Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by srl7741 I'm kind of suprised that more BB owners have not posted ... General Smartphones forum

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I'm kind of suprised that more BB owners have not posted their thoughts.

Current Blackberry owners have the most to offer on this topic because they can pass on what has kept them happy and what they think about all the other platforms available.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    They have nothing to say.
    Yeah its funny, When I got my G1 the day it came out, BB owners around here were quick to bash it and I took much abuse. But all I knew was that the G1 was running circles around my 8320! Now, over a year later, they're quiet little church mice.. Feels good to be right and say I told you so! Ok I had to get that out. I feel better now.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have a feeling a few BB peeps will speak up now and reply to that rdills......glad you feel better cuz they may pound you
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    One thing BB owners (I notice) don't do is resort to personnal pounding. Because we probably have (still) the best smartphone available, we might be cajolled to tease other operating systems. But with a open mind.
    Since BB is a standard that (apparently) all smartphone systems compare against, it's usual for the BB to take a pounding. Nothing personnal since it's the BB system that is being compared !
    I tried the Android (azstar witnessed this) and I gave it up simply because Google Sync did nothing for me. Actually complicated my life. I didn't knock it. I saw it's values. I did not compare it. I just saw that the functions didn't work for me ! Period !
    And I came back to the 9700.
    There, I got it out as well. Had to say this...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I said my piece as well. Was never one to knock something I never tried, either. I have my personal preference, as we all do.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I never thought i'd leave bb's but I did and I'm glad I did
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I never thought i'd leave bb's but I did and I'm glad I did
    I've teased you a lot about this rato ! Especially the...FLASH, or the lack of it.
    The 3Gs works for you, it's great. I have one too as you know ! I let the missus use it ! And, she doesn't want any other !

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Cant we all get along ?The blackberry is still the phone that the rest are compared to.That why its the peanut gallery knockin the blackberry. not one phone can do it.
    " B safe "

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned that if you need a physical keyboard the Blackberry is the only way to go. RIM's keyboard is hand down a great one.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned that if you need a physical keyboard the Blackberry is the only way to go. RIM's keyboard is hand down a great one.

And the Bold 9000 is the best of the RIM keyboards, IMHO (87XX series was great too)
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I really dont see RIM changing the OS all that much anytime soon. Mike Lazaridis said it himself, well not in that way, but with his latest comments about preserving bandwith. This is a marketing strategy that RIM is taking. There is a lot of talk about carriers charging extra for those data hungry phones. If carriers are gonna start charging more, a Blackberry is gonna be the cheapest smart phone to use cause of the simple apps and the way data is compressed. I dont think the Blackberry OS can be changed all that much without sacrificing security that its known for. This is RIM, they know know they cant compete with Iphone, android so they are gonna market their phones as the cheap, carrier friendly device.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12