Last week an interesting article (or rather: photo gallery) appeared on CNET, where they featured ... General Smartphones forum

Dollface5566 no está en línea Stack level 2

What’s the worst cell phone of 2010?

Advertisement

Last week an interesting article (or rather: photo gallery) appeared on CNET, where they featured the 10 worst cell phones of this year. The winner on their list? The Duet W002, which according to their review ‘can take two SIM cards, but is nothing more than a poorly conceived iPhone imitation’. LOL. So I was wondering whether you guys have given any thought on which cell phone is the worst – either from last year or all time. Anyone?

Hi, nice to meet you!

Candypants no está en línea Stack level 1
    I’ve had an iphone for years in a row now… wouldn’t know which phones would be bad, cause I don’t use them
    Hi,all!

There's a clear answer - it's the TerreStar Genus (read our articles starting here). It is well-made, but ill-conceived. It's a phone who's major selling point is the fact that it connects via satellite when regular signal isn't available. It's about $1000 on contract, requires a huge monthly subscription, and is driving the poor manufacturer almost to bankruptcy. It is a lemon in a world of oranges. It's probably constructed well, and probably does as it is advertised; but no one is interested. That's my vote!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    My worst phone?

I have a Samsung e635 that I got thru T-Mobile back in 2005 for around $75 on contract, when RIM and NTP were in that litigation battle (at the time I was on a 7100t at the end of the particular billing period I was on. I wanted to throw it at the wall but kept it LOL). The only thing that piece of junk was good for was phone calls and T9 texting. Everything else made the phone reboot (MMS, email and web browsing. Pairing it with a BlueTooth headset caused dropped calls). I managed to get along with it for a month knowing full well I had 14 days to return it. It is a cute slider phone that caught my attention when I saw it online, that I just had to have though. LOL I then went right to my drawer where I remembered I had stashed the 7100t.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-14-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Funny thing is a few years later I started seeing other people with it LOL

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The storm 2?
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I would have to say one that doesnt work. LOL But personaly Im sick of iPhone 3 because it is not equiped to maintain NORMAL on an 4x OS but you sorrta have to upgrade cuz all of the apps are becoming out of date with the normal OS that the iP3 came with. possible even the iP4. But I will prb never change. I was a BB user for years and switched to Crapple cuz the Storm wasnt gonna go to ATT.

iLord is DEAD!

vicbowling no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree with the previous post. As long as the phone works you can't really diss it, right?
    People with smartphones are spoiled. I just got a Blackberry and I'm already hooked and secretly
    judging those who don't!

HillaryKillinton no está en línea Stack level 1
    In my opinion I think the worst phone in 2010 is Motorola VE440, I really doesn’t like the features of it.

I can EASILY top my previous post in this thread. The worst (but most portable) phone for me was the ENTIRE BB Pearl line on T-Mo (with the exception of the Pearl Flip 8220 which I never owned). Limited memory and constant OS crashes. I had 6 of them (3 8100's and 3 8120's) before I finally gave up.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    One name...BLACK BERRY

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hey KTW I'm glad you didn't say Blackberry...
    But the worst ? I dunno . One that can't be used as such?
    What Mark chose is about as close as it gets.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Oops...there's still RIM fans....Er.... I mean BerryBlack

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    There's a clear answer - it's the TerreStar Genus (read our articles starting here). It is well-made, but ill-conceived. It's a phone who's major selling point is the fact that it connects via satellite when regular signal isn't available. It's about $1000 on contract, requires a huge monthly subscription, and is driving the poor manufacturer almost to bankruptcy. It is a lemon in a world of oranges. It's probably constructed well, and probably does as it is advertised; but no one is interested. That's my vote!
    it looks like the company will be history soon. I just visited their website, and they will be auctioning their assets in June.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611