for this baby soon, as I can only do so much protecting (I did manage to get the old pearl skin cut to fit the internal screen).

New Applications

Qik Announces Alpha video streaming service for BlackBerry Smartphones
    Qik, a free service that lets you stream live video to the Internet from mobile devices, today announced alpha support for BlackBerry devices. Using the BlackBerry Pearl 8120 or 8130, or the BlackBerry Bold users can stream live events to their friends at home and even chat with them in real time as the video is broadcasting. Curve and Pearl Flip owners are out of luck for the moment, but Qik promises support for these devices very soon. To use the new service you'll need BlackBerry OS 4.5 or higher.

Napster Mobile Expands Availability to More Than 13 Million AT&T Customers
    Napster and AT&T Inc. announced the availability of Napster Mobile to more than 13 million AT&T customers, a significant expansion of the service. Napster Mobile lets music fans use their handsets to search, browse and download music from Napster's collection of more than 6 million songs -- the industry's largest catalog.

myBoxTone Expert for BlackBerry: Lower Support costs, Boost User Experience
    Purpose‐built for mobile users, myBoxTone Expert is an application installed on your BlackBerry smartphone that silently monitors the health and performance of your smartphone. It proactively warns you of any risks or pending problems and provides simple step‐by‐step instructions so that you can resolve problems yourself – without a call to the Help Desk or service provider. And when the problem cannot be resolved on your smartphone, myBoxTone Expert includes remote troubleshooting capabilities to enable the Help Desk or service provider to quickly diagnose and resolve your problem.

In the News

T-Mobile Becomes Less Budget, Increases Price on Data Plans
    Before T-Mobile customers start cheering for the long-awaited 3G services which began rolling out earlier this year, they might want to stop and think twice as rumors surface that T-Mobile plans to increase their data packages as early as the beginning of November. The cost of supporting the 3G network is now being passed on to consumers.

IT managers impressed with BlackBerry Storm... Enterprise & Consumer Ready
    Sour economy may hurt wireless market
    AT&T BlackBerry Customers: Free Access to Nation's Largest Wi-Fi Network
    BlackBerry Storm gets hip LA launch party

Beta/Updated Applications

Truphone Launches Beta Low-Priced International Call Service For Blackberry
    Truphone Anywhere brings simple, easy and cheap international calling to up to 40 million BlackBerry users across the world. Truphone Anywhere works in 33 countries worldwide. It saves BlackBerry users from those countries money on the international calls they make from their home country. The service works alongside domestic service providers, but reduces international call costs to as little as Ł0.03/$0.06 per minute.

BEIKS releases significant update of its Italian-English dictionary

New Themes (FREE Download)
    83XX Android 2.0 Animated
    Bold Invert L 83xx OS 4.5
    81xx Redeyeseries (revamped) NEED Testers!!!
    83xx: Bold Carbon Flick'nSlide OS4.5 w/Thanks to pdxmatts

FREE Halloween themes!!
    Animated Custom 81xx OS 4.5 Haunted House
    81xx: werewolf theme
    83xx Its Halloween Zen
    83xx: Halloween Custom Theme (2 Versions)
    83xx/88xx OTA: Spooked
    81xx: Halloween Custom Theme - Per Request
    halloween 81xx 4.5 today plus
    halloween

Have a SAFE weekend everyone!

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    The t-mobile stuff is interesting, I think I may call a csr just to get some more complete info.

The Android 2 is not a free theme, btw.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    If you are looking for immediate protection for you Blackberry Flip, this might help:
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

A little pricey, but it will keep you flip protected.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rinne View Post
    The Android 2 is not a free theme, btw.
    there is a free version ...

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    If you are looking for immediate protection for you Blackberry Flip, this might help:
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

A little pricey, but it will keep you flip protected.
    thanks moses...it is a little pricey, but i ordered just the outside (14.95+tax so they must be in cali) since i got the pearl bse to fit the screen. i already dropped it once and got a tiny scratch.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great review as always. Were almost there on the 4th, for the Bold and President. We have been waiting forever... lol

The MyBoxTone Expert program is good also.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    always great to know what is going down
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks Cherri for the Week in Review...

kalel434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thank u

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    there is a free version ...
    It's a sample, to test, but not for real use, unless you don't mind the big SAMPLE in your face.