RIM announced TWO big contests this week! Register to win $50,000 in their Graduate to ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: Free Downloads, Product Updates and MORE!

Advertisement

RIM announced TWO big contests this week! Register to win $50,000 in their Graduate to Blackberry promotion OR a 2009 Lincoln MKS in the WinWithBlackBerry.com giveaway. And those are just the grand prizes! Other prizes include BlackBerry smartphones and more cash!

The Bold releases continued this week with a possiblity of maybe an ATT release in sight? Announced this week, we'll be seeing an official US release of OS 4.5 from ATT this month not to mention a new 8320 wi-fi Curve. Hopefully there won't be anymore issues with their 3g network after the Bold release.

Popular speech recognition application vlingo announced the opening of thier private beta to the general bb public. The biggest advancements in vlingo 1.1 are the ability to forward & reply to emails and text messages, and better connection handling. Let me just say that this application is probably the coolest one I have seen in awhile but boy do I get a lot of stares when I am using it in public.

BBSmart Alarms Pro released an update, version 1.23. Some changes include: can now pick different colors for each alarm, can change snooze time on the fly and reduced battery impact. If you have this already on your BB, you can upgrade through the About screen. Shape Services also released updates to their very HOT all in one IM+ and IM+ for Skype.

Are you someone who saves every email and/or txt message? Or maybe you need to save and archive your SMS/TXT messages for business reasons. Dexrex is the free add-on for archiving IM & SMS text. Sign in with your screen name, download the plugin, and start saving your world one message at a time.

Are you the BES Admin at your office? Ever trouble-shoot or give tech support over the phone? LogMeIn announce today they will be previewing their new product LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile for Blackberry at this month's CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & Entertainment 2008 in San Francisco. Anyone responsible for supporting BlackBerry smartphones will be able to access, control, diagnose, troubleshoot and even train users on those devices via a secure remote connection.

If you haven't already sent a request to join PinStack's Linkedin Group, what are you waiting for? It's Linkedin's LARGEST BlackBerry Professionals Group! Each week new downloads are added to the PinStack Download section. Be sure to check out the free apps, themes, ringtones and more! Also, if you haven't bookmarked this blog, you should right now. Jdellasalla is to thank for keeping us up to date on all the latest OS releases for all of the BlackBerry devices as well as his very famous JerryD's Mini (not mini anymore ) Version Tracker, complete with updated versions of all the popular apps...and then some. Thanks Jerry!!!

How badly do you want a Bold? Bad enough to pay $1,300? Five lucky New Yorkers (who believe money is no object when it comes to BlackBerry) are now the proud owners of a new baby Bold. Hey guys, if you are reading this, congrats!! BlackBerry addiction has no price limit We all can relate.

Have a GREAT weekend!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thx Cherri!

LewisSecure no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you are part of an organisation where you are concerned with the security of your data and have concerns with business related text messages being archived outside of your infrastructure, it is important to look at finding a way to keep the data inhouse.

We have been looking at GWAVA Retain for BlackBerry. We like the fact that we can have our SMS and PIN messages archived where our email is being archived and at the same time decide which users will have access to the information.

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    wow! $1300 FOR A FREAKING PHONE. THAT'S CRAZY!
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~but it's one helluva nice device...

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    You got to pay the cost to have it first. Those guys $1300 was the interest they earned from their account that day.

Outstanding article.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks Cherri, I've been away from Pinstack for about a week, because I upgraded my system from Vista 32bit to 64bit, and boy was that a nightmare getting everything back to business as usual.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great recap as always.....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Thanks Cherri, I've been away from Pinstack for about a week, because I upgraded my system from Vista 32bit to 64bit, and boy was that a nightmare getting everything back to business as usual.
    ugh...i feel ya i bought my pc the same time they were rolling out new ones with vista, so i got one of the last ones with XP on it

decided when it was time to buy something new, i'd try mac this time. i'm just trying to avoid vista all together.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    I have vista now, there is NO way I will ever buy a Mac or any apple product.

QUOTE=cherrichiodo;874144]ugh...i feel ya i bought my pc the same time they were rolling out new ones with vista, so i got one of the last ones with XP on it

decided when it was time to buy something new, i'd try mac this time. i'm just trying to avoid vista all together. [/QUOTE]