Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

This is extremely interesting, one thing I didn't realize was that the Apps used a ... General Smartphones forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

This is extremely interesting, one thing I didn't realize was that the Apps used a lot of data to download. I use ITunes through the computer a lot with my classic IPod, however my wife never connects her IPad to the computer (save the very occasional full backup) does everything via WiFi, for some reason I thought the IPhone would be the same, of course I can understand if you have no access to Wifi this may be a problem. With the BB I download all my apps over the network (not wifi) have not had any problems on data size.

It's amazing what you can learn on this site and why it is extremely important to check with the guys here before buying your new tech gear. Going out and blindly buying I suppose is ok if you have a lot of money, and of course after checking here personal preference is still the final decision maker.
    jfcooley likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Apple moved to Delta updates for this reason and I'm glad they did. WiFi is an issue or can be if your concerned with Data usage. One thing I have always like was the seamless WiFi after first approving the WiFi connection. WiFi is the iOS device first choice and will always be used unless you chose to "forget the network".

Most Apps are not that large in file size but games on the other hand tend to be large. WiFi access is definitely important and something to be mindful of.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I am thinking about it knowing that. Will depend on what is said about the S3 tomorrow and cost of both.

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    This is extremely interesting, one thing I didn't realize was that the Apps used a lot of data to download. I use ITunes through the computer a lot with my classic IPod, however my wife never connects her IPad to the computer (save the very occasional full backup) does everything via WiFi, for some reason I thought the IPhone would be the same, of course I can understand if you have no access to Wifi this may be a problem. With the BB I download all my apps over the network (not wifi) have not had any problems on data size.

It's amazing what you can learn on this site and why it is extremely important to check with the guys here before buying your new tech gear. Going out and blindly buying I suppose is ok if you have a lot of money, and of course after checking here personal preference is still the final decision maker.
    Yeah, exactly why I asked. Know its odd that I would be considering it, but I think at upgrade time it is important to set aside opinions and look at everything. I may even take a look at win7 Devi es if sprint has any to offer.

I have to consider that I have the device for 20 months. Has to be right or I lose money trying to replace it. Went through that with the HTC.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I have to consider that I have the device for 20 months. Has to be right or I lose money trying to replace it. Went through that with the HTC.
    This actually narrows down your search to one device if you think about updated OS's, updated Apps and resale after 20 months.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    This actually narrows down your search to one device if you think about updated OS's, updated Apps and resale after 20 months.
    I agree. Apple is good about OS upgrades and it seems I'm updating an app daily. NOTHING holds it's value like a later release iPhone.
    lak611 likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    ^^^I've never seen any other devices on Craigslist or eBay with as high resale prices as iPhones.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

I agree with the resale value, but to me that is only an issue if I don't care for the device.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    From what I've read that you've posted in the past, you had the first generation iphone? Believe me, they've come a loooong way since then. But if you like the Android platform, then stick with it. Just my .02.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    From what I've read that you've posted in the past, you had the first generation iphone? Believe me, they've come a loooong way since then. But if you like the Android platform, then stick with it. Just my .02.
    I think this solid advice, thanks.
    I thought I'd consider it, but as most iPhone users are invested in that ecosystem, I am in Androids.
    I appreciate everyone's advice. One of the merits of Pinstack is despite our different tastes in devices you guys can give honest and thoughtful advice on this topic
    If I could Dole out trust points to you all I would.
    Thanks, especially Chokem. Thanks guy.
    chokem likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Get the Samsung SIII. I'm thinking about trying it out.

We can be phone chums.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Get the Samsung SIII. I'm thinking about trying it out.

We can be phone chums.
    Phone chums for life. I need commitment.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    What about networks, the 4S is still only 3G I think the 5 is likely to be 4G/LTE. This could also be a consideration if you have a phone for 20 months.
    lak611 likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    What about networks, the 4S is still only 3G I think the 5 is likely to be 4G/LTE. This could also be a consideration if you have a phone for 20 months.
    For that reason, I would recommend that anyone who is considering a new iPhone should wait until the next one is released in October (whatever it is called when it is released: 5, 6, the new iPhone, etc).
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Laura, I didn't mention it but that's what I was going to do.

4g and LTE won't be here until well after my upgrade is due. Probably the second upgrade knowing sprint.

I think Chokems advice is solid. I had time to think about it last night. I know a bit about android, have plenty of apps that I rely on that I would have to replace. My investment of time and money would be utilized better to stay with android.

I think each has its merits and downfalls, bit as we always say....the best is the one that's right for you. It looks like switching would create hurdles and issues I'd have to find work arounds for. Makes little sense to do when an android would be up and running out of the box.

Apple is good, but Android is better for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast