Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's an interesting article on Smartphone OS's. Noticeably absent is RIM. While BlackBerrys are still ... General Smartphones forum

Archer2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Where Is The BlackBerry?

Advertisement

Here's an interesting article on Smartphone OS's.

Noticeably absent is RIM. While BlackBerrys are still selling, the fact that Palm is talked about and BlackBerry is left out is very telling.

http://reviews.cnet.com/iphone-atlas...tag=rtcol;tags

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Obviouly incomplete, as regards RIM but also Nokia (linux). The guy isn't shy to show his colors...
    This is what I consider bad reporting to say the least. Endgadget editors should strive to inform and not get, probably, paid to run incomplete and biased articles.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Poor RIM, I guess they'll be folding up shop and going home soon. Im pretty sure thiis will change in the next few months with the release of OS 6.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^second that, Chokem. But what I´m worried about is the equipment gurantees. What to do ? In actual fact, all the benefits of having a BB, really gone down the tubes ! Damn, I must go and get one the systems the reporter talks about... or maybe get RIM to reconsider not withdrawing from the market. And the OS 6.0.
    Wheew...I´m at wits end !

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Endgadget editors should strive to inform and not get, probably, paid to run incomplete and biased articles.
    Just to clarify......that was a CNET article, not Engadget. I much prefer Engadget for my news than anyone else; however, all sites have there own bias.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also, at the time of the article, RIM had not announced 6.0 or shown off any teasers about it, this article was from before then. At the time of the article there had been nothing new from RIM in the OS dept for a long time.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ Granted AZ. But RIM's OS 5.0 is enough to compete with all these. The omission is non-forgivable. I wonder if the OS 6.0 Will warrant a new comparison...
    My apologies for wrongfully citing Endgaget - it wasn't intentional. CNET obviously is the "editor" in question.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Del has single-handedly caused the demise of RIM. Oh well, anybody want to buy a nice 9700?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ Who ? Me ? What ? After all my unselfish Defense of the RIM cause ? Geez, Chokem...
    But...I wanna have your BB - send it over bud ! At no Cost...And I propose that you pay postage as well, since the 9700 is now, worthless !
    ...and I like to collect rubbish !
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-05-2010 at 12:17 PM.

^^^ No biggie, just clarifying........

btw......I am hooking up my 8830 and ditching my HTC Hero. Back to BB finally!!! Now I just need Cellular South to get the new Bold 9650 and my life will be complete!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    RIM SHOULD be included! Yes they are sharing more and more of the smartphone market percentage-wise, but the overall size of the market is growing so fast it won't matter!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    RIM SHOULD be included! Yes they are sharing more and more of the smartphone market percentage-wise, but the overall size of the market is growing so fast it won't matter!
    DITTO - Couldn´t agree more.

AndroidUser no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Obviouly incomplete, as regards RIM but also Nokia (linux). The guy isn't shy to show his colors...
    This is what I consider bad reporting to say the least. Endgadget editors should strive to inform and not get, probably, paid to run incomplete and biased articles.
    Biased reporting is a part of mainstream news practices today. That's the unfortunate part. So if one wants to point the finger and blame the reporter, so be it. Yet on the other hand if the public was as enamored with RIM as they are with Apple and Google's Android, than RIM would have made this list easily.

^^ RIM steadily holds a large share of the market.....just this week they reached the top 5 phone manufacturers in the US!! It comes down to style vs. substance.......RIM does everything well, some OS's do flashy type things that attract the mind of the average user; however those that demand that the device perform well CONSISTENTLY come to RIM for that.

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB I think will come thru with there new os they had so long to work on it tat I think they know how big they gotta come big

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast