View Poll Results: What do YOU use a Smartphone for primarily?

Voters
43. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Telephone

16 37.21%
  • Data (email, MMS, SMS, Internet, other communication)

38 88.37%
  • PIM (Calendar, To-Do lists, Spreadsheets, word processing, etc)

13 30.23%
  • Multimedia (Pictures, Music, Video)

12 27.91%
  • Paperweight (i.e. you have it because it's "cool")

2 4.65%
  • Other

1 2.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm interested in knowing what you all use your Smartphone for! Not necessarily what you ... General Smartphones forum

What is a smartphone to YOU?

Advertisement

I'm interested in knowing what you all use your Smartphone for! Not necessarily what you think it should be or do, but what you find yourself using your device for. If you choose "other", then fill in what it does for you (i.e. paperweight, etc.)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I find that I use it for data and messaging more than anything else.

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    I agree with Erica, Thats the primary reason i use mine

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This should be interesting to see the results.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Can't narrow it down. I'm talking on it just as much as messaging and browsing, but it's also my primary calendar. I can't live without 'Today' themes. It's also my walkman and jogging partner, so again, I can't really pick just one.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I use it for all the above reasons, even paperweight sometimes but to choose the one category I literally use most, it's definitely data...that incorporates a lot of functions in one group
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    its all about time management for me.

My major uses are PIM and Multimedia. I use the calendar, several downloaded applications, etc. to keep me organized. I use the stopwatch when I exercise, the countdown timer when my wife is cooking, etc., the calculator, the to-do list, but especially the calendar. As far as multimedia, I have a 4gb microSD where I currently have over 1400 pictures and videos of family and friends (especially grandchildren!) and a lot of music so I can listen while I'm walking. The phone I'm using now has a great FM radio feature that I can listen to during walks also. Less frequently, I use messaging services (sms, mms) and for phone calls.

All of this is probably why I've switched from Blackberry to Nokia, and why I'm using the 5310 (which is one of Nokia's "Xpress Music" models)

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Can't narrow it down. I'm talking on it just as much as messaging and browsing, but it's also my primary calendar. I can't live without 'Today' themes. It's also my walkman and jogging partner, so again, I can't really pick just one.
    So, I hope you checked all the boxes - - even the Paperweight one, because the 8900 is definately "cool"!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    For the record my 8900 can beat up your clunky 7290 and his/her paperweight 9530
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    For the record my 8900 can beat up your clunky 7290 and his/her paperweight 9530
    Lol

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    So, I hope you checked all the boxes - - even the Paperweight one, because the 8900 is definately "cool"!
    Everything except that one. I was afraid to call her a paperweight. Figured she wouldn't give me my email then.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use my berry smartphone for everyday uses. Its a smartphone to because I'm not limited to what I can do using a smartphone. I feel free with my trusty berry. Never will I own another.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The reason I said it's going to be interesting is b/c all those choices are can be dependent on the other. They are all related, even the paper weight. I use mine as a paper weight as I use read content on the screen too.

Seamless integration is worth it's weight and works great as a paper weight.

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thumbs up

i almost never talk on the phone anymore, with email, text, chat...i love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast