This was sure to be a BOLD week, with carrier launches popping up everywhere . ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: Product Launches, Application Updates and MORE!

Advertisement

This was sure to be a BOLD week, with carrier launches popping up everywhere. RIM officially released the new Desktop Manager version 4.6 to the masses, available with or without Media Manager. If you haven't downloaded yet, whatcha waiting for? The best part of this week, hands down is the announcement from hayden that RIM made updates to the Device Software 4.6 features and enhancements page. All I can say is WOW! I am sooo excited and cannot wait for the Bold to be released in the US. Media enhancements include: support for inline video streaming in the browser application, improved full screen picture preview screen and making the video camera application accessible from the camera icon (just to name a few). I don't know about you guys, but they haven't even released 4.5 OFFICIALLY here in the US yet, so I can't help but wonder how long after the release of the BOLD will the actual OS be released.

Are you never in the office? Not enough time to sit down at the desk and figure out accounts payable/receivable, etc for your small business? No worries. Intuit, Inc. announced this week the integration of QuickBooks Online and your Blackberry. You can check current balances on accounts, track payables, and run balance sheets and profit/loss reports.

GaryF reviewed a new website called SkyDeck. Skydeck is a web-based application that helps you keep track of your cell phone calls and text messages. Check who called you yesterday and how long it's been since you spoke. Turn that dry list of numbers in your call log and phone bill into a map of your relationships with friends, colleagues, and customers. You'll never forget a call again. Currently its only available in the USA for AT&T, Verizon, TMO, and Sprint customers.

Verizon leaked information this week on the launch of their new Blackberry device(s) ... is it the Thunder? or is it the Storm? I guess we will have to wait until they are actually on sale in the stores to be for sure? Also from Verizon, by way of Los Angeles, celebrities came out for a HOT launch party for the new Pink 8330 Curve. Celebs are addicts just like us

Are you an IT admin? In charge of all the Blackberry devices in your company? Tired of having your users call you up with very simple device questions? From the guys who brought you Blackberry Made Simple Videos for your PC, Blakcberry Made Simple for your Blackberry Device, available now for download. Get the training for your users straight on the device. All of the answers needed, right at the tip of your thumbs. Priceless for a company who deploys many but only employs one IT admin.

The very poplular GMail (application) was updated this week to version 2.0.5. Some new features in the update include: the ability to have multiple accounts saved and switch between without having to re-enter username and password, to be able to select, copy, cut & paste and also the ability to save more than one mobile draft. Ascendo Money version 3 - Personal Finance Manager was released as a new update as well, with new feature updates to include: reports, bar graphs and pie charts, budget management and analysis, and forecasting account balances to avoid overdrafts.

So many new free themes are being developed and released by our very own stackers every week that there is NO way to include them all. Everything from Dark Knight, Knight Rider and Finding Nemo to your favorite sports teams or colleges. Some theme builders are even taking requests for customizing already made themes or making new ones based on thread requests. Be sure to thank all that have honored us with their theme creations.

Last, but not least .. Are you looking to develop applications for Blackberry devices? Have you signed up for the Blackberry Developers Conference, being held in my sunny state of California (Santa Clara to be exact)? Get an introduction to the BlackBerry Java Development Environment (BlackBerry JDE) and Java APIs. Get more familiar with using the BlackBerry Bbrowser and third party developer tools for mobilizing applications. Save $200 by registering BEFORE August 31st (that's Sunday).

Have a FUN and SAFE Labor Day Weekend!
    Wear tons of sunscreen!

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Good recap of the week. There's some good stuff in there!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Yea, lots of good stuff this week. Should be even hotter when they announce the Bold in the US.

fuentes01a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188C681
    Thanks cheeri, once again great way to finish the week.

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Great news brief.. I look forward to these each week.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    Cherri -

This is the first time I have seen the weekly recap. As someone who travels a lot I think this is a great idea.

Thanks again!

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Bravo bravo....... And the crowd goes wild! Good stuff! ~via BB8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Gotta try that Skydeck! Thanks
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

lbdagreat no está en línea Stack level 2

lbdagreat no está en línea Stack level 2
    First time user to pinstack and this is one of those sites dat make BB owners, never look back

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Thanks again for all that you do Cherri. Very much appreciated

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Darn. I wish I had read this BEFORE spending 8 hours sailing on Georgian Bay without sunscreen or a hat. Welcome to a sunburnt shaved head!

Great update.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Being a redhead and all, I carry spf 85 in my purse. The sun is not your friend...

Thanks for the kudos guys Ya'll are too cool. I'm glad you like the recap.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just downloaded the gmail app and I'm going to try it shortly. Thanks Cherri!