When you're with AT&T and you're using an IPhone. It seems as though AT&T will ... General Smartphones forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

When is Unlimited Data not Unlimited Data?

Advertisement

When you're with AT&T and you're using an IPhone. It seems as though AT&T will eventually have some type of tier use (in other words the more you use the more you pay).

“What we are seeing in the U.S. today in terms of smartphone penetration, 3G data, nobody else is seeing in the rest of the planet,” Ralph de la Vega, president and chief executive for mobility and consumer markets at AT&T, told analysts at a conference in New York. “The amount of growth and data that we are seeing in wireless data is unprecedented.”

[Read More]

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    This is really disappointing. After signing up for a contract, paying for an activation fee, the handset, a monthly plan with all the added fees and taxes and now they want to add another cost of the data an individual uses? Ridiculous.

Is this the route other carriers will take when trying to improve their customer service?

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I think they are smart enough to know if they start charging more for date the users will go down.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    This is really disappointing. After signing up for a contract, paying for an activation fee, the handset, a monthly plan with all the added fees and taxes and now they want to add another cost of the data an individual uses? Ridiculous.

Is this the route other carriers will take when trying to improve their customer service?
    I could not agree more. However that said, it's inevitable that they are going to begin charging us more because they can. Already we are paying massive amounts of money for wireless smartphones and carrier fees, and yet the bottom line is this is like the insurance industry, not too much unlike organized crime...heh!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Here's a thought: AT&T iPhone Whining Could Doom Exclusivity Deal

AT&T (NYSE:T)'s whining about iPhone subscribers using too much bandwidth is not only going to generate more customer anger, it could also pound the final nail into the coffin of its U.S. iPhone exclusivity deal with Apple (NSDQ:AAPL). [Read More]

pattachan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Verizon caps at 5GB on their smartphones too, but I guess at least you knew that up front. I only use about 2GB a month on AT&T so I am not too worried. I like to use WiFi when I can because even though 3G is fast, my WiFi connections are faster!

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    The company had no problem selling all the good points of the phone and generating excitement with all the different apps, but now that they have come under fire for not being able to provide the service as it should, they now want to further punish the customer by "educating" and charging them for the using the phone as it was glorified.

Not good at all.

mdfleck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400FE4D
    This reminds me of the notice I once got from Alltel explaining that I would need to cut back my usage of the telephone line as my "unlimited minutes" plan would now become 450 minutes to a single number for the same price. Keep in mind this was back in the day of the dialup 28 and 56k modems, but I had signed up for an unlimited number of minutes to a single number for a fixed price regardless of usage. Going from being on the Internet all the time, anytime, to only being able to be on 7 hours a month resulted in the timely cancellation of my service(Hi, yes, cancel my service, thanks).
    8100 Pearl for the win!