I've been traveling around the Carribian for the past week. I've noticed that Androids are ... General Smartphones forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Where's Androids market share?????

Advertisement

I've been traveling around the Carribian for the past week. I've noticed that Androids are not that common. Not that they aren't available. Far from it. They're actually more avalible than the iPhone, yet that's not what you see. I've seen more BB than I have androids. Just wondering where the 56% is. ???

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    56% comes from each Android user having multiple Android devices because there is a new one released each week better than the last. So you have a horde effect going on

To answer your question, IDK? Good question.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good point BHP. Caribbean ? Wow. Lucky devil...
    Let me give you my impression. I live in Porto. If I go to the Foz and Boavista areas of the city, cafés, bars, etc. iPhone is the major smartphone doing the rounds. also lot's of (but less) SII, and now the Note seem to be in fashion. A splatter of Blackberries, usually the 9900.
    Move away, more middle suburbs, you'll find lots of cheaper Androids (all makes) and an exaggeration of Nokia and Sony-Ericcsson. These are usually provided by the carriers. Either as pre-paid or in some sort of plan.
    I don't think this demographic changes much, regardless of where you are in the world. In your case, in the Caribbean on holiday (?) the hotel and beaches flooded with tourists that have money, I can imagine what was the prime phone around. You didn't say what it was,, 'cause you don't want to say it...but the contents of you post give you away !

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I actually see mostly Android devices in my small part of the World. Everyone has an Android and discusses wanting to get a newer one but they are of course tied to a contract. Yes there are tons of iPhones but near me those users are those who migrated from BB smartphone and have been using a smartphone for years.

The Android users near me are those who never had a BB and for the most part are enjoying their first or second smartphone. They love them. Funny thing is they talk about owning an iPhone just as much and simply did not consider an iPhone. It's odd? They compare everything to the iPhone tho and I don't understand that part.

Those with BB devices are the funniest of all. They do nothing but complain and moan and groan about giving it back to their company and buying something else that is easier to use and meets their needs. They don't b/c the device is simply not that important to them and it's free. If it were not free I'm 100% sure they would not have a RIM product.

philMo no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Good point BHP. Caribbean ? Wow. Lucky devil...
    Let me give you my impression. I live in Porto. If I go to the Foz and Boavista areas of the city, cafés, bars, etc. iPhone is the major smartphone doing the rounds. also lot's of (but less) SII, and now the Note seem to be in fashion. A splatter of Blackberries, usually the 9900.
    Move away, more middle suburbs, you'll find lots of cheaper Androids (all makes) and an exaggeration of Nokia and Sony-Ericcsson. These are usually provided by the carriers. Either as pre-paid or in some sort of plan.
    I don't think this demographic changes much, regardless of where you are in the world. In your case, in the Caribbean on holiday (?) the hotel and beaches flooded with tourists that have money, I can imagine what was the prime phone around. You didn't say what it was,, 'cause you don't want to say it...but the contents of you post give you away !
    Same thing you can see around here. The iPhone has a much better market position in the US and probably neighbouring countries. If you have a look at the sales by operating system you can easily see that you actually should see a fair amount of android phones around. You probably just don't spot them as often because they all look diffrent compared to the iPhone basically just having 2 models (since 4s/4 3gs/3 look the same).