Today has gone way different than I have expected. I got a call form t-mobile ... General Smartphones forum

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

What a weird day

Advertisement

Today has gone way different than I have expected. I got a call form t-mobile to test out the new galaxy S with hspa+ in my area. I got my hands on the phone and starting setting everything up the way that I like it, and I think I might be leaving blackberry all together. This phone is so smooth it has swipe and all that jazz. The screen is awesome and the phone weights absolutely nothing. I have my eye still on Blackberry 6 but if these new devices and OS arn't amazing then you might see the end of blackberry. If you havent taken a look at the droid or any device that runs googles OS you might want to look
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha, you didn't expect to like it did you?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Just looked at the specs for this device at gsmarena - it looks beyond awesome

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Samsung has really stepped back into the market they use to run with this phone. Great job, droid is very nice. Has it's quirks as most things with google does as they like us to live in a beta world but welcome to the real smart phones. If you don't like apple,the. Droid is the only other option. Good to hear and wouldn't mind a review from ya.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Haha, you didn't expect to like it did you?
    Not at all. The killer for me is how the interface is. The alert bar at the top is sweet. I downloaded the app killer so I know nothing is running in the background. It came preloaded with avatar and it looks like I'm watching it on a HD tv.

I never though I would leave blackberry, I know I sound like everyone else but WOW this device is awesome.

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

The use of Task Killers in Android is controversial, I never use one, they generally cause more problems than they help. Linux/Android will kill processes as needed on it's own. Also many times it will show that an app/process is running, but really, it is just sitting/waiting and not taking up enough power/memory to impact the device, especially on the newer devices which have so much more memory. If you start having any issues, dump your task killer first, reboot, and see if that fixes your problem

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...droid-way.html
    there are several articles linked here: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...oid-users.html
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well guys and gals I think I'm going to roll back to my blackberry. After using the device for a two days I found some stuff I do not like. First off is typing, Swype is cool and works great but I cant stand not having real buttons to click. I can type so much faster and with one hand if i need to on my BB. Second is the email delay, I set my device to receive corporate emails and there is like a 15 minute delay. Drives me nuts!!! I have the settings set to push and still there is a delay. Overall it is a sweet phone and is light years ahead of BB in user interface. But my BB still does the essentials tons tons better.

Truth + Clarity = Power

My gmail gets pushed right away, my MSN account has the option to check mail every 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 minutes or never as well as manually refresh. I have not used a corporate/exchange account so I don't know what options are available.

As far as touch screen typing goes, it takes some time to get speedy, but some people just don't adapt well to it. I thought I needed a physical keyboard, that's why I chose the Motorola Droid. But the only time I slide out the physical keyboard is to hold the X key when booting into recovery mode to flash a new ROM
    Twitter? My Apps List