I am on my second BB now and, this sounds really lame, but I cannot ... General Smartphones forum

ridie no está en línea Stack level 1

Viewing Media Card

Advertisement

I am on my second BB now and, this sounds really lame, but I cannot figure out how or where on my phone to find out what is on my media card! Help?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Look for the media icon on your BB, select it, press menu>explore>Blackberry and you will see a list of all the folders on your media card. Any help?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you click on the media icon, then click the BB menu button and then go to explore, you can navigate all the folders on your media card and device memory and see what's there

Haha, beat by the fish
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    If you click on the media icon, then click the BB menu button and then go to explore, you can navigate all the folders on your media card and device memory and see what's there

Haha, beat by the fish
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks to both of you!! I knew there would be a simple response.

One of the reasons I wanted to know this (besides the obvious) is that I have some pictures on the media card of my old BB and want to get them onto my new BB. They didn't come over when I transferred my data and I would really like to have them. Can you guys help me with this?

Here are a couple ways you could do this.

1. Put the old media card on your new BB and save the pics to your device memory, then put the new media card back in the new BB and move them from device memory to memory card.

2. Use either your BB in mass storage mode, or a card reader to transfer the pics from your old memory card to a computer, then move them to the new card.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Azstar, how do I save them to my device memory, if I follow #1 above? I can find the picture folder on the old memory card, but don't know how to move it over to my device's memory.

highlight the thumbnail of the image, then menu/move/device memory/explore/device memory/open then choose which folder to use. If you want to use the device pictures folder then keep navigating device memry/open/home/open/user/open/pictures/move into
    Twitter? My Apps List

Thanks so much for all of your help!

No problem, if you have many pics to move I def recommend method 2, method one will be tedious