Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is the best camera phone for picture taking in both good and bad light ... General Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

what is the best camera phone ?

Advertisement

what is the best camera phone for picture taking in both good and bad light ? if I can say what is the most balanced camera phone ?

considering that the images will only be viewed on the phone so the dpi and technology of the phone screen must also be taken into account here.

and no...this is not a bragging championship, its just a camera comparison thread. (i have no intentions of showing off)

I was hopping that you Dell would have some opinions on this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

My personal opinion is the iPhone. My SIII camera has similar specs, but the pictures were better quality in my opinion.

KTW
    iPhone 5 ?...I've seen the images the 4S takes, I believe you may be right on that one

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I had the 4s.

verizonuser no está en línea Stack level 1
    Are you serious? iPhone? picture quality? I do not think iphone produce good quality of picture. For the camera, Samsung product is the best..

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by verizonuser View Post
    Are you serious? iPhone? picture quality? I do not think iphone produce good quality of picture. For the camera, Samsung product is the best..
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. I've had several iPhones and several Samsungs . The picture quality on the 4s and i5 are in my opinion, superior to the Gs3 and the Note 2. The photos are crisper and cleaner. JMO.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by verizonuser
    Yep, I'm serious and I've had both as well. I'm on an SIII now and my iPhone took better pictures.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by verizonuser View Post

Even I have to disagree with that...

KTW
    jep... apple beats samsung. unless samsung gave the galaxy camera call and sms/texting capabilities.
    Last edited by KTW; 04-03-2013 at 04:34 AM.

KTW
    I've checked a few reviews and it looks like...ahem...a nokia 920 is the top camera smartphone...currently, according to the reviewer its even better than any iphone especially in low light....low light, this brings the question of how well the htc one would compare in this ? but I here that in normal good light the sony experia Z is top gunner. just wish I had all the above listed devices in my hands so as to compare....del....can you do me a favour (if possible) find answers to these questions, opinions and theorys ?.....i mean you can test any device you want thanks to your local carrier.

...though I did compare the 4S to the 5 and honestly... couldn't see much difference, if any in camera quality.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The Galaxy cameras are great. In actual fact any camera on the latest devices are all great.
    Now, what I do notice is that the more features they have the most difficult it becomes too take a simple picture. And that's where the iPhone camera comes in. Simplicity of use lends a helpful hand. That's why the pictures always look better.
    Unless you want a special effects photo, or fancy lighting, it's best to keep standard specs on the camera as is. The fancier you want things there's no smartphone camera that will take a photo like a proper camera.
    Last edited by Delfim; 04-03-2013 at 08:47 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Doesn't do poorly but could be better. This was with the nexus camera. Low light isn't great. Quick shutter though when flash is off. Forget getting a good pic with flash. Washed out. I have Photoshop mobile (worth the $5) to do real editing, but its a hassle.

S3 camera really sucks with movement. I'm sure I could adjust it, but its annoying. No real luck with HDR mods...

KTW
    but are there any good camera phones that can handle over and under exposure well ?

I think even many DSLR cameras struggle with this, but I may be wrong.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Love the picture Jay. Now to the thread, in my opinion camera phones are there for the quick snap that you may want to take if you do not have a real camera available, simple as that, camera phones will never be able to handle low light as well as an SLR, lens is too small so cannot capture enough light, pixels are too small so cannot store the light they capture in the pixel. So if you are choosing you smartphone specifically for the camera, do yourself a favor, buy a camera! Can SLR's handle underexposure, overexposure, that really depends on the special accessory the camera has attached to it, you know the thing with two eyes and brain using the functions on the camera If I were to be really interested in taking pictures without a flash indoors I would be using something like a Nikon D7100, if I want to take sports pictures indoors where exposure and speed is of the essence then I would probably use a D600 or D800 ie a full sized professional camera with a F lenses. No matter what brand of DSLR you choose it will be better than a camera phone, but it may not always be with you so that is where having a small camera or if you insist and camera phone can be useful.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Love the picture Jay. Now to the thread, in my opinion camera phones are there for the quick snap that you may want to take if you do not have a real camera available, simple as that, camera phones will never be able to handle low light as well as an SLR, lens is too small so cannot capture enough light, pixels are too small so cannot store the light they capture in the pixel. So if you are choosing you smartphone specifically for the camera, do yourself a favor, buy a camera! Can SLR's handle underexposure, overexposure, that really depends on the special accessory the camera has attached to it, you know the thing with two eyes and brain using the functions on the camera If I were to be really interested in taking pictures without a flash indoors I would be using something like a Nikon D7100, if I want to take sports pictures indoors where exposure and speed is of the essence then I would probably use a D600 or D800 ie a full sized professional camera with a F lenses. No matter what brand of DSLR you choose it will be better than a camera phone, but it may not always be with you so that is where having a small camera or if you insist and camera phone can be useful.
    "buy a camera", I bought a camera
    ...a Canon SX 50 HS to be precise ...but no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get it to fit in my pocket. which is a pity as I'm a little involved in photography and when I walk down the streets or walkway, I get a glimpse of a beautiful image, out comes the phone to photograph and after a few minutes of adjusting camera settings I realise that the photo will not come out the way I imagined. this is due to very limited contrast/extreme over and under exposure and then there's the issue of round headed, stick man clarity

...don't get me started on low light.

but to be reasonable, my device (htc evo 3D X515m-international version) is about 2 years old and in my next upgrade (a few months from now) I am really hopping to get something with the best camera on the market of cellphone cameras.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast