This week RIM announced the extension of their upcoming BlackBerry Developers Conference , being held ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: Free Downloads, Product Reviews and MORE!

Advertisement

This week RIM announced the extension of their upcoming BlackBerry Developers Conference, being held here in sunny Santa Clara, California. The President and Co-CEO of Research In Motion, Mike Lazaridis, will speak about the future of mobility, the next generation of BlackBerry smartphones and how to create rich, mobile experiences. Find out more and see who else is speaking in the General Session. If you refer a developer you know to the BlackBerry Developer Conference, you both get something in return. You'll receive a $25 US gift certificate to buy BlackBerry smartphone accessories at www.shopblackberry.com. Your developer colleagues will thank you for letting them know about the development event of the year, where they'll save $150 US off the Registration Fee.

Leaks in the Verizon camp show that the new BlackBerry Storm will definately be giving those "other" touchscreen smartphones a serious run for their money. Internal spec sheets and EVEN video of the device have been leaked from Verizon's loose fingers. It would seem that Verizon is bulging with excitement and confident they have a killer device! Both Rogers and T-Mobile have the new Flip 8220 up on their website for either pre-order or as a "coming soon" feature. RIM is releasing new devices so fast its unreal. Airtel announced the launch of the Bold in India and ACS announced thier first offering of BlackBerry devices, with the 8130, 8330 and 8830 in the line up. HURRY UP with the BOLD in the US!!

eOffice was released this week, with a special introductory rate of $29.95. eOffice enables BlackBerry users to more efficiently manage their email attachments and office files when they are away from the office. CallWave, Inc. introduced the next generation in mobile and Web-based collaboration and conferencing -- FUZE. The new browser-based hosted service, now available in beta, enables online meetings anytime-anywhere, bringing advanced collaboration capabilities to Web conferencing. Google maps issued updates this week to include closer proximity for "my location" and the introduction to mobile street view. With internal GPS (or a GPS puck) Google maps will locate where you are and (if available) can show you a street view image, with a 360 degree radius. If you haven't downloaded the new update, check it out..its pretty neat Abaqus Inc. announced the launch of MyGeoRecorder, a GPS-powered mobile application that allows consumers to record personal location-based content in real-time via a mobile phone and then share it with any social network and online service on the web.

Pocket Informant, for BlackBerry, was finally released this week. Reviewed here, you can see the unique customizations and PIM integration that PI has to offer. At $19.95, this application is a MUST have for busy professionals, or soccer moms like me. The color coding keeps my schedule organized and I am loving the UI, very visual. Other reviews this week include Exgis Expense and Ascendo Money. Exgis Expense is a mobile AND web-based expense tracking program that allows you to enter expenses as they occur which then syncs with a web-based app at the office or on your laptop, making it that much easier to prepare corporate expense reports. Ascendo Money allows you to organize your personal finances at the touch of a thumb (or two). Also check out the video review posted of Electric Pocket’s PhoneFace, Ringo, & FlipSide for BlackBerry.

If you can't do without your BlackBerry smartphone and just have to have those American Airlines AAdvantage miles, then now you can have the best of both worlds. BlackBerry, is now a participant in the AAdvantage program. AAdvantage members can now earn 4,000 AAdvantage bonus miles when they purchase a new BlackBerry at an online store powered by Simplexity, a leading online retailer of cell phones and wireless plans.

Getting the new theme itch? Me, it happens about every other day. With all the new free themes uploaded and shared on here every day, I can't download new ones fast enough. The talent on here exceeds any expectations I have ever had. The ideas are endless. Are you getting ready for the holidays? Going out to Trick or Treat? Have you started your Christmas shopping? We can help you get in the mood (I know, but three months can go by very quickly). Check out my theme round-up here, as well as the download directory and the theme genre forums for the latest on BlackBerry themes!

The Survey Says: (1) A new survey says 87 percent of PDA-owning professionals bring the devices into their bedrooms, and 84 percent check them before going to bed and as soon as soon they wake up in the morning. (2) A new study of 6,500 traveling executives says 35 percent of them would choose their PDA over their spouse! (I'm sorry, but this makes me think of Tom Hanks talking to "Wilson" on Castaway ... I love my Berry White, but he doesn't talk much.)

Have a GREAT weekend!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks for the Update Cherri

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Cherri you're the best, thanks as always!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Nice. Can't wait for the dev conf.

riogriffin1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thx

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    roflmao hysterically @
    "The Survey Says: (1) A new survey says 87 percent of PDA-owning professionals bring the devices into their bedrooms, and 84 percent check them before going to bed and as soon as soon they wake up in the morning. (2) A new study of 6,500 traveling executives says 35 percent of them would choose their PDA over their spouse! (I'm sorry, but this makes me think of Tom Hanks talking to "Wilson" on Castaway ... I love my Berry White, but he doesn't talk much.)"

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Cherri, you da bomb!!!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    awesome news as always, interesting facts
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great recap as always. Thanks.