With all the NEW information surrounding the release of the Storm, I am seriously contemplating ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: NEW Device Updates, Downloads and MORE!

Advertisement

With all the NEW information surrounding the release of the Storm, I am seriously contemplating jumping the AT&T ship to Verizon. My curve has been a GREAT device and if it weren't for all the tempting new blackberries on the market or in sight, I'd be content with it. But ... I can't deny my addiction

NEW Device Information
    Blackberry Storm:
    The Ultimate BlackBerry Storm & 3G Apple iPhone side by side Comparison
    Complete Vodafone/Verizon BlackBerry Storm Specifications & Features
    Blackberry Storm User Guide
    Vodafone Storm Launch Video
    New Verizon BlackBerry Storm viral video
    Telus says "Keep your eye on the Storm" their BlackBerry Storm coming soon!
    BlackBerry Takes the World by Storm with Verizon and Vodafone
    Vodafone puts up nice Interactive BlackBerry Storm Web page
    BlackBerry Storm Hands On, Latest Links, Photos, Videos, News Updates &....
    Five (5) New or Improved Features of RIM's BlackBerry Storm
    See Reactions to the New BlackBerry Storm
    RIM's Jim Balsillie on how the BlackBerry Storm measures against the iPhone
    Blackberry Kickstart:
    Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220
    Blackberry Curve 8900:
    BlackBerry Curve 8900, Better Screen resolution (480x360) vs Bold (480x320)

New Downloads

BBsnap.com - BlackBerry online wallpaper creator (free)
    Easily create and share wallpapers for BlackBerry devices. You can do it right from your web browser for free (no registration, installation etc. required).

Viigo Mobile Conference Guide at the BlackBerry Developer Conference
    RIM has partnered with Viigo to make it easier than ever to schedule your time and stay up-to-date with news and information while you’re at the BlackBerry Developer Conference. Use the Viigo Mobile Conference Guide on your BlackBerry smartphone to access your conference schedule and look up session details and sponsors. Viigo will automatically update you when there are schedule changes, and it synchronizes with your own calendar and the My Scheduler tool.

Product Updates

Trapster gets an update
    When you see a trap, report it by pressing a button on your phone, or calling a toll free number. Other user's phones will alert them as they approach the trap. Trapster learns the credibility of traps based on how many users agree. It also learns the credibility of each user, over time.

Instango Developers Looking for PinStack Beta Testers for Version 0.68.40
    instango is a mobile messaging service that you download from your mobile phone for free. Download it just like you download music or a ringtone. Start chatting in minutes!

ALL NEW Vlingo 2.0 Closed Beta Launched! - Download Now, Feedback Wanted.
    Vlingo is currently looking for active BlackBerry users in the US, Canada and the UK to test the latest features and functionality of our voice-powered application. Be one of the first users to try it out and have direct input into how the product evolves. Sign up now!

SmrtGuard Product Beta/Trials
    New in PeeKaWho - v1.159
    - SMS popup showing sender address book name instead of number
    - Followup! Integration (you can followup to emails from the popup, but you need to install FollowUp! as well, see below)
    - SMS on/off
    - Backlight on when popup arrives

TwitterBerry 0.7 Beta 4 Available for Download
    TwitterBerry is mobile client for posting updates to Twitter. It works over the data network, so you don't need to use SMS. Some new features include Polling support, accessible from the Options menu, Cache more tweets - Caching up to 200 of the latest tweets in your friends timeline, replies timeline, and direct messages, reload timelines from the screen, without opening and closing, improved network requests, only loading new tweets since last request, multiple bug fixes

OS Updates (and more)
    OFFICIAL: Rogers OS v4.5.0.81 (8310 & 8320)
    Official Release: Bold OS 4.6.0.162 [Hong Kong CSL]
    BlackBerry 4.7 JDE now available! (Storm OS)
    Develop for the BlackBerry Storm! New BlackBerry JDE & Simulators Available

Have a GREAT weekend!
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 10-10-2008 at 05:17 PM.

kocibo no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great review.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks Cherri for the Week In Review, it'll take all weekend to get through it.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    With all the NEW information surrounding the release of the Storm, I am seriously contemplating jumping the AT&T ship to Verizon. My curve has been a GREAT device and if it weren't for all the tempting new blackberries on the market or in sight, I'd be content with it. But ... I can't deny my addiction
    Have a GREAT weekend!
    I must admit if feels like you are reading my mind. I was a Verizon customer in the past and did not expect to return, even as recently as earlier this week, however the pull is getting stronger as the Bold fades into the distance of my rear view mirror.

Wow.... Cherri, I've said it before and I'm going to say it again, YOU have, and continue to do, a fantastic job of writing and creating wonderful articles for all of us lucky PinStack members along with those who are finding this site for the very first time. I am continually amazed at the pace at which you are evolving into a first class reporter of all things BlackBerry.

Your headline article "PinStack Week In Review" began as one of the articles that I enjoyed reading on a Saturday morning. It has now turned into _The_ First_ Article_ that I Rush To Read, coffee in hand, on Saturday morning. I find it compelling, comprehensive, enjoyable and incredibly important. Like everyone else I'm really busy during the week and do not always have the opportunity to stay as up to date as I might wish in the world of BlackBerrys. Now I know that I can count on your "PinStack Week in Review" to bring me up to date and in the know.

Thanks Cherri, and you enjoy your weekend!

archer

mjkone no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Oh that was some serious butt kissing. Barf.

blackberryjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great review...Thanx...

poopc4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also never thougt I would be going back to verizon. I however am questioning now if I will be staying. The bigest problem I don't know if I should atribute to thew network or to the cdma curve. But my call quality on my t-mo 8320 was better than my 8330 I have been using for the past 3 weeks. Monday I will be going back to a prepaid while I await the storm. Call quality or not, it is the screens realestatw tht has made up my mind for me.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by poopc4 View Post
    I also never thougt I would be going back to verizon. I however am questioning now if I will be staying. The bigest problem I don't know if I should atribute to thew network or to the cdma curve. But my call quality on my t-mo 8320 was better than my 8330 I have been using for the past 3 weeks. Monday I will be going back to a prepaid while I await the storm. Call quality or not, it is the screens realestatw tht has made up my mind for me.
    Here's my take when it comes to carriers, as I've used them all and long enough to give them a fair evaluation. First one should pick the best carrier, and not go to them for the device. After all your call quality is important and so is connectivity. That said, I am fortunate to live in a city where they all work quite well. And yet I travel quite a bit for both work and pleasure and AT&T has been the very best hands down. So for me to migrate one of my lines to Verizon just to get the Storm, I must remind myself that I can only use it locally. That in itself is not a problem as I have two lines, the other is T-Mobile. So I could sacrifice T-Mo and go (back) to Verizon. Frankly at this point, I'm going to challenge myself to be patient (who am I kidding..) and try and wait until they are selling and the feedback is showing up here in the forum as to how well the phone is working and what if any bugs there are.....

Did I just say I would wait?.....

Cheers

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by poopc4 View Post
    my son and i were just discussing this today, as he saw the new commercial for the storm on television and asked if i would be getting it (he wants a hand-me-down BB sooo bad ) i had to explain to him that the reason (and ONLY reason) why i stay with ATT is because of the service. i am not sure how verizon is here in my area, but do know that a tmo phone or a sprint phone will have ZERO signal in my house and on some of the back roads that i take (i have had sprint in the past and friends also on tmo). signal/service are VERY important to me as i don't plan on moving anytime soon. with that said, i may visit a local verizon store and let the reps earn their paycheck by discussing these concerns they may just turn me into a verizon customer ... we'll see.