A post taken from BB Leaks. Who's The Boss? Blackberry. Posted by matthiasj on Thursday ... General Smartphones forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Who's Boss ?

Advertisement

A post taken from BB Leaks.

Who's The Boss? Blackberry.

Posted by matthiasj on Thursday Mar 11th at 8:36pm

?

Washington Business Journal has released an article showing the findings of a recent Reston based comScore smartphone marketshare evaluation.* And guess who is still top dog?* Yep it's Blackberry.* Research in Motion's Blackberry smartphones dominate 43% of the smartphone market, up from 41.3% last October.* iPhone comes in second with 25.1% marketshare (up from 24.8% 3 months ago).* While Microsoft and Palm have to sit back and watch their market share slowly decrease, Google's Android platform gained 7.1% marketshare in 3 months.* I'm glad to see Blackberry still on top, but I think Android might pose more of a threat to RIM's marketshare than iPhone.

Thoughts?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Wow! Not 'Wow' that BlackBerry is still on top, but 'Wow' that Google's Android is growing so quickly. I think that you are right, Google will get more of the market share and I think it will be at the expense of RIM.

I feel as though iPhone users will stay loyal but I know more BlackBerry users that are ready and willing to jump ship.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...well, from the article on the paper someone is losing out, and it doesn't seem to be RIM !

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm glad RIM is still doing well, BB was my first smartphone love and although we have parted ways, I wish it well lol. Maybe Windows phone 7 will bring some new life back to microsoft, and Palm....well idk

I still think some people are waiting to see what this year's iphone will bring, I could see more trying Android if the next gen iphone doesn't bring something really new and awesome.....and if Apple ever stops with the AT&T exclusivity and made one available to VZW customers we would see another crazy apple growth spurt.

Go Android
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I actually think Windows Mobile 7 series phones will eat into Android or compete with Android I guess and both will take away from RIM while the next generation iPhone will simply continue to do what it has done each year. (Grow in numbers)

Everyone but RIM is creating new Touch screens and releasing new O.S's with new features. I don't see 2010 being a very good year for RIM. There are just too many other options that are more appealing.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Rim make good phones but the os is really showing it's age. The need to build a new os from the ground up. Apple now have 25% which I think is amazing cause there is only one model.
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    The longer RIM stays on top the better... the more will emerge out of it.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    Rim make good phones but the os is really showing it's age. The need to build a new os from the ground up. Apple now have 25% which I think is amazing cause there is only one model.
    I totally agree. Lack of memory doesn't help either. I'm a huge fan of Apps and use about 20 daily on my iphone. Updated OS and more memory in my opinion is what RIM needs to compete in the fast growing smartphone market.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"