The Storm has officially hit the US! I have never seen a campaign like the ... Week In Review forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: Accessory/App Reviews, Product Updates & More!

Advertisement

The Storm has officially hit the US! I have never seen a campaign like the one RIM and Verizon have unleashed. Everytime I turn on the TV I see a new commercial. And now, enter stage left, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 ... a smaller version of the Bold, from what I understand. Specs for the device are scarce, but if all previous rumors are true, THIS will be the device that everyone will be purchasing!

NEW Device Updates/Information
    The Blackberry Curve 8900 Launches on Rogers Wireless!
    Blackberry Storm blows down order system
    Video: The BlackBerry Storm touches down... Feedback from the street.
    Verizon BlackBerry Storm OS issues - List of upcoming Fixes.

New/Updated Apps & Accessories

Handmark Partners w/ Zed: Offers 100,000 of the Hottest Ringtones
    Handmark, a global leader in the development and distribution of mobile media, today announced a new catalog of 100,000 real music ringtones for BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and Palm customers, through a partnership with Zed, a worldwide leader for digital entertainment.

Cellular South Offers Mobile Banking for Regions Bank Customers

Cellular South today announced that it will provide mobile banking services to customers who bank with Regions Bank, one of the nation's largest providers of consumer and commercial banking services. The new mobile service will bring the convenience, flexibility and security of online banking to Regions' customers' wireless phones.

LifeInPocket Rolls Out BlackBerry Support - Free Download
    The Free App and Personalized Services That Give Cell Phones iPhone Features Plus GPS, Navigation, Location Messaging and More Now Work with RIM Devices. Building on the success in the one-billion-units-per-year Java phone market, RoadComm, Inc. today made available its LifeInPocket mobile suite to RIM's BlackBerry smart phones.

Scan and fax with the BlackBerry Storm
    Now BlackBerry Storm users can scan documents, whiteboards and business cards into searchable PDF files and electronic contacts, or send faxes anywhere in the world. The BlackBerry Storm has a 3.2 megapixel camera that takes great pictures and can be used with scanR to capture nearly anything printed or written on paper. Simply take a photo of a document, whiteboard, or business card with scanR and get a digital scan or fax in just few seconds. scanR Mobile is designed for the unique touch screen of the BlackBerry Storm. With its large size and tactile feedback, it’s perfect for easily scanning your information and viewing your files.

Ascendo DataVault - Password Manager for BlackBerry Storm
    We added several enhancements but more will follow in the days to come. Touch screen support for selecting items, icons, drop-down lists, etc., support for tilting screen vertically or horizontally, see screen shots below, automatic hide/show for screen keyboard to improve usability, screen layout improvements, re-sized graphics.

Vaja Release Two New Cases for the Blackberry Bold

NEW Beta Releases

Instango Looking for PinStack Testers for NEW Blackberry Storm Beta Release
    We have updated instango multi-client messenger to natively support the Blackberry 9500/9530 Storm. Everyone with a BB Storm is welcome to test it out and post back feedback here or in the instango Blackberry beta test forums. Download the beta OTA on your Storm from here (get.instango.com). Make sure you download the beta version!

Absolute Launches Computrace Mobile Beta Program for BlackBerry
    Absolute Software Corporation, a provider of firmware-based, patented, computer theft recovery, data protection and IT asset management solutions today announced it launched a closed beta of Computrace Mobile for the BlackBerry platform. With general availability estimated in the first quarter of 2009, the new solution will deliver asset management, data protection and geolocation tracking for the popular BlackBerry line of smartphones.

BeejiveIM beta 1.1.1 preview for 4.6 OS devices
    We are now testing a beta build of BeejiveIM for OS 4.6. If you have a 4.6 device and would like to try the build, please follow the links below. Please note, if you are currently using BeejiveIM you will need to delete your current installation and restart your phone before installing this version.

PinStacker Product & Accessory Reviews
    Review of Flipside
    Review Of X-Berry (xbox and blackberry lovers)
    Review Of Weather Eye
    Review Of Google Addressbook Sync
    Review: Agendus for BlackBerry
    Youversion: Bible Solution for BlackBerry Smartphones
    Review: Verizon Wireless 9530 Storm

Thanks to jonnyxedge, stmcgill, rmerck and Tre Lawrence for their stellar reviews!

News Features
    Attention Theme Developers: Take Your Themes To The Next Level
    Blackberry Storm blows down order system
    Verizon fires workers who snooped on Obama cell records
    Turkey Trap: Trapster Enlists 200,000 Speed Trap Spotters This Holiday
    Research in Motion shares rise on BlackBerry sales
    UK Times Online Writer Joins in on the Blackberry Storm Media Rant.
    BlackBerry wins Fraunhofer security approval
    BlackBerry Storm being hit hard by New York Times' Writer
    Obama wants to keep his BlackBerry
    How Blackberry's Storm Could Swamp the iPhone

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving and ate plenty of Turkey and Pumkin Pie

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

-c2
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 11-28-2008 at 10:03 PM.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks For the "Week In Review" so much has happened this week, it might take all weekend to get through it all...

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Thanks For the "Week In Review" so much has happened this week, it might take all weekend to get through it all...
    way too much! it 'seemed' like a short week with a lot of information squeezed in

bushey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    askplz
    yep that's right Cherri thanks for the update anyway
    Keep yourself nice.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Thanks for compiling this. I always look forward to it.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thank you as always Cherri..boy there was alot to review hope your fingers recover in time for next weeks review . There were a couple I missed during the week gonna have to check them out.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Always thankful for these updates!

GODLY 1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E95146
    As always great review of this week's activities.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the review Cherri. Good thing for it, I missed a couple of things.

dancehallking58 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone know if they have a music reconizer for the curve?? If u know hit me in bbmessaner pin is 249918AA~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by dancehallking58 View Post
    Anyone know if they have a music reconizer for the curve?? If u know hit me in bbmessaner pin is 249918AA~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

what is that? what do you intend for the music recognizer to do?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    for sure a lot of info for such a small week. but great review thanks
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter