Hello, I have a Verizon BB World Edition 8830, Flashed to cricket, i can send ... General Smartphones forum

darkrupt no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon BB 8830 world flashed to cricket.

Advertisement

Hello, I have a Verizon BB World Edition 8830, Flashed to cricket, i can send and receive texts, pics, sound, and even surf the net.
    I downloaded yahoo and aim messenger, But every time i load it, it says not Enabled for this handheld.
    I'm new to BB. My GPS i downloaded also says no internet connection.
    Ive looked for service books, Thinking that might help, but im not sure, My plan with cricket is Unlimited. Surfing sending and receiving. Can anyone help me with this problem??

Please.. And thank you.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, I did some research on this for you as I wasn't familiar with the carrier. Apparently there's some people claiming they have found a way to allow this phone to work seamlessly on Cricket and some who are saying that services like push email and WAP will not work at all. This is why you can receive SMS/MMS messages and surf the net, but your 3rd party applications will not function. One of the posts I've read suggests that simply changing the APN configuration (my first thought when I read this post) allowed it to function normally, but I'm doubtful it will work. Here are the settings if you would like to try.

Go to Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP and enter the following:

apn - wap.mycricket.com
    username - yournumber@mycricket.com
    password - cricket

Unless something has recently changed, Cricket does not currently offer a BIS plan, which is part of the reason the functionality is so limited with BB's.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Thank you for the help, but when I enter that info in. My browser won't even work. But really thanks for the help.
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You will need to send the service books to the phone and I doubt that Cricket has service books for a BlackBerry.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah, I wasn't sure that would work, but figured it was worth a shot. As I said, Cricket doesn't have a BIS setup, so you're not going to get the full functionality of the device. If you happen to find a doable workaround, please post it.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Will do, and thanks a lot everyone.

Ok so I found a work around, but the person was very secretive about it. Anyways, he said that you need to setup a computer that your phone will rout to? Then it will send the info to aim/yahoo etc and come back to your phone. He said something bout the computer useing the port 8080. Sorry if this does not help, but it's all the info I could gather.

Sorry if I wasn't detailed. Lemme refraze. The phone connects to the computer as 8080 the computer then uses the regular port to connect to aim etc. Then the info comes back to the pc, then uses 8080 and goes back to the phone.